Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > North American Racing

Old 26 Apr 2015, 16:35 (Ref:3530963)   #51
Lagunaseca_4life
Veteran

United States
Central Valley CA
Lagunaseca_4life should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLagunaseca_4life should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Wow johny o' on fire,not his first rodeo know how to get it done.good to see he is ok.
Old 26 Apr 2015, 16:35 (Ref:3530964)   #52
tux
Veteran

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
tux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
The fire made a mess of the Cadillac
Old 26 Apr 2015, 16:51 (Ref:3530968)   #53
Lagunaseca_4life
Veteran

United States
Central Valley CA
Lagunaseca_4life should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLagunaseca_4life should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I guess it was an ok race from the fifteen total minutes I got to watch.look to me like Lewis put a big block on pilgrim there across the line......

Anyways the acuras are looking pretty fast,I didn't think they were going to be able to keep up with the gt3 cars,has there been an special bop for them yet?are they even bop'd yet?
Old 26 Apr 2015, 16:55 (Ref:3530970)   #54
Lagunaseca_4life
Veteran

United States
Central Valley CA
By the way yesterday's winner failed post race inspection and lost all points.three other drivers where fined and lost points too.

http://sportscar365.com/gt/world-cha...ost-race-tech/

Looks like pwc is pulling the same crap as imsa,strips points but not finishing positions...
Old 26 Apr 2015, 17:03 (Ref:3530973)   #55
Mechanic Z
Veteran

United States
Mos Eisley
Mechanic Z should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMechanic Z should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMechanic Z should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMechanic Z should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by tux View Post
Dagys seems less than impressed.
Something worth noting, Dagys seems to have had a running feud with PWC management. Asked him about coverage of PWC on twitter last weekend, and he stated they had "suspended coverage due to issues with series management".
Old 26 Apr 2015, 17:07 (Ref:3530975)   #56
Mechanic Z
Veteran

United States
Mos Eisley
Mechanic Z should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMechanic Z should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMechanic Z should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMechanic Z should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Fantastic dominance by the KPax Flying Lizard Mclarens, and some great battles up and down the field! Great stuff!

Stream issues were frustrating,interestingly apparently wifi was down at the track as well. Perhaps some of the rain Barber had over the past few days caused some trackside issues.

At any rate, a very very good race, cannot wait until my Road America trip in June!
Old 26 Apr 2015, 17:13 (Ref:3530976)   #57
Ginaro Zukovsky
Racer

Ginaro Zukovsky should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mechanic Z View Post
Something worth noting, Dagys seems to have had a running feud with PWC management. Asked him about coverage of PWC on twitter last weekend, and he stated they had "suspended coverage due to issues with series management".
At least link to the tweet: https://twitter.com/johndagys/status/589495218644258817 - clears up the question Dragonspeed had at Long Beach.
Old 26 Apr 2015, 17:15 (Ref:3530977)   #58
Bob Baldwin
Racer

United States
Shelbyville Ky
Bob Baldwin should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Did Dagy's expand on what the ISSUES were ?

I would think that PWC would want to keep the people that cover their series Happy at least !!
Old 26 Apr 2015, 17:23 (Ref:3530978)   #59
TRspitfirefan
Veteran

United States
TRspitfirefan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTRspitfirefan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTRspitfirefan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTRspitfirefan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginaro Zukovsky View Post
At least link to the tweet: https://twitter.com/johndagys/status/589495218644258817 - clears up the question Dragonspeed had at Long Beach.
That does give some perspective regarding SC365s attitude towards PWC of late. They didn't even cover the fantastic GTS races this weekend.(which is a disservice to their readers IMO)
Even if they have good reason to be upset with PWC management, I wish they wouldn't let it affect the news sites coverage of the series.
Old 26 Apr 2015, 17:31 (Ref:3530979)   #60
TRspitfirefan
Veteran

United States
TRspitfirefan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTRspitfirefan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTRspitfirefan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTRspitfirefan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Really good race! The cars in this series are incredible and good clean races on beautiful circuits like this one really showcase them.
That was a scary fire on the #3 Caddy, It was good to see Johnny O exit the car quickly.
With such a fantastic event, it was really a shame that the stream let us down, but that is ha---buffering----rdly a new complaint for us veteran longsuffering internet streamers of spor--buffering---tscar racing and hardly unique to this series.

