Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Clubmans Rallycross Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Other Motorsports > Rallying & Rallycross

Old 18 Mar 2010, 12:48 (Ref:2654824)   #1
Stephen H
Veteran

England
East Sussex
Stephen H should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridStephen H should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridStephen H should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Mallory 28th March

There is a thread on the marshal forum that this has been cancelled?
Old 18 Mar 2010, 12:55 (Ref:2654828)   #2
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
The RxOC website is saying it's postponed due to problems with the condition of the circuit.
Old 18 Mar 2010, 15:02 (Ref:2654925)   #3
Hickey
Veteran

United Kingdom
London
Hickey should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
so it wasnt just low entries causing the winter series' cancellation... i am sure we will see everyone rushing to apologise to LHMC.

This is sad news though, has the potential to be a great track, and needs events to help teach the organisers how to improve it. Hope they get it sorted soon.
Old 18 Mar 2010, 20:41 (Ref:2655119)   #4
rich_cooper
Racer

United Kingdom
Nottinghamshire
rich_cooper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I was at mallory only 2 weeks ago and the rallycross track looked the best its ever been. The gravel looked nice and smooth, massive shame i was really looking forward to it!!!
Old 19 Mar 2010, 08:14 (Ref:2655387)   #5
Citroen Manic
Rookie

Citroen Manic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Quote:
Originally Posted by rich_cooper View Post
I was at mallory only 2 weeks ago and the rallycross track looked the best its ever been. The gravel looked nice and smooth, massive shame i was really looking forward to it!!!

Very similar to last October in fact, and we all know what happened on that occasion, very upsetting.
Old 19 Mar 2010, 12:20 (Ref:2655516)   #6
GM!
Rookie

United Kingdom
Yorkshire
GM! should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Very upsetting indeed, with lots of disappointed people out there - we were all looking forward to the event, especially after the long and miserable winter we've had. However, with the best interests of the drivers in mind, the correct decision has been made. Every driver I've spoken to in the last couple of months has commented on how rough it was last year. It might look exciting from a spector point of view but drivers were seriously concerned for their cars.

So we move onwards and upwards. the Fuchs Lubricants 2010 Rallycross Open Championship will now kick off at Nutts Corner on April 24th and 25th - can't wait. Meanwhile the PSM Motorsport team are in the process of drawing up a revised championship calendar which, I think, look pretty good given the circumstances. I understand its posting on the web site is imminent.

Last edited by GM!; 19 Mar 2010 at 12:22. Reason: My spell checker can't spell Nutts!
Old 19 Mar 2010, 14:37 (Ref:2655640)   #7
leonidas
Veteran

England
Coventry
leonidas should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridleonidas should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I am sure this was the right decision in the circumstances but it is very disappointing indeed.

Rallycross was supposed to be a winter sport - yet once again the whole winter programme has been wiped out. Have we forgotten how to prepare tracks in the winter months? Let's not hear the old chestnut that we've had 'extreme weather' - Britain gets the same wet, icy weather every winter just like much of the rest of northern Europe. You have to prepare for it. Irish rallycross seems to cope just fine.

Maybe we should head to France and take up ice racing in the winter instead!
Old 19 Mar 2010, 14:45 (Ref:2655648)   #8
Hickey
Veteran

United Kingdom
London
Hickey should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by leonidas View Post
Rallycross was supposed to be a winter sport - yet once again the whole winter programme has been wiped out. Have we forgotten how to prepare tracks in the winter months? Let's not hear the old chestnut that we've had 'extreme weather' - Britain gets the same wet, icy weather every winter just like much of the rest of northern Europe. You have to prepare for it. Irish rallycross seems to cope just fine.
Whilst it annoys me that so many failings in England are blamed on the weather, I think this year was exceptional cold, the likes of which, for such a prolonged period of time, and with such heavy snowfall have cetainly not been seen for a long while (maybe since the other recession in the 1990s, see a pattern?!). Hopefully they will take what they have learnt this year and put it into practice if we get the same weather next year.

In other news, have you seen that LHMC have tried to appeal to ROC competitors and get them to race at Lydden in April in their recent email. Cheeky, but cunning. The more the merrier!
Old 19 Mar 2010, 15:16 (Ref:2655676)   #9
CS1
Racer

CS1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
[QUOTE=Hickey;2655648]Whilst it annoys me that so many failings in England are blamed on the weather, I think this year was exceptional cold, the likes of which, for such a prolonged period of time, and with such heavy snowfall have cetainly not been seen for a long while (maybe since the other recession in the 1990s, see a pattern?!). Hopefully they will take what they have learnt this year and put it into practice if we get the same weather next year.QUOTE]

It hasnt anything to do with the weather. I was down there for the bike meeting a couple of weeks ago and they havent done anything with the track whatsoever and clearly have no intention to!!
Old 19 Mar 2010, 17:36 (Ref:2655802)   #10
Audi S1
Racer

