Home Mobile Forum News Cookbook FaceBook Us T-Shirts etc.: Europe/Worldwide. eBay Motorsport Links Advertising Live Chat  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > North American Racing

Old 8 Apr 2018, 19:29 (Ref:3814157)   #181
Matt
Subscriber
Veteran

United States
Connecticut
Matt has a real shot at the championship!Matt has a real shot at the championship!Matt has a real shot at the championship!Matt has a real shot at the championship!Matt has a real shot at the championship!Matt has a real shot at the championship!
I mean, the headline race doesn't always run last on a race weekend anyway.

For example, PWC's last races of the weekends shared with Indycar are generally after the Indycar race.
Old 8 Apr 2018, 21:32 (Ref:3814211)   #182
chernaudi
Veteran

United States
Mansfield, Ohio
chernaudi has a real shot at the podium!chernaudi has a real shot at the podium!chernaudi has a real shot at the podium!chernaudi has a real shot at the podium!chernaudi has a real shot at the podium!
And I don't know if the practice stopped or has continued, but there used to be races on Sunday after the 12 Hours at least for a few years from about 2000 onwards.
Old 9 Apr 2018, 19:24 (Ref:3814503)   #183
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 has a real shot at the championship!TF110 has a real shot at the championship!TF110 has a real shot at the championship!TF110 has a real shot at the championship!TF110 has a real shot at the championship!
I used "local series", but national is a better term and more of what I was trying to say. I don't care if the WEC goes first or second at Sebring. I just thought it should be as big of a race as IMSA's. Cutting it to 1000miles or 8hrs seems like a big chop for no reason other than not to be as big as the 12 hours. Oh well, at least they'll be racing there, hopefully.
Old 9 Apr 2018, 19:29 (Ref:3814504)   #184
Coach Ep
Veteran

Coach Ep has a real shot at the podium!Coach Ep has a real shot at the podium!Coach Ep has a real shot at the podium!Coach Ep has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by chernaudi View Post
And I don't know if the practice stopped or has continued, but there used to be races on Sunday after the 12 Hours at least for a few years from about 2000 onwards.
I don't recall any of them but haven't been to all since that year. Nothing on Sunday from 2010 onwards anyways.

I remember one year at the Petit ('01 or '02 I think) where PWC had an extra race scheduled (make up for an earlier cancellation during their season) on Sunday - biggest anti-climax on a race track ever, just didn't work, everybody was hangover incl. the workers!
Old 9 Apr 2018, 19:31 (Ref:3814505)   #185
Coach Ep
Veteran

Coach Ep has a real shot at the podium!Coach Ep has a real shot at the podium!Coach Ep has a real shot at the podium!Coach Ep has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akrapovic View Post
IMSA is a National/"local" series, but I don't see why that's an issue. Sebring 12 Hours is an IMSA event. Even if F1 went there (which would be hilarious), it should remain an IMSA event. WEC is tagging onto the IMSA event. And that's just fine.
It certainly begs the question if the future race thread will be shared on both subforums!
Old 9 Apr 2018, 21:12 (Ref:3814527)   #186
Adam43
14th
20KPINAL

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach Ep View Post
It certainly begs the question if the future race thread will be shared on both subforums!

Thank heavens that they kept it as two separate races. We wouldnít have been able to cope.

Whatever the WEC thread will be a good warm up. People can practice their use of smilies and BoP outrage for the main event.