Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Other Motorsports > Hillclimb and Sprint

Old 4 Jun 2007, 09:38 (Ref:1928241)   #26
blackx
Veteran

England
blackx should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Did Mike not set a new closed car record as well in the Puma Gould ??

Sure he did a 28.06
Old 4 Jun 2007, 10:05 (Ref:1928278)   #27
Sonic rescue
Rookie

Ireland
West Mids
Sonic rescue should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by webbo
Can i say a big thankyou to the marshalls, rescue and medics for assisisting in my extraction, due to a spot of poor parking on my part.

Once again, thanks chaps n chapess's

Webbo
Hi Webbo,
I hope you are ok, as I was saying to the guys, 'could you point out webbo to me, so i know who he is, it's nice to put face to name', and you went past and they said 'thats webbo', 'ok' I said, I'll introduce myself to him later, did think it was going to be quite so soon. I also hope that all the drivers that we attented are ok, cars can be meanded, costly yes, but you lot are harder to replace. x x
Old 4 Jun 2007, 11:45 (Ref:1928361)   #28
welshgal_2006
Racer

Wales
Cardiff
welshgal_2006 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackx
Did Mike not set a new closed car record as well in the Puma Gould ??

Sure he did a 28.06
I think he did.
Old 4 Jun 2007, 12:46 (Ref:1928421)   #29
Woolley
Race Official
Veteran

England
Wolverhampton, England
Woolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Yep, I got that one, although it's confusing because it's not the record for the class he runs in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woolley
Closed car outright, Mike Endean 28.06
Gutted that I missed Sue Young out. A brilliant performance taking the record to 25.00 and then 24.75 (I think). I wrote it on the back page, not in the class, and failed to pick it up. Apologies and congratulations to Sue. It was good to see her taking up her rightful place in the Top 12 too. I was also impressed with Oliver Tomlin qualifying well both times. My original information that he hadn't driven Shelsley before was later corrected to 'in that car' (although I'm just as surprised at that) which makes it an even better performance.
Old 4 Jun 2007, 20:48 (Ref:1928777)   #30
Arm
Rookie

Arm should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
My thoughts

I'm always impressed at the detail organisation behind the Shelsley
weekends and never fail to be amazed at the smooth running of the event.

Having spent a day with the Marshalls some weeks previously I appreciate
what they do and I'm sure they had their hands full this weekend. However, despite the inevitable mishaps I hope it was only the cars and not the occupants that were damaged.

You cannot deny its volunteers like these Marshals and the Organising Team that make this venue just that little bit 'special'.

Thanks

Ash Mason
Old 4 Jun 2007, 22:16 (Ref:1928860)   #31
blackx
Veteran

England
blackx should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arm
I'm always impressed at the detail organisation behind the Shelsley
weekends and never fail to be amazed at the smooth running of the event.

Having spent a day with the Marshalls some weeks previously I appreciate
what they do and I'm sure they had their hands full this weekend. However, despite the inevitable mishaps I hope it was only the cars and not the occupants that were damaged.

You cannot deny its volunteers like these Marshals and the Organising Team that make this venue just that little bit 'special'.

Thanks

Ash Mason

It was a busy day on sunday to say the least but I can confirm that only pride and cars were damaged AFAIK...

Dont forget though Ash...

Without the drivers and their cars we would look pretty stupid stood there all day
Old 4 Jun 2007, 23:06 (Ref:1928897)   #32
b1ackcr0w
Veteran

b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!
Exchange of the weekend for me was between two of our better known posters, Rescue Dude arriving at the scene of Webbo in his upturned Dallara.

RD - Oh 'ello Paul, it's John, how are you mate?
Webbo - er... upside down at the minute John.

Congrats to everybody who broke records or PBs. Commiserations to all with damage to sort.

It took something really special to stand out against a background of impressive performances. But I think Roger M got it right, impossible to choose between Scotty & Grover for man of the meeting. I suspect that one will have a special place in the history books as an all time classic encounter.
Old 5 Jun 2007, 00:08 (Ref:1928933)   #33
Woolley
Race Official
Veteran

England
Wolverhampton, England
Woolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I thought that was an incredibly sporting gesture by Roger to say that at the end of the meeting, and I have to say I agree with him as Martin did pip Scott on three out of four runs. I wonder if you could have a joint man-of-meeting since it was the competition between two equally popular men at the top of their game that made it all so exciting.

Welcome to the forum, Ash. You're bit of marshalling in the paddock was noted and appreciated. Once you start, you get hooked! It's days like Sunday that remind us why we enjoy marshalling so much, although we prefer to be a little quieter. I always feel slightly guilty when we send vehicles away with so much damage.

