Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 13 Apr 2009, 11:04 (Ref:2439732)   #1
bstrat
Rookie

Australia
Belgrave
bstrat should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Australian Manufacturers Championship.

Hi everyone. I have been looking around and it looks like there is not a thread on the Australian Manufacturers Championship. I think its a great category and I just wanted to dedicate a thread to it. Whats everyones thoughts about this season? Should be good.
Old 13 Apr 2009, 11:25 (Ref:2439741)   #2
profi
Racer

Australia
Melbourne
profi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Will hyundai debut the new genesis coupe in the future?
Old 13 Apr 2009, 20:55 (Ref:2440021)   #3
mildura1963
Racer

Australia
Ex Mildura now in Hamilton NZ
mildura1963 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hopefully a lot of the cars that were at the 12 hour will continue to race in the series..
Old 15 Apr 2009, 03:09 (Ref:2440982)   #4
davo.
Racer

Australia
Sydney
davo. should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
From this weeks Motorsport enews, Alan Heaphey will be entering two Evo X's from the Bathurst 12 hr in the AMC, it seems Rod Salmon and Glyn Crimp will be steering them.

Alan wants more manufacturers to get involved and so do i .
Old 15 Apr 2009, 04:19 (Ref:2440996)   #5
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Makes sense to put the 2 slower drivers (and yes I know they are the cars' owners..) so as not to get a parity adjustment for the 12 hour next season
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House
Old 15 Apr 2009, 08:23 (Ref:2441096)   #6
davo.
Racer

Australia
Sydney
Other entries for Shannons Nationals at Wakefield include,

4 x Evo's (Salmon & Crimp) + unknown
2005 Sti - Lee Castle
2008 Sti - Jim Hunter
BMW 335 - Gary Holt
Mazda 3 MPS - Jake Camilleri
Toyota Celica - Colin Osborne

Plus the update states that Class B is dominated by Aussie V8's as well as 20 cars across seven manufacturers
Old 15 Apr 2009, 13:26 (Ref:2441364)   #7
davo.
Racer

Australia
Sydney
I mean class A is dominated by Aussie V8's, oops
Old 17 Apr 2009, 06:20 (Ref:2442761)   #8
Bulldog
Rookie

Australia
Gold Coast
Bulldog should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
Makes sense to put the 2 slower drivers (and yes I know they are the cars' owners..) so as not to get a parity adjustment for the 12 hour next season
LOL! Certainly not a silly idea!....

Should be an interesting series this season, word is there is a fairly strong entry for the Turbo AWD's and V8 brigade, certainly what the series was lacking last year....
Old 17 Apr 2009, 06:36 (Ref:2442764)   #9
racer69
Veteran

Australia
Sydney, Australia
racer69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridracer69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldog View Post
LOL! Certainly not a silly idea!....
The only silly idea being the fact there is parity adjustments in production car racing!
Old 17 Apr 2009, 07:12 (Ref:2442781)   #10
DAVID PATERSON
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Qld, Australia
DAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by racer69 View Post
The only silly idea being the fact there is parity adjustments in production car racing!
Hear! Hear! Parity adjustments completely miss the whole point of production car racing.
Old 17 Apr 2009, 23:58 (Ref:2443435)   #11
Bulldog
Rookie

Australia
Gold Coast
Bulldog should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by racer69 View Post
I also completely agree. And in fact, I believe there is no allowance for parity adjustments in Prod Car Racing, and has not been for the last few years.....

Simply means that if you are 100% serious about winning, and you can afford it, you would be crazy to enter anything other than an EVO... But some teams can't afford it or seem to remain loyal to other brands, so good on them for getting out there and having a go!

After all, diversity of makes and models is what makes a "Production Car Race" entertaining! I would rather see that than another "One Make Cup", or "EVO" Championship!
Old 18 Apr 2009, 00:22 (Ref:2443440)   #12
madman16
Racer

Australia
Brisvegas, Aus
madman16 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldog View Post
After all, diversity of makes and models is what makes a "Production Car Race" entertaining! I would rather see that than another "One Make Cup", or "EVO" Championship!
So true. Just watching 10 evo's run around dismantling the field is not going to grab my attention.