Audi S1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hickey View Post
In other news, have you seen that LHMC have tried to appeal to ROC competitors and get them to race at Lydden in April in their recent email. Cheeky, but cunning. The more the merrier!
What you mean?
What was in the e mail?
Old 19 Mar 2010, 18:25 (Ref:2655868)   #11
GM!
Rookie

United Kingdom
Yorkshire
GM! should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well spotted CS1
Old 20 Mar 2010, 20:18 (Ref:2656788)   #12
205munchkin
Rookie

United Kingdom
London
205munchkin should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
[QUOTE=CS1;2655676]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hickey View Post
Whilst it annoys me that so many failings in England are blamed on the weather, I think this year was exceptional cold, the likes of which, for such a prolonged period of time, and with such heavy snowfall have cetainly not been seen for a long while (maybe since the other recession in the 1990s, see a pattern?!). Hopefully they will take what they have learnt this year and put it into practice if we get the same weather next year.QUOTE]

It hasnt anything to do with the weather. I was down there for the bike meeting a couple of weeks ago and they havent done anything with the track whatsoever and clearly have no intention to!!
Depends whos is sorting the circuit repairs doesnt it!
Old 20 Mar 2010, 21:06 (Ref:2656816)   #13
westfieldbend
Veteran

westfieldbend should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by 205munchkin View Post
Depends whos is sorting the circuit repairs doesnt it!
Wasn't the circuit first built with assistance from 'people in the know' Aka Liam Doran? And if its now going to be used for open series.....
Old 21 Mar 2010, 08:19 (Ref:2657072)   #14
Citroen Manic
Rookie

Citroen Manic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by westfieldbend View Post
Wasn't the circuit first built with assistance from 'people in the know' Aka Liam Doran? And if its now going to be used for open series.....

It is not going to be used for the Open Championship as the loose has been made with the wrong materials, it cant be sorted because of this, therefore the decision was made so as not to destroy competitors cars.
Old 21 Mar 2010, 08:27 (Ref:2657076)   #15
MESHGA
Racer

MESHGA should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Citroen Manic View Post
It is not going to be used for the Open Championship as the loose has been made with the wrong materials, it cant be sorted because of this, therefore the decision was made so as not to destroy competitors cars.
I think ive said before on here that you cant just remove the turf and lay down some road plannings ,its move complex than that.
I would love to get a go at sorting it out but?
Old 21 Mar 2010, 22:38 (Ref:2657492)   #16
pugspeed
Rookie

United Kingdom
pugspeed should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
British Rallycross Championship / BTRDA 2010 Dates
Rnd 1 - Lydden Hill, April 5th

Rnd 2 - Knockhill, April 25th

Rnd 3 - Blyton, June 12th (Night Race)

Rnd 4 - Maasmechlen, July 11th

Rnd 5 - Mallory Park, August 8th

Rnd 6 - Lydden Hill, August 30th

Rnd 7 - Mallory Park, September 12th

Rnd 8 - Pembrey, October 10th

You can race at Mallory & Blyton in this Championship and there are classes that also fit in with the Open Series classes i.e Procar 1600 and Revivals so if you want to "race" at Mallory this is when you can.

Old 21 Mar 2010, 22:59 (Ref:2657511)   #17
leonidas
Veteran

England
Coventry
leonidas should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridleonidas should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Citroen Manic View Post
Huh? Sorry but if everyone knew about the track last Autumn why wasn't it sorted by the following season? I'm not having a dig, just wondering what the problem is. I take it the British championship rounds are still going ahead?

Any track can be sorted if you do a proper drainage, foundation and regrading job on it.
Old 21 Mar 2010, 23:56 (Ref:2657538)   #18
Audi S1
Racer

Audi S1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
BTRDA dates are slightly different than BRC and have an extra round:

Rnd 1 - Lydden Hill, March 6th
Rnd 2 - Lydden Hill, April 4th and 5th
Rnd 3 - Knockhill, April 25th
Rnd 4 - Blyton, May 9th
Rnd 5 - Blyton, June 12th (Night Race)

Rnd 6 - Mallory Park, August 8th
Rnd 7 - Lydden Hill, August 30th
Rnd 8 - Mallory Park, September 12th

Rnd 9 - Pembrey, October 10th

Yes all classes are catered for including capacity splits for Super Modified which will definatly help any revivals cars doing events. Pro car 1600/2000 are also catered for as are Juniors and Mini's
Old 23 Mar 2010, 22:16 (Ref:2658918)   #19
Mrfish
Rookie

Mrfish should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hi all, this is my first posting so hello all.

Gutted that Mallory is cancelled this was due to be my first outing for marshalling other that forest stage rally's.

Need to look for something else now