Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

View Poll Results: What score do you give it?
10 0 0%
9 0 0%
8 1 3.13%
7 1 3.13%
6 9 28.13%
5 9 28.13%
4 4 12.50%
3 6 18.75%
2 0 0%
1 2 6.25%
Voters: 32. You may not vote on this poll

Old 23 Oct 2016, 20:42 (Ref:3682312)   #1
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Rate the Grand Prix: United States Grand Prix 2016

What score do you give it?
Old 23 Oct 2016, 21:38 (Ref:3682324)   #2
TheMightyM
Veteran

TheMightyM has a real shot at the podium!TheMightyM has a real shot at the podium!TheMightyM has a real shot at the podium!TheMightyM has a real shot at the podium!
I gave it a 4. There were moments of farce to break up the boredom…
Old 23 Oct 2016, 22:06 (Ref:3682329)   #3
ECW Dan Selby
Veteran

England
Essex, England
ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!
Generous 6.

If it weren't for Fernando and the circuit being pretty cool (so badly needs a small layer of gravel on the outside of turns, though), it would have been a 4 or 5.

Unimpressed with no challenge for the lead, as well as Kvyat's lack of attempt to defend any move, plus the free pit stop for Rosberg killing any chance of a battle, and further edging away from any sort of title showdown in Abu Dhabi.

Selby
Old 23 Oct 2016, 22:27 (Ref:3682334)   #4
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
It's a great track, shame it was a rather dull race. I'd like to see IndyCar race there. 3.
Old 24 Oct 2016, 04:36 (Ref:3682392)   #5
dsg
Veteran

Thailand
Chonburi
dsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Not one for the ages. 5
Old 24 Oct 2016, 05:21 (Ref:3682396)   #6
Neil22
Veteran

United States
Nor Cal
Neil22 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
6, after the start it sort of petered out all together.
Old 24 Oct 2016, 08:36 (Ref:3682414)   #7
Moneyseeker
Veteran

Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!
10 laps too long IMO and what about track limits, why were they not enforced at this GP?
Old 24 Oct 2016, 10:54 (Ref:3682445)   #8
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Not the greatest of races so it only gets a 3 from me
Old 24 Oct 2016, 11:53 (Ref:3682456)   #9
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
5.5, not a lot of excitement, but at least overtaking is possible, which lead to a bit of close racing at times and a bit of drama in this race too
Old 24 Oct 2016, 12:40 (Ref:3682466)   #10
stripedcat
Veteran

stripedcat should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridstripedcat should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Hmmm, a 5 - only just. I love the track - one of the few decent modern ones - it sort of reminds me a bit of a rollercoaster ride, the way it goes up and down. Last year's race was probably the best of the season - this year's was a bit dull. A shame, as we have had some decent ones there(Lewis versus Vettel, Lewis versus Nico and Lewis versus in the wet). There were a few battles further down the field with Alonso and Sainz - but not that impressed with no battle for the lead. It was okay - but nothing special.
Old 24 Oct 2016, 12:58 (Ref:3682475)   #11
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Certainly lacked tension but not a bad race...really just another race that was a typical outing for this long and boring season. 5.
Old 24 Oct 2016, 13:50 (Ref:3682485)   #12
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by stripedcat View Post
Hmmm, a 5 - only just. I love the track - one of the few decent modern ones - it sort of reminds me a bit of a rollercoaster ride, the way it goes up and down. Last year's race was probably the best of the season - this year's was a bit dull. A shame, as we have had some decent ones there(Lewis versus Vettel, Lewis versus Nico and Lewis versus in the wet). There were a few battles further down the field with Alonso and Sainz - but not that impressed with no battle for the lead. It was okay - but nothing special.
The main problem is after attending the race, the Mercedes is so completly dominant it just leaves the rest of the field in the dust !!
Old 24 Oct 2016, 15:05 (Ref:3682495)   #13
Lancsbreaker
Veteran

England
Padiham, Lancashire
Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!
I appear to have been generous.......I like the circuit - although I agree that the lack of track limits does lead to the drivers making their own circuit up, and doing some moves they'd never do if it had Canadian-type walls there - and of course Lewis was effectively unchallenged in the lead.

Nevertheless there was a fair amount of action throughout the field, and some varied strategy calls to shake things up a bit, and I enjoyed it. Pity about the VSC - robbed us of a potential Ricciardo / Rosberg battle, I think.

The more I think of it I should probably have only given it 6
Old 24 Oct 2016, 15:15 (Ref:3682497)   #14
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancsbreaker View Post
...they'd never do if it had Canadian-type walls there
you want to know how to 'make F1 great again'?

build a huge wall and make the track owners pay for it!
Old 24 Oct 2016, 17:07 (Ref:3682528)   #15
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by chillibowl View Post
you want to know how to 'make F1 great again'?

build a huge wall and make the track owners pay for it!
A wall out of Safer Barrier, like at Indy?
Old 24 Oct 2016, 22:27 (Ref:3682591)   #16
Mekola
Veteran

Kiribati
Atlantis
Mekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
5. Quite dull...
Old 25 Oct 2016, 17:50 (Ref:3682802)   #17
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Even the highlights were rather dull. 4, upped to 5 for Fernando.