Bring on Mosport!
Old 26 Apr 2015, 17:35 (Ref:3530980)   #61
Bob Baldwin
Racer

United States
Shelbyville Ky
" That is all we can say Publicly " as per JD SC365 . There has got to be more to this than John wants to admit
Old 26 Apr 2015, 17:59 (Ref:3530982)   #62
jasonjessica09
Veteran

jasonjessica09 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjasonjessica09 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm done with PWC until I hear that there is a race that went FCY free for the while 50 minutes. Agreeing with Dagys on this one. SRO GT3 racing is just fine so I'll stick to that. And of course GT3 coming to TUSC in 2016 is starting to look even better.
Old 26 Apr 2015, 18:04 (Ref:3530983)   #63
Bob Baldwin
Racer

United States
Shelbyville Ky
Can't wait for the TUSC 2016 season to begin

Really How long before PWC gets there sxxt together even Trans Am is looking better now
Old 26 Apr 2015, 21:08 (Ref:3531023)   #64
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
Think the politics are pointless. I enjoy racing, not crying over coverage or cautions. Once the racing is going, its fine. All the extra stuff is out of our hands. I can only hope things are sorted with driving standards and such, then it should be great. I doubt imsa will get it much better.
Old 26 Apr 2015, 21:37 (Ref:3531032)   #65
tux1234
Racer

tux1234 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
anyone know why the nissan was found to be "illegal" after yesterday's race and why thery were allowed to keep the win?
Old 26 Apr 2015, 22:12 (Ref:3531042)   #66
ttdriver2009
Racer

ttdriver2009 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
For the race today, my feed shut off constantly and it just gave up completely after 5 minutes. I guess I'll have to wait for a week or so for them to post it online since I don't get the CBS Sports Network. I guess I'll have to take everyones word that the racing was good.

The Nissan was found illegal for the Saturday race and still kept the win? Isn't that what NASCAR does?
Old 26 Apr 2015, 22:37 (Ref:3531051)   #67
jasonjessica09
Veteran

jasonjessica09 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjasonjessica09 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by TF110 View Post
Think the politics are pointless. I enjoy racing, not crying over coverage or cautions. Once the racing is going, its fine. All the extra stuff is out of our hands. I can only hope things are sorted with driving standards and such, then it should be great. I doubt imsa will get it much better.
The term "politics" is thrown around real lightly nowadays it seems like. In this discussion about racing of course. Also in matters which are really cultural issues rather than political. People who are flat out wrong just use the excuse "politics" more often than not to cover their flaws. I mean this generally speaking. Not directly to your comments which is totally correct (aside from the first sentence).

Their are legit issues that PWC is doing on multiple fronts that is hurting their product. I think it comes down to a fact that they have more food than they can chew so to speak. I think losing some grid numbers is not the worst thing at this point. Sportscar365 seems to have a legit gripe as well. It must be serious because by promoting the PWC they are promoting their site too.

One funny thing getting lost on this that PWC did make one great decision this weekend which was going with the rolling starts.
Old 27 Apr 2015, 00:17 (Ref:3531060)   #68
scudd
Racer

scudd should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The Pirelli website needs improving. And they need to shorten the names, sponsors and cars when writing a review.

Joe blogs of somewhere in America for 25 different sponsors which we will all name driving a car that has to have its full description rather than just say Nissan or Porsche.

