Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Closed Thread

Old 24 Dec 2017, 08:04 (Ref:3788952)   #3801
gary396
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northallerton
gary396 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridgary396 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The last day on the HSCC Advent Calendar on Facebook appears to show a familiar face!

(With photo credit to FB & HSCC of course).
Attached Thumbnails
Screen Shot 2017-12-24 at 07.58.20.png  
Old 24 Dec 2017, 08:17 (Ref:3788953)   #3802
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Excellent way to sign off for Christmas. And as I'm traveling around for much of today (as are many others) I'll take this opportunity to wish everyone here a very merry and relaxing Christmas or in Gerard's case Joyeux Noel.
Old 24 Dec 2017, 08:28 (Ref:3788954)   #3803
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by gary396 View Post
The last day on the HSCC Advent Calendar on Facebook appears to show a familiar face!

Not seen that photo . Brilliant,note shortened thumb due to miss hap with road spring many years ago . I'm just of to work on my bike to have a tidy up and car shuffle something I enjoy. Merry Christmas everyone and as always thanks for all the support and best wishes over the year . Go steady . 😀
Old 24 Dec 2017, 10:12 (Ref:3788963)   #3804
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Haha Gary you beat me to it. The sentiment on the post were so true. Enjoy your pottering day Iain. And you too, Peter.

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk
Old 24 Dec 2017, 10:44 (Ref:3788966)   #3805
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

grantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Happy Christmas all!

My weekend has involved our heating system which is starting to go temperamental again. I think it has loosened up another lump of crud in the pipes and rads somewhere.

Only last week I mentioned to a neighbour (with the same micro bore piping) how good it had been to get the system filtered. I thought at the time I might be tempting fate.

Friendly plumber has loaned me the chemical filtering system again so I'll connect it all up shortly. Had hoped to be able to leave it until Tuesday or Wednesday but ...

Would much prefer to be car shuffling. I'll be getting some stick for not taking some stuff to the local recycling place as planned for this week.

That it is Christmas and other matters have arisen to disrupt plans is unlikely to be accepted as a good reason for the the change of plan.

C'est la vie.

Have a good one everybody.
Old 24 Dec 2017, 10:49 (Ref:3788968)   #3806
morninggents
Veteran

England
Up north, near York.
morninggents should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Lovely pic of Iain.
Happy christmas to all from a surprisingly mild north England. Was in Scotland yesterday and even mild there too.
Old 24 Dec 2017, 10:52 (Ref:3788969)   #3807
gary396
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northallerton
gary396 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridgary396 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yes - 'Bah Humbug' to everyone!
Old 24 Dec 2017, 11:09 (Ref:3788972)   #3808
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by gary396 View Post

That’s a great pic, but must have been taken years ago......

Happy Christmas, Joyeux Noel, Feliz Navidad, Frohe Weihnachten or whatever it is in your main language, to all tenthers, whether familiar faces or not.

Have a good one and keep safe, please.
Old 24 Dec 2017, 11:14 (Ref:3788974)   #3809
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Just while we are getting bored over Christmas can anyone guess what track the pic is taken from. Its in the UK.
Old 24 Dec 2017, 11:48 (Ref:3788981)   #3810
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by delta View Post
Just while we are getting bored over Christmas can anyone guess what track the pic is taken from. Its in the UK.
It was obviously either very fogg, orheavy snow whan the picture was taken, so I'll say anywhere, it doesn't matter, you can't see anything!
I've done consecutive Sainsburys runs for the last two mornings, so hopefully we will now be able to last the whole 36 hours that the supermarkets are closed.
Merry Christmas everyone, and yes, that does include you too Baub!
Old 24 Dec 2017, 12:41 (Ref:3788987)   #3811
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by VIVA GT View Post
I've done consecutive Sainsburys runs for the last two mornings, so hopefully we will now be able to last the whole 36 hours that the supermarkets are closed.
Human behaviour is amusing at times- from the queue this morning (when I was trying to get past), you’d think the local branch was closing down for a month!
Old 24 Dec 2017, 13:04 (Ref:3788989)   #3812
John Elwin
Veteran

France
Pas de Calais
John Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJohn Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Bell View Post
Human behaviour is amusing at times- from the queue this morning (when I was trying to get past), you’d think the local branch was closing down for a month!

Just think how much busier it would be if everyone wasn't broke, struggling, just managing, etc etc....

I popped into my local Carrefour for some bread & cheese with no problems at all, which I then enjoyed together with some Adnams Beer chutney for lunch!
Old 24 Dec 2017, 13:36 (Ref:3788996)   #3813
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

grantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Elwin View Post
Just think how much busier it would be if everyone wasn't broke, struggling, just managing, etc etc....

I popped into my local Carrefour for some bread & cheese with no problems at all, which I then enjoyed together with some Adnams Beer chutney for lunch!
Bread and cheese?!

You're lucky.

