Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 1 Mar 2015, 02:41 (Ref:3510204)   #26
Amaroo Park
Veteran

Australia
New South Wales
Amaroo Park should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Be like anything they do in Motorsport half hearted support then leave within a few years.
Old 1 Mar 2015, 03:43 (Ref:3510216)   #27
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House, House
“Trust But Verify” - Commissioner Frank Reagan, Blue Bloods
Old 1 Mar 2015, 11:36 (Ref:3510357)   #28
Amaroo Park
Veteran

Australia
New South Wales
Amaroo Park should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by racer69 View Post
Perhaps a few Dealers might be encouraged to enter some cars?
The only ones that would will be the dealerships Toyota Australia owns
Old 9 Mar 2015, 07:29 (Ref:3513161)   #29
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Register Your Interest Here
Old 9 Mar 2015, 07:59 (Ref:3513164)   #30
Casper
Veteran

Casper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridCasper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Real racing costs real money. $100,000 isn't much, you could spend that a Super Kart if you were serious about winning.
Old 11 Mar 2015, 03:22 (Ref:3513914)   #31
DAVID PATERSON
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Qld, Australia
DAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper View Post
Real racing costs real money. $100,000 isn't much, you could spend that a Super Kart if you were serious about winning.
A full year of State level racing costs less than a quarter of that. OK, so it doesn't have the exposure or profile this series offers, but they have to stop referring to this as grass roots.

There's nothing Grass Roots about a manufacturer supported, high profile, televised National series for brand new cars.
Old 11 Mar 2015, 05:40 (Ref:3513942)   #32
Casper
Veteran

Casper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridCasper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by DAVID PATERSON View Post
A full year of State level racing costs less than a quarter of that. OK, so it doesn't have the exposure or profile this series offers, but they have to stop referring to this as grass roots.

There's nothing Grass Roots about a manufacturer supported, high profile, televised National series for brand new cars.
In a billy cart? An interstate series if anyone is serious costs big money.
Old 11 Mar 2015, 07:36 (Ref:3513962)   #33
DAVID PATERSON
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Qld, Australia
DAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper View Post
In a billy cart? An interstate series if anyone is serious costs big money.
Any interstate series is expensive, much more expensive than State level racing, that's why I offered it as an example.

I think I'm speaking quite clearly here, so I'm not sure why you're having so much trouble understanding what I'm trying to say.
Old 11 Mar 2015, 09:30 (Ref:3514004)   #34
MattV
Racer

Australia
Sydney
MattV should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Perhaps more than slightly OT, but whatever became of Andrej Pavicevic?

He was my favourite Suzuki Swift one make series driver way back in the mid 1990's.
Old 11 Mar 2015, 12:28 (Ref:3514093)   #35
Umai Naa
Veteran

Umai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridUmai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Pretty certain he works at Croydon Autosport/Croydon Racing Developments in Sydney.

Last I heard, they still had the Swift too.
Old 11 Mar 2015, 14:13 (Ref:3514125)   #36
Razor
10-10ths official Trekkie
Veteran

Australia
Behind the wheel
Razor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Well, put the name down. Have to do something to verify the CAMS licence.
Old 29 Mar 2015, 22:59 (Ref:3521648)   #37
aussiemuscle308
Rookie

aussiemuscle308 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by fomoco View Post
Maybe the demographics have changed ...
maybe SUV races?
Old 31 Mar 2015, 06:23 (Ref:3522092)   #38
275 GTB-4
Veteran

Australia
South of Sydney NSW, Australie
275 GTB-4 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid275 GTB-4 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by DAVID PATERSON View Post
Any interstate series is expensive, much more expensive than State level racing, that's why I offered it as an example.

