Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 10 Jun 2009, 08:02 (Ref:2478950)   #51
Pro Racer
Veteran

Australia
Earth
Pro Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
would be good to see JB having a spin but he didn't do it last year so i can't see him doing it this year and the Ford seats are taken up.
Old 11 Jun 2009, 02:11 (Ref:2479766)   #52
Kingair
Veteran

Kingair should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridKingair should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Back to Bowe-Sheehan Motors young JB, work the phone sell a few cars, but then Doug and Brian would get the first phone bill and they would be depressed!
Old 14 Jun 2009, 22:03 (Ref:2483378)   #53
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
This is a heartfelt description of the issues Mr Bowe has realised and recognised after so many years in the sport

This challenge happens to everyone when they retire... when they have been doing something for so many years, and suddenly... it stops.

Mr Skaife will be going thru the same issues right now, whether he admits it or not, and all may be rosy when the teams keep calling him to take a seat in X or Y. But when the phone stops ringing, as his relevance fades and the Gen Y takes control of the world, he will likely feel as lost to a similar degree.

Mr Brock did... hence his multiple comebacks...

Its a nice description of the inside of a driver's head... some is worth reading, such as this, others not so much!
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House, House
“Trust But Verify” - Commissioner Frank Reagan, Blue Bloods
Old 15 Jun 2009, 03:48 (Ref:2483490)   #54
Pro Racer
Veteran

Australia
Earth
Pro Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
yeah it's great column by John in the Telerap today.
Old 15 Jun 2009, 03:52 (Ref:2483492)   #55
retro
Veteran

Australia
....Qld....
retro should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridretro should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
more here

Quote:

By John Bowe

June 15, 2009 12:00am

I SPENT 23 years living in a bubble. As a professional racing driver, my life revolved around race tracks, sponsors, testing, politics, media relations and then more racing. I loved every second of it. Like a lot of men, particularly athletes, my career was my life. Then came time to retire.

»-(¯`v´¯)-»........................The retro report........................©®»-(¯`v´¯)-» ê¿~

Disclaimer; the above is pure speculation and only posted for entertainment purposes!!!
Old 16 Jun 2009, 00:16 (Ref:2484153)   #56
jd yort
Veteran

Australia
On An Island
jd yort should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Has anyone seen the Carnuts show he did recently? (came with last months Unique cars). The female co-host on that show would drive anyone to depression.

She is absolutely terrible.
Old 4 Jun 2016, 10:11 (Ref:3647083)   #57
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
An Update On ABC-TV's 'Australia Wide' Program
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House, House
“Trust But Verify” - Commissioner Frank Reagan, Blue Bloods
Old 5 Jun 2016, 03:08 (Ref:3647288)   #58
planesgonegabe
Rookie

planesgonegabe should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The ABC interview states that at his retirement JB realized he had been battling depression.
To me that indicates the depression was around prior to his retirement, that leaving V8s wasn't the sole cause.
I've known John since we were kids, not close friends but enough to stop and talk, and there has never been anything obvious that would indicate depression, the Black Dog. Then that's often the way...depression is frequently masked by a happy go lucky nature.
John is a private man in regard to his personal life so I applaud him for being so forthright about this affliction.
It can happen to anyone, at any time, keep your eyes on, and your ears open in regard to your mates, your family...and be ready to stand with them.
Old 7 Jun 2016, 08:40 (Ref:3647887)   #59
Gaz170
Veteran

Australia
Gold Coast, QLD
Gaz170 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridGaz170 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridGaz170 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I remember the telecast for Bathurst 1989, as they spoke to John on the last lap on his way towards the chequered flag, he was asked about the health of the car and he replied something like "those that know me know I'm a bit of a pessimist". Could that have been a sign?
Old 14 Jun 2016, 01:29 (Ref:3649529)   #60
Mixer
Veteran

Mixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaz170 View Post
I remember the telecast for Bathurst 1989, as they spoke to John on the last lap on his way towards the chequered flag, he was asked about the health of the car and he replied something like "those that know me know I'm a bit of a pessimist". Could that have been a sign?
I dunno, anybody driving a Sierra was probably a pessimist!