I'm down to half portions of gruel ....
Old 24 Dec 2017, 14:02 (Ref:3788999)   #3814
John Elwin
Veteran

France
Pas de Calais
John Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJohn Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by grantp View Post
Bread and cheese?!

You're lucky.

I'm down to half portions of gruel ....
You should pop round to VIVA's place - sounds like he's got more than enough since he's been to Sainsbury's twice. Could be of course that he's expecting Baub for lunch.
Old 24 Dec 2017, 14:07 (Ref:3789001)   #3815
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
John that's sounds perfect . Bon appetite
Old 24 Dec 2017, 14:23 (Ref:3789004)   #3816
John Elwin
Veteran

France
Pas de Calais
Quote:
John that's sounds perfect . Bon appetite

It was, even though it was blue cheese & not Cornish. The Adnams chutney comes highly recommended (as does their beer!).

A Very Merry Christmas & Happy New Year to one & all on here (and yes... even Baub!).
Old 24 Dec 2017, 14:29 (Ref:3789005)   #3817
John Elwin
Veteran

France
Pas de Calais
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerard C View Post
Peter, you're a true Chef! If you look at the spécialités many regions of France can offer, its worth a gastronomique travel. Well, not of them of course…*Can the wonderful island of Corsica can be included in the compliment, I dunno. By the way, what is exactly Yorkshire pudding? I shouldn't ask because we have two nice Yorkies at home!

Mike, the story about Chapman and Le Mans makes me uncomfortable to say the least. Our local competitors' attitude supported by the organiser has been unfair. The obstinacy of some to use the Panhard flat twin, pathetic and asthmatic under its 750 cc form, can't explain this attitude. At least Rédélé used a 4 cylindre engine which, combined with numerous cars, good and reliable drivers and a very good aerodynamic gave the results he got. Honestly what could a Panhard engine do against a Climax? The best flat twin mods I ever saw was 2 Manx heads on it. But it was almost impossible to keep the crank inside its case!
Gerard, a little anecdote for you regarding Yorkshire Pudding -

The daughter of a friend of mine here has a French boyfriend, & the first time he was treated to an English Sunday roast at her home, he went home & told his mother all about Yorkshire Pudding. She was horrified & told him he must never go there again - she is a dog-lover & someone in the past had evidently rather naughtily told her that Yorkshire Pudding was made from Yorkshire Terriers!

She has now been convinced that is not true & they are all friends.

Joyeux Noel et Bonne Annee!
Old 24 Dec 2017, 15:35 (Ref:3789019)   #3818
morninggents
Veteran

England
Up north, near York.
Quote:
Mallory on a Wednesday?
Old 24 Dec 2017, 15:43 (Ref:3789020)   #3819
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett View Post
in Gerard's case Joyeux Noel.
Thank you, Peter, have a Merry Christmas too.

John, you must know that when we go to certain chinese restaurant here, the boss laughs at our Yorkies and proudly says: "Ho, you brought your dinner with! This kind of dogs in my country we eat them! "
Another weird story about this particular race is that they were used in coal mines with a candle on the head to detect any undesirable gaz. I can't believe it of course.

Have a Merry Christmas all! Love and fun.
Old 24 Dec 2017, 15:54 (Ref:3789021)   #3820
John Elwin
Veteran

France
Pas de Calais
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerard C View Post
Thank you, Peter, have a Merry Christmas too.

John, you must know that when we go to certain chinese restaurant here, the boss laughs at our Yorkies and proudly says: "Ho, you brought your dinner with! This kind of dogs in my country we eat them! "
Another weird story about this particular race is that they were used in coal mines with a candle on the head to detect any undesirable gaz. I can't believe it of course.

Have a Merry Christmas all! Love and fun.
I shall be having Christmas Dinner tomorrow with friends who have two Yorkies.
Old 24 Dec 2017, 16:08 (Ref:3789022)   #3821
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
Quote:
Originally Posted by morninggents View Post
Mallory on a Wednesday?
Nope
Old 24 Dec 2017, 16:25 (Ref:3789025)   #3822
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
So many clues in that photo....

I’m thinking it has to be a regular HSCC circuit, so that narrows it down to one of eight..... or possibly not.

Brands Hatch?
Old 24 Dec 2017, 16:43 (Ref:3789028)   #3823
morninggents
Veteran

England
Up north, near York.
Quote:
Nope
Trying to guess by the very limited clues. Wrist band fairly unusual for HSCC meetings so maybe Silverstone for the Classic? Provided I'm allowed a second guess!
Old 24 Dec 2017, 16:43 (Ref:3789029)   #3824
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Bell View Post
So many clues in that photo....

I’m thinking it has to be a regular HSCC circuit, so that narrows it down to one of eight..... or possibly not.

Brands Hatch?
Nope
Old 24 Dec 2017, 16:45 (Ref:3789030)   #3825
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
Your only allowed one guess even if you are a moderator
Closed Thread