Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > North American Racing

Old 24 Sep 2017, 21:43 (Ref:3769638)   #51
Maelochs
Veteran

Maelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Wow. I have been concentrating on work, suddenly looked up and saw three-wide through Turn Five. Thank you IMSA!
Old 24 Sep 2017, 21:43 (Ref:3769639)   #52
Articus
Veteran

Articus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridArticus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridArticus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Vanthoor got the short straw there....
Old 24 Sep 2017, 21:53 (Ref:3769641)   #53
Articus
Veteran

Articus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridArticus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridArticus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
GTLM off the pitlane!!
Old 24 Sep 2017, 21:54 (Ref:3769642)   #54
Starfish Primer
Veteran

Spain
A Spaniard in Milton Keynes
Starfish Primer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridStarfish Primer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridStarfish Primer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Karam looking for trouble

Vanthoor not amused with the Patron guys. https://twitter.com/VanthoorLaurens/...75546493722624

Last edited by Starfish Primer; 24 Sep 2017 at 22:06.
Old 24 Sep 2017, 22:21 (Ref:3769644)   #55
Maelochs
Veteran

Maelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
By the way ... this is great racing. I don't care if cars were quicker ten years ago. I am watching the Ford descend through the Corkscrew, and I cannot tell nor would I care if it were going .89 mph faster or slower.

Right now the front of the race is tightening up ... GTLM is always crazy good ... I always see bits of great racing in GTD that there simply isn't time for the camera crews to cover.

If I have to work hard to be happy or not work hard and just be happy .... we all have options. Not trying to change anyone's mind.
Old 24 Sep 2017, 23:49 (Ref:3769651)   #56
J Jay
Veteran

United Kingdom
Manchester
J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!
That's a pass. Take a bow, Van der Zande.
Old 24 Sep 2017, 23:49 (Ref:3769652)   #57
Articus
Veteran

Toni Vilander on the move.
Old 24 Sep 2017, 23:51 (Ref:3769653)   #58
Articus
Veteran

GTLM fails to dissapoint!!!
Old 24 Sep 2017, 23:53 (Ref:3769654)   #59
J Jay
Veteran

United Kingdom
Manchester
J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!
A near last-lap pass overall, a drag race to the line in GTLM, and the top 2 (3?) in GTD all on fumes.

It's been a great race all around.
Old 24 Sep 2017, 23:57 (Ref:3769657)   #60
Maelochs
Veteran

Visit FL has been lost for a couple seasons .... they used to actually be contenders .... and the new Ligier seems to be what they have been needing.

And Vander Zande takes the lead with the kind of pass you can show to non-racing fans when you want to explain the appeal.
Old 24 Sep 2017, 23:59 (Ref:3769658)   #61
Articus
Veteran

I think the 3 Corvette has effectively won the drivers championship in GTLM.
Old 25 Sep 2017, 00:08 (Ref:3769660)   #62
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
Good race. Don't think GTD was in jeopardy really. He had a healthy lead he just lifted. No reason to throw it away just in case. That was a good pass by Vdz for the lead. Almost like the 31 didn't think he would try it!
Old 25 Sep 2017, 00:25 (Ref:3769663)   #63
TheMightyM
Veteran

TheMightyM has a real shot at the podium!TheMightyM has a real shot at the podium!TheMightyM has a real shot at the podium!TheMightyM has a real shot at the podium!
Great race. And what a pass by Renger van der Zande for the win!
Old 25 Sep 2017, 02:50 (Ref:3769678)   #64
Purist
Veteran

United States
Wichita, Kansas, USA
Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!
Not quite enough there for Risi to grab it.

Of course, this is precisely what the standard LMP2s needed to show this season, that they could win overall against the DPIs.

I'm hoping, once they get the upgrades that Joest sorts out with Mazda, that the #90 might have another go with the Riley-Multimatic next year, but we'll just have to see.

Good to see some life from the #85 there toward the end.
Old 25 Sep 2017, 03:52 (Ref:3769681)   #65
Dyson Mazda
Veteran

United States
Charlotte, NC
Dyson Mazda should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDyson Mazda should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Purist View Post
Not quite enough there for Risi to grab it.

Of course, this is precisely what the standard LMP2s needed to show this season, that they could win overall against the DPIs.

I'm hoping, once they get the upgrades that Joest sorts out with Mazda, that the #90 might have another go with the Riley-Multimatic next year, but we'll just have to see.

Good to see some life from the #85 there toward the end.
I think the #90 is happy being the factory supported Liger in America
Old 25 Sep 2017, 12:08 (Ref:3769730)   #66
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dyson Mazda View Post
I think the #90 is happy being the factory supported Liger in America
Are they supported in anyway other than getting to lease the car for the season over buying like their Riley collecting dust? It didn't sound like Troy said anything about getting support for the car beyond getting to test it before leasing the chassis. They haven't committed to the car for '18 yet even. I'd say the ESM guys have more support with Ligier doing the bodykit with them and setting up the car before Nissan warmed to the idea.
Old 25 Sep 2017, 16:15 (Ref:3769766)   #67
Purist
Veteran

United States
Wichita, Kansas, USA
Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!
Also, Olivier Pla was driving in the #52, not the #90. Marc and Renger have been in the #90 for the season, whether it was the Ligier or the Riley. At the endurance races, ESM has its lineup bolstered by Bruno Senna.

I know Pla is a de facto works Ligier driver, and I was thinking there was a second. I couldn't recall for sure who it was, but Senna would make sense given what I can tell from the driver listings.
Old 25 Sep 2017, 18:35 (Ref:3769787)   #68
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
HORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Purist View Post
I know Pla is a de facto works Ligier driver, and I was thinking there was a second. I couldn't recall for sure who it was, but Senna would make sense given what I can tell from the driver listings.
Pipo Derani.

L.P.
Old 27 Sep 2017, 14:43 (Ref:3770119)   #69
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I was finally able to watch the race last night and it was terrific!

...I know many have been waiting on this in-depth and technical analysis of the race and I apologize.
Old 27 Sep 2017, 15:33 (Ref:3770133)   #70
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by JHamilton View Post
I was finally able to watch the race last night and it was terrific!

...I know many have been waiting on this in-depth and technical analysis of the race and I apologize.
lol, great, now i can watch it since you've deemed it worth!
Old 4 Oct 2017, 13:17 (Ref:3771769)   #71
RWill2073
Veteran

RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!
I finally got around to watching this race. Was a real good one. Surprised at the fall off from Taylor after the driver change. The helicopter shots were awesome. Kept seeing the track in ways I never have before and it was cool.

Even though I didn't use it, thanks to deggis for the link. I will be watching petit live (or attempting to), so I hope you can post one for it too.
Old 6 Nov 2017, 20:17 (Ref:3779079)   #72
WestCoast
Rookie

Canada
Great White North
WestCoast should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Winner !!
Much cleaner Corkscrew pass for the win than the Zanardi one.