Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > North American Racing

Old 4 Nov 2013, 17:48 (Ref:3327096)   #2951
Nick Woodbury
Veteran

United States
New England
Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by deggis View Post
lol yeah. Altough I did think how it looks so familiar with the R18 Ultra but I was only thinking about the colors...
Indeed, when I first saw those fan renderings of the livery I immediately thought Audi R18 as well...specifically Audi Sport North America from 2011.

Old 4 Nov 2013, 22:58 (Ref:3327264)   #2952
Coopz21 x
Rookie

England
South West, UK
Coopz21 x has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pandamasque View Post
Not to mention that it's an Audi R18 in fantasy Porsche colours...
Was just about to post that.. Lol

Is the 25 and 26 confirmed numbers?
Old 4 Nov 2013, 23:11 (Ref:3327271)   #2953
fausto
Veteran

Wales
fausto should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Italian weekly Autosprint published this week has a piece about a renewed Martini-Porsche partnership for WEC and Le Mans...
Old 4 Nov 2013, 23:19 (Ref:3327275)   #2954
CyberMotor
Veteran

United States
CyberMotor has a real shot at the podium!CyberMotor has a real shot at the podium!CyberMotor has a real shot at the podium!CyberMotor has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by fausto View Post
Italian weekly Autosprint published this week has a piece about a renewed Martini-Porsche partnership for WEC and Le Mans...
I would say this has the potential to be huge news!
Old 4 Nov 2013, 23:35 (Ref:3327283)   #2955
Bandicoot17
Veteran

United Kingdom
Birmingham
Bandicoot17 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Is the article online?
Old 4 Nov 2013, 23:38 (Ref:3327286)   #2956
Gingers4Justice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Highbury, London
Gingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
If that were true, I'd go out and buy a bottle of Martini to celebrate!

And then pour it down the sink to avoid having to consume it.
Old 4 Nov 2013, 23:38 (Ref:3327287)   #2957
Salamus
Veteran

Canada
Ontario
Salamus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSalamus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSalamus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSalamus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coopz21 x View Post
Is the 25 and 26 confirmed numbers?
Nope. And those are "LMP2 numbers".
Old 5 Nov 2013, 01:16 (Ref:3327328)   #2958
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gingers4Justice View Post

Old 5 Nov 2013, 01:32 (Ref:3327331)   #2959
Beetle
Veteran

United States
Texas
Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!
Wow, talk about a blast from the past! A renewed Martini-Porsche program for next year would be epic!

You might as well revive the Silk Cut Jaguar and Dell BMW for the 2014 LMP1 field.
Old 5 Nov 2013, 02:03 (Ref:3327337)   #2960
chernaudi
Veteran

United States
Mansfield, Ohio
chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!
Problem is that tobacco sponsorship is restricted in EU countries, and both tobacco and alcohol sponsorship is heavily restricted in France. I don't know where that would leave Martini & Rossi for LM aside from off the car.
Old 5 Nov 2013, 06:04 (Ref:3327374)   #2961
Lagunaseca_4life
Veteran

United States
Central Valley CA
Lagunaseca_4life should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLagunaseca_4life should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I was thinking the same thing.unless they run the livery wit no martini name on it.like highcroft ran the patron livery but with miles to end malaria in place of the patron name.at this point it's too good to be true and refuse to believe it.
Old 5 Nov 2013, 07:21 (Ref:3327383)   #2962
deggis
Veteran

Finland
deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!
There are ways. Consult Scuderia (Marlboro) Ferrari.
Old 5 Nov 2013, 07:24 (Ref:3327384)   #2963
deggis
Veteran

Finland
deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bandicoot17 View Post
Is the article online?
Can't see here: http://autosprint.corrieredellosport.it/
Old 5 Nov 2013, 08:32 (Ref:3327401)   #2964
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
If they did go with Martini it would be a good insight into how much they value the WEC as a whole. Despite not being able to run it at their biggest race.

They've been stickering up 918s with Martini decals in the last year or so which I find interesting. We've also had the guest Supercup car in Martini livery a couple of times this year too.

Old 5 Nov 2013, 08:35 (Ref:3327403)   #2965
deggis
Veteran

Finland
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simmi View Post
We've also had the guest Supercup car in Martini livery a couple of times this year too.
Yes: http://www.martiniracing.com

(In before confusion: this website is not new)
Old 5 Nov 2013, 09:29 (Ref:3327410)   #2966
wewantourdarbyback
Veteran

United Kingdom
Surrey
wewantourdarbyback should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridwewantourdarbyback should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:

Surely the Punto would be invited along as a special guest? Or put on display with other past Martini racers.
Old 5 Nov 2013, 10:45 (Ref:3327444)   #2967
Gingers4Justice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Highbury, London
Gingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by wewantourdarbyback View Post
Surely the Punto would be invited along as a special guest? Or put on display with other past Martini racers.
To be perfectly honest, I'm not sure anyone at Martini has noted my Fiat. I wasn't contacted for their 150th Anniversary celebrations at Goodwood.

I can confirm, however, that if this story turns out to be true then Martini Panda will return to La Sarthe next year.
Old 5 Nov 2013, 10:49 (Ref:3327447)   #2968
wewantourdarbyback
Veteran

United Kingdom
Surrey
wewantourdarbyback should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridwewantourdarbyback should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Not sure why I wrote Punto then
Old 5 Nov 2013, 10:57 (Ref:3327450)   #2969
Gingers4Justice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Highbury, London
I knew what you meant, and actually I was flattered that you thought my Panda was a Punto.
Old 5 Nov 2013, 12:51 (Ref:3327497)   #2970
Gingers4Justice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Highbury, London
The cynic in me says that this article is just a cry for hits, but I'll humour it anyway and share it with you.

I absolutely would not say no to this!

http://autosprint.corrieredellosport...osprint/11483/

Old 5 Nov 2013, 12:55 (Ref:3327499)   #2971
vincegail
Veteran

Netherlands
Antwerp, Belgium
vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!
I think it looks very nice!

Too bad that Betteridge's law of headlines states that any headline which ends in a question mark can be answered by the word 'no' and therefore Gingers4Justice is probably right in his cynicism.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Betteri...w_of_headlines
Old 5 Nov 2013, 13:15 (Ref:3327505)   #2972
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
The cynic in me says that this article is just a cry for hits, but I'll humour it anyway and share it with you.

I absolutely would not say no to this!

http://autosprint.corrieredellosport...osprint/11483/

I'm with you cynics on this. Creating an article like this is 'web hits 101' for sportscar fans.

That said it would be a beautiful thing if two of these turned up at Silverstone in April.
Old 5 Nov 2013, 16:22 (Ref:3327563)   #2973
deggis
Veteran

Finland
Google translate:

"So we imagined the combination of painting with the typical red-blue Martini future Lmp1 German ."

"It's a secret negotiation in Stuttgart that are carrying out"

I think if this was a real scoop, there would no need for that fantasy render.
Old 5 Nov 2013, 16:28 (Ref:3327567)   #2974
deggis
Veteran

Finland
Render felt familiar... Autohedbo did Gulf couple of months ago:

http://tentenths.com/forum/showpost....postcount=2588

What's next, Rothmans?
Old 5 Nov 2013, 16:29 (Ref:3327569)   #2975
Gingers4Justice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Highbury, London
Quote:
Originally Posted by deggis View Post
Render felt familiar... Autohedbo did Gulf couple of months ago:

http://tentenths.com/forum/showpost....postcount=2588

What's next, Rothmans?
I've heard Derek Bell is in line for a seat...