Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 29 Apr 2001, 17:01 (Ref:86693)   #1
neutral
Racer

neutral should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
DC- :"Ron had brain fade!!!!"

I must know say that I am a converted DC fan. While he wont get the same love as Michael, he know has a place in this anti-Ron heart. I must have laughed continuously for 10 mins when I read about this. I could just imagine Ron's reaction after hearing his PR tuned DC accuse him of Brain fade. I do understand that Ron initiated it. But it takes some pretty large balls for a driver to slam a team Boss, let alone RON DENNIS! DC has had to lick Ron's A$$ over the winter just to get a fraction of the love that Mika gets. Know he's thrown it all out the window. Ive just reviewed his chances for this years title to a certain 0! What was DC thinking??? I have a feeling that the next few failures for Mclaren are going to "unluckily" fall on DC.

P.S DC I LOVE YOU. THAT WAS THE BEST COMEBACK I HAVE EVER HEARD!!! BUT BY GEE ARE YOU GOING TO PAY FOR IT!!!
Old 29 Apr 2001, 17:07 (Ref:86699)   #2
Faster
Racer

Faster should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm a, let's say, "DC basher" as a driver, though today I think he drove superbly. But now I'm his biggest fan! Ron Dennis arrogancy would have been put down at some moment, but I never thought it would be Coulthard the one to do it...

Nice one, DC!!!
Old 29 Apr 2001, 17:55 (Ref:86709)   #3
Damon_racer
Rookie

Damon_racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Can't believe what Ron said without knowing the all the facts DC drove a fine race after a bad start, he needs to be in a team that believes in him next year !!!!!!
Old 29 Apr 2001, 18:39 (Ref:86728)   #4
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally posted by Damon_racer
Can't believe what Ron said without knowing the all the facts DC drove a fine race after a bad start, he
Irrespective of your viewpoint on DC. It amazes me that an owner can say such things about the only driver who has got any points of value this year. In his favour Dennis did pull back and suggest his remarks were "premature?"
Old 29 Apr 2001, 19:53 (Ref:86762)   #5
WoodyTJ
Veteran

WoodyTJ should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Just off Autosport:

"McLaren boss Ron Dennis has publicly climbed down after accusing David Coulthard of "brain fade" over his startline stall in Spain.

The Scot’s stall at the start of the formation lap was caused by gremlins in the new launch control system and he was forced to start from the back of the grid - but battled back to finish fifth.

When interviewed, Dennis told the ITV network: <b>"I’m afraid to say I suspect that David had a bit of brain fade on his part."</b>

But when told what Dennis had said, Coulthard fired back: "I think Ron must have suffered a bit of brain fade saying that before he has spoken to me or the engineers."

Later in a team statement, Dennis was quoted as saying: "Based on the initial analysis, we felt that David was responsible for stalling on the dummy grid, but closer scrutiny confirmed that a glitch in the software was at fault.

And he went on to praise the Scot for his battle back into the points after a clash on the opening laps nade him pit for a new nose cone and front wing.

"His recovery from this and the first corner incident gave him two well-deserved points," said Dennis".

In my opinion Ron Dennis was WELL out of place saying David had "Brain Fade" - not very professional. Isn't David higher up the points that Mika? Isn't it about time that the team stood behind David more?

We love you David - you had the best drive of the day - keep up the hard work!
Old 29 Apr 2001, 20:00 (Ref:86766)   #6
DancingMachine
Racer

DancingMachine should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
sure he will pay for it...my words to dc " hey man u better take this opportunity of becoming a world champ some how cuz u arent getting another chance unless u start licking your way back to RON.

neutral. i was bout to post it... nice post anyway.
Old 29 Apr 2001, 20:01 (Ref:86768)   #7
Liz
Veteran

Liz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLiz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Look for DC to do even better from here on - just to show Mr. Brain Fade who is the go-to guy at McLaren.

As the Ralf-supporters at Williams are fond of pointing out, a brilliant drive that ends short of the finish line counts not at all. The man who brought the bacon home today was not Mika.
Old 29 Apr 2001, 20:14 (Ref:86776)   #8
renault110
Rookie

renault110 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

This is the end of Coulthard at McLaren. I can see him replacing Trulli at Jordan.

Excellent drive by DC
Old 29 Apr 2001, 20:16 (Ref:86778)   #9
Liz
Veteran

Liz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLiz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
And being replaced by - YVAN MULLER!

I'd like to hear Ron Dennis accuse HIM of brain fade. He'd better not stand in the pitlane ever again after he did.
Old 29 Apr 2001, 21:27 (Ref:86807)   #10
riusnow
Racer

riusnow should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I don't think either one should have opened their mouths until they found out what happened. This just makes them both look bad. But at least DC did drive a great race to get back up in the field.
Old 29 Apr 2001, 22:11 (Ref:86832)   #11
Carla O
Veteran

Portugal
London, UK
Carla O should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Mr. Arrogant Git Ron dennis should think twice or even four times before he speaks again right after a race!

DC had a great race considering he started in the last place AND had to pit to replace the nose of the car...

Go DC!!!!!

C