I enjoyed webbo's second comment as he climbed out of the car: "Well, that's taken the 'newness' out of it!"
Old 5 Jun 2007, 06:21 (Ref:1929030)   #34
brayspeed
Rookie

United Kingdom
Hampshire
brayspeed should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
only my second visit to SW and had a great weekend thanks for a good time and all the help with my equipment, heres some footage of mike Endean for you doing his record run inside the Gould Puma

http://www.brayspeed.co.uk/assets/fi...me%20Gould.wmv

Tony
Old 5 Jun 2007, 08:32 (Ref:1929128)   #35
rescue dude
Veteran

England
rescue dude is a back marker
It has to be said that if you weren't at Shelsley for this meeting you missed something very special.
Old 5 Jun 2007, 09:23 (Ref:1929167)   #36
DaveK
Racer

England
Whitchurch
DaveK should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by rescue dude
It has to be said that if you weren't at Shelsley for this meeting you missed something very special.
RD, Thanks for that statement, i really needed to know what i missed , mind you as webbo said 30amp fuses are cheaper than crashing

Dave
Old 5 Jun 2007, 15:54 (Ref:1929459)   #37
rescue dude
Veteran

England
rescue dude is a back marker
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveK
RD, Thanks for that statement, i really needed to know what i missed , mind you as webbo said 30amp fuses are cheaper than crashing

Dave

Sorry Dave but it is true.

Hope you sort out your car.
Old 5 Jun 2007, 18:06 (Ref:1929572)   #38
webbo
Racer

England
Down South
webbo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveK
mind you as webbo said 30amp fuses are cheaper than crashing

Dave
Getting more and more true by the day.........

I'm in the hands of Dallara & delivery company now, if the wishbones arrive on Thursday as promised then we will be good to go, otherwisewe may have a problem.

On a better note, the front wing i picked up today is in bare carbon, not pale blue as i first thought.......so no colour clash.
Old 5 Jun 2007, 19:03 (Ref:1929605)   #39
Tim Hull
Racer

Tim Hull should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Great in car footage. My nephew cant get enough of it
Old 5 Jun 2007, 20:20 (Ref:1929651)   #40
Sonic rescue
Rookie

Ireland
West Mids
Sonic rescue should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by brayspeed
only my second visit to SW and had a great weekend thanks for a good time and all the help with my equipment, heres some footage of mike Endean for you doing his record run inside the Gould Puma

http://www.brayspeed.co.uk/assets/fi...me%20Gould.wmv

Tony
Wow, I have always wondered what it would be like to go up the track,now I know. You all must have nerves of steel, and good hand to eye co-ordaination, I dont even go that fast when I'm on a blue light run, but that is through the streets. My hats goes of to all drivers it's a true talent. Having the new road at SW cetainly seems to have made a difference judging by all the new records.
Old 5 Jun 2007, 21:47 (Ref:1929715)   #41
A. Mudge
Rookie

Guernsey
Cardiff
A. Mudge should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
WOW

having stood at ESS Approach for two days and having one car over the bank, which may I add I hope both Driver and car are well, and a bonnett of a Caterham fly off in front of me made me realise quite what speed there is in British Hill climbing. It was a fantastic weekend, so many broken records and from my point of view to see the battle between Scott Moran and Martin Groves made thie weekend even more thrilling than I had thought.

One thing that has to be said tho is that I will never be standing at ESS Approach ever again as to me it has to be the scariest post out of all of them????

On a personal note a huge thank you to a few people on the Saturday night who managed to make the weekend even more special than I thought it was going to be -- You know who you are, lol

See you all at Loton?????
Old 5 Jun 2007, 22:45 (Ref:1929757)   #42
Stuart Hill
Veteran

England
Stuart Hill should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridStuart Hill should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by 109E - Guess
One thing that has to be said tho is that I will never be standing at ESS Approach ever again as to me it has to be the scariest post out of all of them????
Don't worry, there are a lot of us ready to stand there and be scared witless!!

There isn't another Post in British Motorsport (that I know of) that leaves one with such a "rush" after a run-off.

Scary; Yes ......................but exciting............ ABSOLUTELY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 5 Jun 2007, 23:30 (Ref:1929782)   #43
Woolley
Race Official
Veteran

England
Wolverhampton, England
It's my favourite spot (I actually chose it last August), but equally I can understand why others don't like it. No worries, my list is marked for future reference - the last thing I want to do is lose a great marshal for the want of a bit of placement. I'm always happy to accomodate someone who says a particular post is not for them.

Loton? Maybe. Depends on how things go with the show on Saturday evening. If the clear up is done we may be able to make it.
Old 6 Jun 2007, 13:32 (Ref:1930273)   #44
welshgal_2006
Racer

Wales
Cardiff
welshgal_2006 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I Will go at Ess Approach next time... I feel i do need to Experince it. It was scary enough the speeds they were doing coming towards us in the finish paddock.
Old 6 Jun 2007, 13:38 (Ref:1930282)   #45
Kitten Kat
Rookie

Kitten Kat should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I will go to Ess Approach too. Really enjoyed it last time I did it!