3 5 6.25%
2 0 0%
1 0 0%
Voters: 80. You may not vote on this poll

Old 26 Sep 2010, 13:54 (Ref:2764734)   #1
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Rate the Race : Singapore GP

Race by night...
Old 26 Sep 2010, 13:58 (Ref:2764738)   #2
Fox89
Veteran

United Kingdom
Leamington Spa, UK
Fox89 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridFox89 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The novelty of the night race is now stale, Kubica providing the only excitement that didn't end in a frustrating crash.

EDIT: Oh!! I gave it a "3" by the way

Last edited by Fox89; 26 Sep 2010 at 14:07.
Old 26 Sep 2010, 14:05 (Ref:2764757)   #3
ralf fan
Forum Host
Veteran

United Nations
Apartment No.203
ralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I thought it was tense and lots of incidents. Great drives from Alonso, Kubica and Vettel. I'd say a 7.
Old 26 Sep 2010, 14:23 (Ref:2764796)   #4
genevieve_autumn
Rookie

United Kingdom
London somedays, Dartford other days
genevieve_autumn has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
I gave 5 as it was alright, I liked watching it happen at night time, some of the tense moments were interesting to watch but a lot of it was processional. And my team didn't win so that was disappointing.
Old 26 Sep 2010, 14:26 (Ref:2764798)   #5
Pingguest
Veteran

Netherlands
Heemstede, The Netherlands
Pingguest should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
7 - Some great action, but I think the Safety Car robbed us from a greater race once again.
Old 26 Sep 2010, 14:28 (Ref:2764802)   #6
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Gave it 3. It was processional and attrition took its toll. The Webber/Hamilton incident added a spark of controversy.
Old 26 Sep 2010, 14:59 (Ref:2764840)   #7
Spritle
Veteran

Spritle has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
I gave it a four, (despite another Hammo DNF ) since only the last 25% was interesting. Great stuff from Kubica & Vettel on the last few laps.
Old 26 Sep 2010, 15:07 (Ref:2764847)   #8
FordCosworthPanoz
Veteran

Bermuda
Flatts Village
FordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Gave it a 5, if it wasn't for an interesting finish and some of Kubica's passes I would have rated it less.
Old 26 Sep 2010, 15:10 (Ref:2764852)   #9
brands
Veteran

brands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbrands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbrands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I voted a 3.

It could well have been higher if the TV director had every seen a race before but sadly he didn't have a clue.
Old 26 Sep 2010, 15:16 (Ref:2764858)   #10
stripedcat
Veteran

stripedcat should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridstripedcat should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I gave it a 7. Great racing action from Webber and Kubica livened it up quite a lot. On a track I'm not that keen on.
Old 26 Sep 2010, 15:40 (Ref:2764880)   #11
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
6 for me, not too bad after all.
Old 26 Sep 2010, 16:45 (Ref:2764932)   #12
Dani Filth
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest
Dani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
i gave it an 8
if Alonso and Vettel were the only ones racing would've been a 7 .. it was like a game of chess between them .. sure there weren't pass attempts .. but they were too close and Alonso made no mistakes

Ciao Marco
Old 26 Sep 2010, 17:40 (Ref:2764992)   #13
Ralf's Girl
Veteran

England
London
Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!
4. Most of it was processional and dull, shoddy direction meant we missed a lot of the incidents of note, and it was about 20 laps too long. By about lap 30 I felt as if it had been going on forever. My life was just ebbing away.
"The more I see of the world, the more am I dissatisfied with it; every day confirms my belief of the inconsistency of all human characters, and of the little dependence which can be placed on the appearance of either merit or sense." -- Elizabeth Bennet, 'Pride & Prejudice'
Old 26 Sep 2010, 17:52 (Ref:2764998)   #14
mattt
Veteran

England
Cambridge
mattt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmattt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The race was so good you can vote "1" twice.

