Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 22 Feb 2012, 02:47 (Ref:3029244)   #101
Jerico
Veteran

New Zealand
Jerico should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Revhead View Post
Im not trying to imply a conspiracy.
Im genuinely asking and interested in knowing where the difference is. 40kg is a huge amount when talking modern body panels
I agree with you it is a lot, that's why Johnny Mac was running up and down pit lane, looking for lead. I am not sure either where it is, but it is there, the scales don't lie, or do they. LOL.
Old 22 Feb 2012, 03:26 (Ref:3029248)   #102
on_to_it
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
on_to_it has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerico View Post
I agree with you it is a lot, that's why Johnny Mac was running up and down pit lane, looking for lead. I am not sure either where it is, but it is there, the scales don't lie, or do they. LOL.
Funnily enough, they do sometimes.

Mark Petch floats around this forum from time to time; he could answer the weight query, or just ring the SuperTourer office and ask.
Old 22 Feb 2012, 03:45 (Ref:3029252)   #103
promax
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
promax has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
"Trial fit of new composite rear quarter panels at AV8 Motorsport."
Old 22 Feb 2012, 08:23 (Ref:3029301)   #104
Jerico
Veteran

New Zealand
I will make it clearer the 40kg was the talk in pit lane and the JM car was the one most talked about. The word was the Fords were lighter than the Holdens and that's no big surprise they are using different panels ect. I would't have expected the two cars to be the exact same weight and in saying that I do know some of the Holdens were using ballast as well. I am not sure the weight that was set for this weekend gone is going to be the set weight for the class from now on? You do have to remember that the cars were not assembled by the same people so things like fasteners ect will be different and that's were weight can be lost and found. Some cars were fitted with cool boxs as well so that's another 10kgs or so. This will get sorted for sure.

And yes the composite quarters are avaliable for the Holdens. Saves about 5kg a side I think. So Holdens have the quarters and the Fords have the bonnets at this stage. No pulling the wool over your eyes Promax.
Old 22 Feb 2012, 09:29 (Ref:3029328)   #105
Pseudonym
Rookie

Pseudonym should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
I will make it clearer the 40kg was the talk in pit lane and the JM car was the one most talked about. The word was the Fords were lighter than the Holdens and that's no big surprise they are using different panels ect. I would't have expected the two cars to be the exact same weight and in saying that I do know some of the Holdens were using ballast as well. I am not sure the weight that was set for this weekend gone is going to be the set weight for the class from now on? You do have to remember that the cars were not assembled by the same people so things like fasteners ect will be different and that's were weight can be lost and found. Some cars were fitted with cool boxs as well so that's another 10kgs or so. This will get sorted for sure.

And yes the composite quarters are avaliable for the Holdens. Saves about 5kg a side I think. So Holdens have the quarters and the Fords have the bonnets at this stage. No pulling the wool over your eyes Promax.
Weight difference is less than 10kg from Holden to Ford. Differences in cool suit systems, amount of fuel on board also contribute.

Ford has composite rear quarters also...
Old 23 Feb 2012, 06:14 (Ref:3029743)   #106
Jerico
Veteran

New Zealand
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pseudonym View Post
Weight difference is less than 10kg from Holden to Ford. Differences in cool suit systems, amount of fuel on board also contribute.

Ford has composite rear quarters also...
I don't know where you are getting your information from? If the weight difference was only 10kg or less over the whole field, then there wouldn't of been so much talk in pit lane. I wasn't working in the tech shed, so I can't tell you the weight spread over the field, maybe you were? The talk was the Fords were lighter and JM was looking around for lead, so I would think he must have been more then 10 kg under weight. The word is that johnny was running extra fuel ballast,which did upset the handling of his car early in the weekend, hence later in the weekend he was then chasing lead in pit lane.
Have the ford composite quarters become available now? I did have a close look at the Fords on the weekend, the ones that I saw were still running the sleel rear quarters, as you could see where they had been flared out, to stop the tyre rub. Not all Holdens were running the composite rear quarters either.
Old 23 Feb 2012, 06:39 (Ref:3029744)   #107
on_to_it
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
on_to_it has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
The word is that johnny was running extra fuel ballast,which did upset the handling of his car early in the weekend, hence later in the weekend he was then chasing lead in pit lane.
Do you think that's that why his car looked rather evil in qualifying?
Old 23 Feb 2012, 07:17 (Ref:3029751)   #108
Pseudonym
Rookie

Pseudonym should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
I don't know where you are getting your information from? If the weight difference was only 10kg or less over the whole field, then there wouldn't of been so much talk in pit lane. I wasn't working in the tech shed, so I can't tell you the weight spread over the field, maybe you were? The talk was the Fords were lighter and JM was looking around for lead, so I would think he must have been more then 10 kg under weight. The word is that johnny was running extra fuel ballast,which did upset the handling of his car early in the weekend, hence later in the weekend he was then chasing lead in pit lane.
Have the ford composite quarters become available now? I did have a close look at the Fords on the weekend, the ones that I saw were still running the sleel rear quarters, as you could see where they had been flared out, to stop the tyre rub. Not all Holdens were running the composite rear quarters either.
Strangely enough, both the JMR cars were ~40kg under, so I heard. I was told the rest of the field was closer to 10kg difference. Read into that what you will, but it was published before the meeting started that there was no minimum weight for the weekend, however uproar from competitors forced a weight to be introduced at the meeting. It could just be coincidence..
Old 23 Feb 2012, 07:44 (Ref:3029755)   #109
Jerico
Veteran

New Zealand
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pseudonym View Post
Strangely enough, both the JMR cars were ~40kg under, so I heard. I was told the rest of the field was closer to 10kg difference. Read into that what you will, but it was published before the meeting started that there was no minimum weight for the weekend, however uproar from competitors forced a weight to be introduced at the meeting. It could just be coincidence..
Coincidence really LoL. When a weight is set they will have to set a front axle weight as well. If that 40kgs is true then that's more then cutting your bolts to length.
Old 23 Feb 2012, 21:35 (Ref:3030092)   #110
Goat Boy
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland
Goat Boy has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Coincidence really LoL. When a weight is set they will have to set a front axle weight as well. If that 40kgs is true then that's more then cutting your bolts to length.
Maybe Johnny Mac will have to start eating more pies!