Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 17 May 2016, 02:39 (Ref:3642309)   #1
mayhem
Veteran

Aruba
On that Island in LOST.
mayhem should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmayhem should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Triple 8 stretching and bending testing rules?

In between the Funeral notices and Warrugal Greyhounds race form (I kid you not) is a story in today's Telegraph from this forums favorite journo Phelps stating that some Vic teams (I'm sure we don't have to guess too long on which ones) saying that Triple 8 have pulled a swifty in sending Jamie Whinchup down with Dave Cauchi to 'assist' Lee Holdsworth by test driving his CSR mobile around Winton and I quote "secretly collect data".
Old 17 May 2016, 02:44 (Ref:3642311)   #2
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Agent Whincup 'steals' Winton data

Story above.....
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House, House
“Trust But Verify” - Commissioner Frank Reagan, Blue Bloods
Old 17 May 2016, 02:54 (Ref:3642313)   #3
Axeman444
Veteran

Australia
Calling a spade a spade...
Axeman444 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAxeman444 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
As quoted, PRA and DJR did this before, whats the big deal?
Old 17 May 2016, 02:56 (Ref:3642314)   #4
mayhem
Veteran

Aruba
On that Island in LOST.
mayhem should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmayhem should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Blowed if I know, might explain its position in todays paper...
Old 17 May 2016, 03:12 (Ref:3642317)   #5
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Perhaps WP got their knickers in a twist?
Old 17 May 2016, 03:18 (Ref:3642318)   #6
Umai Naa
Veteran

Umai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridUmai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Did the car get the latest and greatest front uprights while Mr Whincup was on board?
Old 17 May 2016, 05:43 (Ref:3642330)   #7
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Team 18 Test Day

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Article
“This front-end is a little bit different to what they (Triple Eight) are running at the moment as they have made changes to their car over the past year.

“They have gone to a different upright which has improved certain aspects of their car. We are just seeing if that can transfer to what we have got at the moment.”
Old 17 May 2016, 05:46 (Ref:3642333)   #8
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
A Helping Hand

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Article
The Preston Hire Commodore is not the same specification as the current Red Bull racers, though Whincup didn’t think it felt that foreign.

“It was surprisingly the same. I expected it to be much different. I feel like we’ve changed so much in the last 12 months, let along two years – but it felt like a Triple Eight car.

“Cauchi and I jumped on a plane, jumped on a helicopter, got to Winton and did three and a half hours with them … from what I hear they went much quicker at the end of the day from our input.
Old 19 May 2016, 01:21 (Ref:3642748)   #9
Mixer
Veteran

Mixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Axeman444 View Post
As quoted, PRA and DJR did this before, whats the big deal?
Exactly, and the "home ground advantage" at Winton is about as good as the home ground advantage at the Paperclip, ie the opposite seems to be true.

Actually come to think of it, FPR had a full time engineer AND driver in a current spec car at DJR with Chaz.
Old 5 Jun 2016, 23:52 (Ref:3647552)   #10
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Lee Holdsworth To Test 888 Commodore At QR

Returning the favour....

Funny how the article calls out that this driver swap is legal under the rules.. wonder who has been reading here
Old 6 Jun 2016, 07:22 (Ref:3647596)   #11
billybanana
Veteran

billybanana should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridbillybanana should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
So the answer to the thread's title is clearly No then.
Old 6 Jun 2016, 07:34 (Ref:3647598)   #12
mayhem
Veteran

Aruba
On that Island in LOST.
The title of the thread was 'lifted' from the Phelps article, and I dare suggest the article on V8Sc site was in reply to that article.
Old 6 Jun 2016, 12:22 (Ref:3647656)   #13
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
peckstar has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
what we do know in hindsight is the "stolen information" didnt help them too much
Old 6 Jun 2016, 18:16 (Ref:3647754)   #14
Mixer
Veteran

Mixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by peckstar View Post
what we do know in hindsight is the "stolen information" didnt help them too much
But it seemed to help Lee a great deal!

Which might actually have been the point of the exercise...