Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 1 Jun 2017, 10:38 (Ref:3737906)   #1
whitemr2
Veteran

Netherlands
Holland
whitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwhitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwhitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Hiking Le Mans Circuit Friday Before the Race

Last year I jogged the circuit on friday morning, which was ircreadably cool to do. This year, because I'm not fit enough to run I plan on walking. Last year I saw there wascl a lot of things to see arround the track. I'm looking for tips on where to stop and look arround.
Old 1 Jun 2017, 14:31 (Ref:3737932)   #2
Truckosaurus
Veteran

England
North Hampshire
Truckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Managed to walk the track from the first chicane to Arnage corner (when we were incepted by the Police) one Weds/Thurs morning.

There's a large memorial on the left hand side of the Mulsanne Straight at one point, sadly I can't recall what or who it was for.

It's just interesting to see the normal businesses and houses that face the track that we all idolise.
Old 1 Jun 2017, 17:10 (Ref:3737967)   #3
vincegail
Veteran

Netherlands
Antwerp, Belgium
vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!
At the hippodrome there's a memorial for the Wright brothers performing the first ever flight in Europe.
Old 1 Jun 2017, 18:56 (Ref:3737983)   #4
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
How easy is it to get there Vince? I've not spoken to James, but we're bound to discuss what to do on the 'day off' (Tuesday). Is there anything else worth investigating inside the circuit over towards the straight?
Old 1 Jun 2017, 19:16 (Ref:3737998)   #5
batmobile
Race Official
Veteran

France
le mans
batmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Truckosaurus View Post
Managed to walk the track from the first chicane to Arnage corner (when we were incepted by the Police) one Weds/Thurs morning.

There's a large memorial on the left hand side of the Mulsanne Straight at one point, sadly I can't recall what or who it was for.

It's just interesting to see the normal businesses and houses that face the track that we all idolise.
I know one between Mulsanne corner and Arnage corner and it is in memory of canadian soldiers
Old 1 Jun 2017, 19:58 (Ref:3738008)   #6
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I'm running the circuit Friday morning again
Old 1 Jun 2017, 20:11 (Ref:3738009)   #7
vincegail
Veteran

Netherlands
Antwerp, Belgium
vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
How easy is it to get there Vince? I've not spoken to James, but we're bound to discuss what to do on the 'day off' (Tuesday). Is there anything else worth investigating inside the circuit over towards the straight?
It is very easy to get there. There's an entrance way on the Hunaudières straight. Follow that, park at the hippodrome, easy peasy.
Old 1 Jun 2017, 20:49 (Ref:3738014)   #8
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Ta very much
Old 2 Jun 2017, 12:16 (Ref:3738114)   #9
TheMakipaa
Rookie

Finland
London
TheMakipaa should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Oh this sounds very cool! We'll be there (spectating, sadly - would love to be part of a racing team there) and would love to run the track. Thanks for the tip!
Old 4 Jun 2017, 14:13 (Ref:3738615)   #10
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Last time I did this was a Friday and we joined the circuit on the Porsche curves, did our walk until we got round back to the Porsche curve entry again and were denied entry.