Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 16 Jul 2000, 21:47 (Ref:23547)   #26
kmchow
Veteran

kmchow should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I like the ASTC b/c...

Another reason I like the ASTC is b/c most, if not all the teams are "down to earth" racers. They have day jobs and just do this as their "hobby". I thik that's just so cool. They're not bigtime F1 teams like in the BTCC. Yeah, yeah, Morris is probably the only full time driver.

Hey, what happened to Paul Pickett? I guess he gave up ST? For a while, he kept on saying he was going to return in a Primera or Accord. Ditto for Warren Luff?

He tried to start that one make series a while back.

Old 17 Jul 2000, 03:59 (Ref:23611)   #27
Crash Test
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne, Australia
Crash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCrash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Well the series is still trying to portray themselves as a professional class, and the fact that there are no professionals in is the let down. If the ASTC were a club category, nobody would have a problem with it, and nobody would want it to die. Really it is trying to be something which it is not, which annoys the masses.

Paul Pickett went off and started a Daewoo Lanos series for tiddly little cars that race at club meetings down south.

Warren Luff is the son of the guy who runs the Mitsubishi Mirage series (also down south) and hte thing is rigged in his favour. Ok, he may be the best driver in the field, but he is getting a massive advantage off the start line, something your not supposed to do in a standardised series....and he drives a Puegeot in the GTP Series, Class E.
Old 21 Jul 2000, 12:45 (Ref:24548)   #28
Crash Test
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne, Australia
Crash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCrash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Blimey that was pathetic....it was on TV last night and it was truely sad. Somebody aught to teach Paul which pedal is the loud one. Just going by the engine not from the on board and nohing else, he was not only saving his tyres, but saving fuel...the way he could just carve Henderson up at any point on the race track at any time was just sooo sad...

Also some of the driving standards...ah....well...some people havent learnt a lot since Lakeside....
Old 24 Jul 2000, 12:17 (Ref:25211)   #29
elephino
Veteran

elephino should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridelephino should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I've just watched Lakeside (yeah I know it was ages ago), but you could really hear the difference between races one and two with Morris, revving just that bit more, braking that much later, etc.
Old 24 Jul 2000, 17:22 (Ref:25262)   #30
kmchow
Veteran

kmchow should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
So we are in agreement if we take Paul, David Auger, Peter Hills, Alan Gurr out of the championship, the rest of the drivers will be very equally (untalented) while racing old machinery? Sounds pretty fair and sounds like good racing to me?

And yeah, I am an optimist, a hopelessly in love with ST optimist!! ;-)
Old 24 Jul 2000, 22:49 (Ref:25337)   #31
Crash Test
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne, Australia
A little problem with the lack of talent...it doesnt make for all that exciting racing...people carting each other into the scenery for no apparent reason really isn't that great...plus you take away those who you mentioned....well, umm, a future tourer would win...so much for the Australian SUPER TOURING chmapionship
Old 28 Jul 2000, 15:12 (Ref:26469)   #32
Danielsun
Veteran

Australia
Sydney
Danielsun should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Crash Test
...it doesnt make for all that exciting racing...people carting each other into the scenery for no apparent reason really isn't that great...
Sounds like you could be talking about Grand Prix racing here... Doesn't Schumacher do that?
Old 31 Jul 2000, 11:47 (Ref:27212)   #33
Crash Test
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne, Australia
As of this evenings news Morris is still in hospital, and he will be there until the end of the week with some very deep bruising to the back...he didnt really look too well at all...at least he is still sucking down the oxygen...

The next ASTC meeting will be at Winton in a few weeks...and wow, i know they are terrible circumstances, but it will throw it wide open...almost certainly we will see some new winners..

any picks?
Old 31 Jul 2000, 16:34 (Ref:27274)   #34
Danielsun
Veteran

Australia
Sydney
Morris to return and yet again wipe the floor... Either that, or Mal Rea!!!

Seriously, I've seen the pics and it looked a really nasty one - hope he and Larko are alright now...
Old 2 Aug 2000, 14:00 (Ref:27821)   #35
elephino
Veteran

elephino should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridelephino should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Morris actually has 3 broken vertabrae. He is supposed to be out for 6 weeks, but will probably defie doctors orders and race at Calder.
Old 2 Aug 2000, 15:14 (Ref:27834)   #36
Danielsun
Veteran

Australia
Sydney
I hear that they're both - thankfully - recovering, but as for the ASTC, is there any real need for Morris to risk further damage to himself just so he can extend his Championship lead? Wouldn't surprise me if he did, anyway...
Old 3 Aug 2000, 12:11 (Ref:28038)   #37
elephino
Veteran

I don't think there is too much to worry about with the ASTC as a fair amount of it isn't for a long time.
Old 3 Aug 2000, 12:16 (Ref:28040)   #38
Danielsun
Veteran

Australia
Sydney
As Crash Test remarked in another post, Paul could probably enter - and win (by a lap) - in his wheelchair...