Anyways ill give it a 6 coz it was a reasonable race but it wasn't a classic by any means
Old 26 Sep 2010, 18:01 (Ref:2765000)   #15
Ralf's Girl
Veteran

England
London
Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!
Poll edited so that there is an option for '10', should anybody actually think it deserves it.
"The more I see of the world, the more am I dissatisfied with it; every day confirms my belief of the inconsistency of all human characters, and of the little dependence which can be placed on the appearance of either merit or sense." -- Elizabeth Bennet, 'Pride & Prejudice'
Old 26 Sep 2010, 19:40 (Ref:2765052)   #16
ASCII Man
Veteran

ASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quite a boring race, with some liveliness on occasion.
Also, Heikki turning up the heat next to the pitlane was a warming touch.

So I gave it a 6, not too shabby.
Old 26 Sep 2010, 21:24 (Ref:2765109)   #17
Wims
Veteran

Norway
Wims should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridWims should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I voted 7, might have been a 6. It wasnt great, but it wasnt terrible either. Kubica added some entertainment points to it with his late attack and the safety cars kept alot of the cars fairly close so it was infact possible to overtake
Old 26 Sep 2010, 21:30 (Ref:2765115)   #18
gttouring
Veteran

gttouring should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
7 an average race
long stints of nothing and follow the leader, but Vettel and Alonso kept the heat on and the Charging Kubica made a difference. this is a problem due to the unknown track landmarks and lack of fun corner names... and perhaps too flat a track..
under the bridge and down the straights... the weird chicane? i don't no where much of this is in relation to start finish.
Old 27 Sep 2010, 07:10 (Ref:2765272)   #19
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Dull, processional and one of the least exciting races of the year. I would give it a 4, but have been generous with a 5 thanks to Kubica with his late new tyre charge and Heikki's pitwall barbecue.
Old 27 Sep 2010, 07:57 (Ref:2765290)   #20
AndyS
Veteran

England
N Yorks
AndyS should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Gave it a 7. Although the safety car was the only thing that stopped it being a procession. It kept me entertained, although watching it with my (nearly) 4 year old nephew who got excited simply by the site of a car possible improved my thoughts on it. A new motor sport fan in the making I think!
Old 27 Sep 2010, 10:50 (Ref:2765381)   #21
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Kent+Mojacar Spain, but not always ?
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
I gave it a 7. Although it was a bit prossesional for a start the safety car periods made it better IMHO.
Being a Hammy fan it was a bit of a downer for me after the "incident" also because I was watching it on Spanish TV there was only one driver in the race according to the commentators
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 27 Sep 2010, 11:40 (Ref:2765415)   #22
Grandpa_Rob
Racer

Australia
Oz
Grandpa_Rob should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
8 for me, great racing and some good overtaking back in the field. The Alonso/Vettel duel was riveting and even more so toward the end of the race. Webber, Kubica and the Hulk provided the side shows, pity Hamilton came to grief he had Webbers' measure. The spectacle of F1 under lights really shows the beauty of a Formula One racing car, it's a great venue Singapore.
Old 27 Sep 2010, 11:47 (Ref:2765426)   #23
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grandpa_Rob View Post
8 for me, great racing and some good overtaking back in the field. The Alonso/Vettel duel was riveting and even more so toward the end of the race. Webber, Kubica and the Hulk provided the side shows, pity Hamilton came to grief he had Webbers' measure. The spectacle of F1 under lights really shows the beauty of a Formula One racing car, it's a great venue Singapore.
Looks like it could go after 2012.

http://en.espnf1.com/singapore/motor...ory/29588.html
Old 27 Sep 2010, 12:16 (Ref:2765444)   #24
Ralf's Girl
Veteran

England
London
Yesterday's race felt like it was going on until 2012...
Old 27 Sep 2010, 12:41 (Ref:2765464)   #25
Grandpa_Rob
Racer

Australia
Oz
Grandpa_Rob should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjohnsonsmith View Post

Surely the revenue gained from tourism and hospitality alone would be enough of a reason to have such an annual event in any city. Anyway would be sad to see it go if it happens, thanks for the heads up.