Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > North American Racing

Old 5 Feb 2015, 01:24 (Ref:3501095)   #1826
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLGTFAN View Post
I wasn't taking a shot at you, or at least wasn't trying to. I can see how you got that impression, so my apologies. My statement was intended for all those who support/defend the rule (duly noted that you don't necessarily do).
Well I also took it as a direct and blatant shot at the actual PARTICIPANT in the series and his thoughts on it. Most of us would allow Mike to make his own reply rather than try to jump in a spout of what we think he thinks. But then maybe I don't find these matters to be so insanely important as to expect a busy guy to reply to a message board warrior.
Old 5 Feb 2015, 02:24 (Ref:3501123)   #1827
FLGTFAN
Racer

United States
Naples, Florida
FLGTFAN has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Actually, I am glad you chimed in, because your opinion and mine, and yes a busy participant, are all equally important - at least that's the whole idea of a public forum.
My post which made you all so upset, was in reply to a question:

"How is this a not a free lap back?"

There were no replies until I pointed it out. Now I'm attacked because I have 180 posts in 10 years.
Old 5 Feb 2015, 13:02 (Ref:3501318)   #1828
Maelochs
Veteran

Maelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Dang, if I had noticed your post count I would have asked a Mod to ban you ... forever.

What I learned from all this is the LDWB is not Always a free lap, though I bet any team which really wants one will make sure to get it. And, I learned that even a driver (heck, we are all stakeholders (i.e. participants, or "steakholders" ("Yeah, hold the steak--i feel like a sandwich or something instead"))) thinks that it is too easy to get laps back.

And that on this board, unlike many others I visit, people can disagree and even get a tad irate and resolve it all as intelligent human beings do. Quite refreshing.
Old 5 Feb 2015, 17:06 (Ref:3501486)   #1829
Mike Hedlund
Veteran

United States
Redwood City, CA
Mike Hedlund has a real shot at the podium!Mike Hedlund has a real shot at the podium!Mike Hedlund has a real shot at the podium!Mike Hedlund has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLGTFAN View Post
I wasn't taking a shot at you, or at least wasn't trying to. I can see how you got that impression, so my apologies. My statement was intended for all those who support/defend the rule (duly noted that you don't necessarily do).
Woops, sorry! Misunderstanding.

-mike
Old 5 Feb 2015, 22:47 (Ref:3501640)   #1830
chernaudi
Veteran

United States
Mansfield, Ohio
chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!
I also have to say that though I'm not in favor of the wave by rules are currently implemented/interpreted by IMSA, this is a minor problem compared to a lot of other issues that they had the past 12 months.

At least for the most part IMSA learned from those mistakes and the series is in a much better place now than a year ago. Is it perfect? Hell no, and it probably will never be, not in no small part due to each of use have a different idea of "perfect".

Of course, opinions are fine, that's why we have this forum. But where the line gets crossed is when people present opinions as fact, especially without supporting evidence, and when people are so closed minded and stubborn that they stick to their guns and notions too much, again as if they're be-all, end-all facts.
Old 5 Feb 2015, 23:30 (Ref:3501670)   #1831
Lanky Turtle
Veteran

Lanky Turtle should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridLanky Turtle should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridLanky Turtle should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridLanky Turtle should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I think the wave by would be ok if the car wasn't allowed to pit under yellow after getting the wave by.
Old 5 Feb 2015, 23:44 (Ref:3501679)   #1832
TRspitfirefan
Veteran

United States
TRspitfirefan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTRspitfirefan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTRspitfirefan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTRspitfirefan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lanky Turtle View Post
I think the wave by would be ok if the car wasn't allowed to pit under yellow after getting the wave by.
Agreed.
It's actually necessary to have the second wave around,(LDWB after pitstops) Otherwise any team who had just completed a pitstop prior to the yellow would be significantly disadvantaged, if their earlier stop had caused them to temporarily fall a lap back of the cars who are yet to pit.
Not allowing teams to pit, following the LDWB would prevent the (hopefully unintended) consequence of easy, near/free laps back. It would also help if IMSA returns to the Lemans style pit procedure, since the longer pitstop duration seems to make it much harder to exploit the wave-by.
Old 6 Feb 2015, 16:59 (Ref:3501982)   #1833
Maelochs
Veteran

Maelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Rationally I expect no changer here as TUSC seems stuck on the biggest possible number of cars on the lead lap at the end, for purely PR purposes. However, given how much they got wrong last season which they seem to have fixed this year, I will not give up hope.

Looking back i;'d have to say TUSC ran a race for 24 hours and really didn't screw up anything. The two driver-time calls were maybe a bit dodgy but not irrational. The rest of it was done well, IMO.

Other people have closer vantage points and inside info i lack, but that's what I saw.
Old 6 Feb 2015, 17:05 (Ref:3501986)   #1834
wdave0
Veteran

United States
NY
wdave0 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridwdave0 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maelochs View Post
Rationally I expect no changer here as TUSC seems stuck on the biggest possible number of cars on the lead lap at the end, for purely PR purposes. However, given how much they got wrong last season which they seem to have fixed this year, I will not give up hope.

Don't forget Mike H's point about keeping the gentleman drivers in with a chance to win. That might be compelling on its own.