So annoying, I couldn't be bothered reading the while thing.
Old 27 Apr 2015, 01:26 (Ref:3531073)   #69
TRspitfirefan
Veteran

United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonjessica09 View Post
I'm done with PWC until I hear that there is a race that went FCY free for the while 50 minutes. Agreeing with Dagys on this one. SRO GT3 racing is just fine so I'll stick to that. And of course GT3 coming to TUSC in 2016 is starting to look even better.
You do realize that the full course caution was caused by a car like spontaneously combusting in a braking zone right?
It wasn't the result of poor driving standards, and certainly wasn't the fault of the series. But I guess if you wish to write off an entire series, simply because one car had a mechanical issue, then that's your decision, I suppose.

From twitter.https://twitter.com/RyanEversley/sta...48234037059586
Old 27 Apr 2015, 01:30 (Ref:3531075)   #70
TRspitfirefan
Veteran

United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by ttdriver2009 View Post

The Nissan was found illegal for the Saturday race and still kept the win? Isn't that what NASCAR does?
Isn't that what pretty much every series does?
I'm not sure I agree with it either, but I think that the reasoning has to do with press releases having already gone out etc.
Old 27 Apr 2015, 01:40 (Ref:3531076)   #71
TRspitfirefan
Veteran

United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by TF110 View Post
I thoroughly enjoyed the race today, my only complaint was the problem with the stream, and I still maintain that we are fortunate to have live streaming available at all. It's even free! Many other sports car series no longer offer this service for their fans.
Old 27 Apr 2015, 01:44 (Ref:3531077)   #72
MoMedic9019
Veteran

United States
Wauwatosa, WI
MoMedic9019 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMoMedic9019 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMoMedic9019 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Baldwin View Post
Did Dagy's expand on what the ISSUES were ?

I would think that PWC would want to keep the people that cover their series Happy at least !!
Other way around. There is a way to be "objective" and then there is just being a "d**k"

After a brushup with MMPR a few years ago after he was told to not release info, and then just did he was essentially shunned in the paddock. Sometimes, it's worth paying attention to the wishes of others.
“We’re trying to close the doors without embarrassing ourselves, the France family and embarrassing (the) Grand American Series,” he said in the deposition. “There is no money. There is no purse. There’s nothing.”
Old 27 Apr 2015, 02:57 (Ref:3531079)   #73
Bob Baldwin
Racer

United States
Shelbyville Ky
I suppose there are 2 sides to every story . If the PR people make a request he should have honored it . With out knowing the facts it is hard to make a judgement call . The media centers are full of PR folks , Communication People etc . Where do you think the so called writers / reporters etc; get 75% of their info from ?
Old 27 Apr 2015, 16:12 (Ref:3531202)   #74
Coach Ep
Veteran

Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRspitfirefan View Post
Quite a dramatic picture!

Did I read somewhere (it could have been on sc365 for that matter!) that it did take minutes to put out the fire? Not saying it would have made a big difference but race series organizers and track officials should really look into having more highly trained and 'authorized-to-respond corner workers' on the spot (in addition to the driving safety teams) to allow a faster response on incidents like this.

And not a clue if the kill switch (would have) worked or could (have) be reached once the car came to a stop. From the pic and story it appears Johnny did not pull that switch (but I'm just guessing on that one). Anyone have more info on this?
Old 27 Apr 2015, 17:02 (Ref:3531224)   #75
canamman
Veteran

United States
canamman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridcanamman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridcanamman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I had a good view of it. When Johnny rolled in the turn 5 gravel trap,
the car looked to be about 30-40% fully involved. He got out and rolled
on the gravel to put out any flames on his suit. I think he made an
attempt to open a door to maybe try and pull a fire ext. system but
it was too involved and hot. Then he looked for the fire crew and they
were in route at which he went and kneeled down while the flames grew
higher and larger. After a few minutes it seemed like, the fire crew got there and put at least 5 or 6 bottles on it. With flames still going,
a water truck got there and they hosed it down. Hope Johnny O is
ok!