I think I'm speaking quite clearly here, so I'm not sure why you're having so much trouble understanding what I'm trying to say.
But Dave, if you choose to live in a state with lots of sunshine but a cost penalty to compete...who's fault is that?
Old 29 Jan 2016, 02:10 (Ref:3608943)   #39
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Competition Pricing Announced
Old 29 Jan 2016, 04:51 (Ref:3608959)   #40
Alan52
Veteran

Australia
Glenmore Park
Alan52 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAlan52 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
There is a long history of one make series in Australia going back at least 35 years.The only one that produced memorable racing was the 1995 Swift series.Most of the rest have just been cash cows,or attempted cash cows,for the organisers.As the years have gone on the competitor take up has been on a fairly steep downward trajectory.Wasn't one of the conclusions of the CAMS review that there were too many categories?
If there are more than 12 paying competitors on the grid by the final round I will be very surprised.
Old 29 Jan 2016, 05:24 (Ref:3608964)   #41
Mixer
Veteran

Mixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
This at least is factory backed from a few points of view, Bates has clear cred, and the cost looks quite reasonable.

The cars are also sporty, so should be more entertaining than Swifts or Daewoos...
Old 30 Jan 2016, 04:53 (Ref:3609186)   #42
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
Why doesn't Mazda get behind the Mx-5 Cup in this country? It's been quite popular in the States for some time now with plenty of entrants and close racing.
Old 30 Jan 2016, 09:06 (Ref:3609209)   #43
Alan52
Veteran

Australia
Glenmore Park
Alan52 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAlan52 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan52 View Post
There is a long history of one make series in Australia going back at least 35 years.The only one that produced memorable racing was the 1995 Swift series.Most of the rest have just been cash cows,or attempted cash cows,for the organisers.As the years have gone on the competitor take up has been on a fairly steep downward trajectory.Wasn't one of the conclusions of the CAMS review that there were too many categories?
If there are more than 12 paying competitors on the grid by the final round I will be very surprised.
Meant to say the various Porsche series should be excluded from my criticism of one make racing.Neil's Toyotas have forced Aussie Race Cars off the bill at Eastern Creek V8's and Bathurst.Spectators are not the winners here.
Old 30 Jan 2016, 09:08 (Ref:3609210)   #44
Mixer
Veteran

Mixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Meant to say the various Porsche series should be excluded from my criticism of one make racing.Neil's Toyotas have forced Aussie Race Cars off the bill at Eastern Creek V8's and Bathurst.Spectators are not the winners here.
How can you say that when you haven't seen them race?
Old 30 Jan 2016, 10:12 (Ref:3609220)   #45
chavez
Veteran

Australia
The Basin, Victoria
chavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Why exclude the various Porsche series?

There were several seasons of very ordinary Carrera Cup. Didn't they go a while seadon without a lead change in the track?
Old 30 Jan 2016, 15:11 (Ref:3609254)   #46
Starion13
Rookie

Starion13 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well the cars look cool enough, might catch on if there are some quality drivers and good racing. Time will tell I guess. Single class racing is a great leveller in most cases and if someone has some talent it will generally show though eg the Swift series showed some real decent drivers. What develops from it though is another chapter.
Old 30 Jan 2016, 23:41 (Ref:3609600)   #47
Alan52
Veteran

Australia
Glenmore Park
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mixer View Post
Call it a premonition.Get back to me when Neil's Toyotas provide bigger fields and closer,better racing than Aussie Race Cars.
Old 31 Jan 2016, 04:13 (Ref:3609744)   #48
Tourer
Veteran

Australia
Sideways
Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!
In regard to the 86 series replacing ARC at Bathurst & Eastern Creek, it MAY be that the series organiser wanted to mix up the venues a bit year to year.

Like you Alan, I am not convinced that in it's first year the 86 series will deliver to the level of ARC but then it hasn't yet had all those years of development.

On the other hand it MAY deliver to at least some extent so we wait to see.
Old 31 Jan 2016, 04:16 (Ref:3609747)   #49
Mixer
Veteran

I'm willing to give it a chance. I think it has more potential than most of the one-make series we've seen.

Personally the ARC fell into the same bucket as Formula Ford - wild but pretty contrived, with results often being a bit random.
Old 31 Jan 2016, 04:37 (Ref:3609762)   #50
Samwhk
Racer

New Zealand
Samwhk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mixer View Post

I've seen them race here in NZ. They sound awful, are slow, and the racing is "rough". I rate them marginally above the Ssyangyong Utes.