Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 24 Mar 2001, 21:46 (Ref:74220)   #1
Sodemo2
Racer

Sodemo2 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Are they cheaper than last year?

I know that the Brands events you get a free programme though.
Old 24 Mar 2001, 21:57 (Ref:74223)   #2
Carrie
Veteran

Carrie should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCarrie should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I think it's a case of swings and roundabouts, some are cheaper than last year, some are the same. I don't think any have risen. The programmes stopped being free at BHLG circuits a couple of years ago, this year they're £2. It seems that this year offers better value for people booking tickets in advance because then you can get a 2 day pass for the same price as paying on the gate on race day.
In the end when you view it overall, the circuits are making the same or more. For the few prices for race meetings that have gone down when compared to last year, others have gone up.
Old 24 Mar 2001, 22:09 (Ref:74226)   #3
hunttheshunt
Veteran

hunttheshunt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yeah, they're still good value for money, though.
Old 24 Mar 2001, 22:17 (Ref:74228)   #4
redshoes
Veteran

redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!
Last year BHL circuits were £22 for race day, £20 in advance, and £8 for qualifying. This year it's £25 for race day, £15 in advance, £12 for qualifying or £25 in advance for both days.

Silverstone's night race last year was £20 on the gate or £20 in advance with a free grandstand seat. This year it's £25 on the gate or £15 in advance.

Funny thing is, I could have sworn BMP said earlier in the year that there would be no charge for qualifying day, but that's obviously not true.

Maybe we'll get a free radio as compensation
Old 24 Mar 2001, 22:48 (Ref:74238)   #5
Carrie
Veteran

Carrie should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCarrie should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
If you look at the on the gate price for race day and then the two day advance price then I guess they can claim that you're getting qualifying for free. I'm sure some people will be taken in by that
Mr Shunt, your idea of good value and mine are obviously different - it's a bloody expensive hobby as far as I'm concerned. I've said this before, if prices continue to rise then here's one BTCC fan who'll be forced to sit at home and watch on the TV

Last edited by Carrie; 24 Mar 2001 at 22:51.
Old 24 Mar 2001, 23:24 (Ref:74243)   #6
fudge
Rookie

fudge should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Carrie I have to agree with you, when you start taking a family to Btcc meetings it does get expensive. 2 Adults admission, o.k kids normally get in free or for a small charge but when you take into consideration the extras like programmes, grandstand seats, food drinks and other goodies that take the eye you don't get a lot of change from £100 for the day. That includes transport, maybe you don't have to spend on all the frills but why spoil the day? A couple of years ago my family did all but 4 Btcc meetings and it cost a packet,I don't begrudge a single penny but if it does become more expensive I'm sorry but we will have to join you as grandstand watchers.
Old 24 Mar 2001, 23:29 (Ref:74246)   #7
touringlegend
Race Official
Veteran

Panama
touringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Not 100% on this, but I saw somewhere that it was £10 fo 12-16 year olds to get into Knockhill this year, whereas before under 16s were free.
Old 25 Mar 2001, 17:52 (Ref:74381)   #8
Sodemo2
Racer

Sodemo2 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yes Carrie you are correct, i have an Audio sample of Wr West saying and i quote "there will be no charge for qualifying" go figure!
Old 25 Mar 2001, 18:23 (Ref:74387)   #9
Les
Veteran

Kenya
Suffolk,UK
Les should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I've said this all along that qualifying was supposed to be free. Try telling Brands Hatch that!!

The saving grace for me is £25 for 16 hours of fun would be equivalent of £200 if you went to a 16 hours long football match.

I feel sorry for the kids. The boy we take with us (Eddie) is 15 this year so gets in free. Where on earth is he going to find £25 next year?