Maybe they just need to be a little smarter when it comes to parity adjustments. Not saying i know the answer but the people in charge are SUPPOSED to be smarter than me
Old 19 Apr 2009, 02:17 (Ref:2444243)   #13
alfacors
Veteran

alfacors should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridalfacors should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
AMC Entry List

Rod Salmon - EVO X
Gary Young - EVO IX
Lee Castle - STi
Michael Brock - EVO IX
Jim Hunter - STi
Glyn Crimp - EVO X
Steve Briffa - VE Clubsport
Garry Holt - 335i
Chris Delfsma - Falcon GT
Tim Sipp - VE Clubsport
Gerard Keogh - VE Clubsport
Bob Brewer - VY GTS
Marty Miller - VZ Clubsport
Allan Shepherd - 130i
TBA - 130i
Jake Cammileri - 3 MPS
Matt McGill - AU XR8
Colin Osborne - Celica
Stuart Jones - Celica
Old 29 Apr 2009, 08:16 (Ref:2452020)   #14
davo.
Racer

Australia
Sydney
I know the next round of the AMC is a while off, but does anyone know of other production cars that will be joining in on the AMC for the remainder of the year?

There are a few cars missing from last years series.

The field numbers were pretty good a Wakefield but it would be good to see more.
Old 29 Apr 2009, 22:07 (Ref:2452467)   #15
nafe!
Racer

nafe! should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by profi View Post
Will hyundai debut the new genesis coupe in the future?
Talking to Hyundai management some of their australian management is very keen to see the car in australia but the unfortunate fact is that the car has not been designed for right hand drive anywhere in the world.

Having gone over the car in the flesh and turned the key they are a brilliant car. It is something so unlike the traditional hyundai image that it was very confusing seeing the hyundai badge on the front.

Plenty of the dealers reckon it wouldnt be that well recieved in australia, but if they convert it to right hand drive at some point i think the australian market has changed its attitude enough that it would be a small success.

Once again its another case of what if for the championship. What if all of the competitors or most of them from the bathurst 12 hour race were to commit to a full season...obviously the championship would be awesome.

I really wish the people who own and run these cars once a year or 2 could see that for things like the amc to flourish it needs them all to participate.

Wakefield was a pretty decent turn out though considering its such a minor round in the eyes of many.
Old 30 Apr 2009, 01:27 (Ref:2452528)   #16
alfacors
Veteran

alfacors should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridalfacors should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It would be great if some of the one off entrants should try and lease their cars out, or do their home state rounds - that alone would give an extra 4-5 cars per round and then having 25-ish on the grid would be a great turnout. Cars like the Conroy's Integras, the Supercar Club FG XR8s, the McLeod Astra Turbo etc

Jim Hunter's STi will be back next round I believe.
Old 30 Apr 2009, 04:26 (Ref:2452559)   #17
Crash Test
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne, Australia
Crash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCrash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Morris's Bank of Queensland sponsored Astra was running at Morgan Park this past weekend gone..
Old 30 Apr 2009, 05:08 (Ref:2452567)   #18
alfacors
Veteran

Preparation run perhaps? Wishful thinking, but it would be nice!
Old 30 Apr 2009, 05:59 (Ref:2452576)   #19
Crash Test
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne, Australia
Crash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCrash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
It was being run by one of the boys from Racer Industries who crashed their regular mount last time out.
Old 30 Apr 2009, 06:29 (Ref:2452587)   #20
davo.
Racer

Australia
Sydney
Yeah i noticed the Astra on Natsoft, they may enter it in the AMC at Morgan Park.

Other cars that could enter the AMC this year include Jeremy Grays FG XR6T, Bob Pearsons Evo X's, the works Hyundai's from last year, am i guessing the financial crisis has put a stop to Hyundai's involvement in motorsport.

I've also noticed a few production cars for sale on my105. Waldon VZ SS, Donut King HSV GTS, Lauren Gray's Echo. I wonder if the Waldons are updating?

Also what happened to Searle & Kelly's BMW 130's, did Alan Sheppard purchase them last year?