Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 16 Feb 2017, 15:22 (Ref:3712634)   #151
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
i am sure you will make it, just like Helen plenty of doubts this time of year but come June, rain or shine you will be there
Old 16 Feb 2017, 15:54 (Ref:3712641)   #152
ATLFalconsFAN
Veteran

United States
Stockton, CA
ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!
Yeah, we're all invited to Helen's Hen Party!
Old 17 Feb 2017, 14:11 (Ref:3712856)   #153
Pilgrimage
Veteran

England
Kent, England
Pilgrimage should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6 View Post
i am sure you will make it, just like Helen plenty of doubts this time of year but come June, *******(!) or shine you will be there
tut tut.
Old 17 Feb 2017, 17:57 (Ref:3712901)   #154
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Darn, I missed that - Simon very nearly incurred a forum infraction there!
Old 17 Feb 2017, 18:37 (Ref:3712909)   #155
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
Darn, I missed that - Simon very nearly incurred a forum infraction there!
Dam caught by the precipitation police, its a fair cop
Old 18 Feb 2017, 08:09 (Ref:3712983)   #156
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Yep, consider yourself on a yellow card!
Old 18 Feb 2017, 16:14 (Ref:3713024)   #157
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
I do predict some rain in June during Le Mans week.

Over my home city back in Romania. While I'm away. I'm taking the sunny weather with me and bringing it to the race.
Old 18 Feb 2017, 20:24 (Ref:3713042)   #158
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
There you see? That's more like it......
Old 9 Mar 2017, 16:50 (Ref:3717547)   #159
racerkeke
Veteran

Canada
The Great Green North
racerkeke should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridracerkeke should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridracerkeke should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridracerkeke should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
If the ACO agrees I will once again be at old poste 61 (zone 16-17). Trying to figure out how we will get bread and other key comestibles with the shut roads and additional sessions on Thursday... Anybody got a bicycle I can borrow?
Old 18 Mar 2017, 19:02 (Ref:3719765)   #160
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
Final piece of the puzzle in place, TGV tickets booked. 302 kph on rail (seen on GPS back in 2015), surely my favorite part of the trip to the race.
Old 20 Mar 2017, 10:19 (Ref:3720131)   #161
valedave
Racer

United Kingdom
valedave should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridvaledave should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridvaledave should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
So after two years of pain watching at home, I'm going this year.

Although lack of holiday means I'm travelling from Germany on Friday afternoon, staying in Strasbourg and then to Le Mans on Saturday – up all night then train back to Strasbourg Sunday evening and onwards on Monday. Kinda old school I guess.

All rail travel booked for 140€ return, pretty decent.
Old 20 Mar 2017, 18:09 (Ref:3720252)   #162
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Nice one Dave!
Old 21 Mar 2017, 15:09 (Ref:3720423)   #163
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by valedave View Post
So after two years of pain watching at home, I'm going this year.

Although lack of holiday means I'm travelling from Germany on Friday afternoon, staying in Strasbourg and then to Le Mans on Saturday – up all night then train back to Strasbourg Sunday evening and onwards on Monday. Kinda old school I guess.

All rail travel booked for 140€ return, pretty decent.
Sounds good. Just do what you've gotta do to be there
Old 13 Apr 2017, 18:41 (Ref:3726183)   #164
Dyson Mazda
Veteran

United States
Charlotte, NC
Dyson Mazda should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDyson Mazda should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Totally in at the last minute.

First 24 hour race at 9 years old, First Lemans at 27
Old 13 Apr 2017, 20:18 (Ref:3726204)   #165
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Good on yer!
Old 13 Apr 2017, 23:13 (Ref:3726236)   #166
Dyson Mazda
Veteran

United States
Charlotte, NC
Dyson Mazda should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDyson Mazda should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
Good on yer!
Mine as well stretch the grad school debt out a bit further
Old 14 Apr 2017, 00:06 (Ref:3726240)   #167
isynge
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dyson Mazda View Post

Last minute? I'm pretty sure it was May 2007 when I decided to push the button on my first - but either way congratulations.

Enjoy the trip, there's something totally magical about the first encounter with the track in the flesh, sights that in subsequent view become mundane are transcendental at first encounter - take the time to relish - it's worth it.
Old 14 Apr 2017, 06:57 (Ref:3726268)   #168
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dyson Mazda View Post

It might not be your last, Le mans is very addictive

Don't forget the saturday meet if you fancy seeing a few friendly faces
Old 10 May 2017, 00:43 (Ref:3732560)   #169
Alex87
Rookie

Argentina
Buenos Aires
Alex87 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Bonjour a tous!

I think is my fifth message in the forum and as it has to be the special one, I confirm that I will be in this edition of Le Mans!

Now I have to arrange everything from Scratch. First things first, I bought the camping "allowance" so I will arrive to Le Sarthe on Monday or Tuesday, it depends on who can help me with a tent o something. I am travelling this month around Europe for the first time and I am following my Idol José MarÃ*a "Pechito" López.

Well having said almost everything, I ask you if you know someone that needs a partner to share costs and so. Of course I will be on Saturday´s meeting

See you in LM 2017!
Old 10 May 2017, 03:41 (Ref:3732566)   #170
ATLFalconsFAN
Veteran

United States
Stockton, CA
ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex87 View Post
Bonjour a tous!

I think is my fifth message in the forum and as it has to be the special one, I confirm that I will be in this edition of Le Mans!

Now I have to arrange everything from Scratch. First things first, I bought the camping "allowance" so I will arrive to Le Sarthe on Monday or Tuesday, it depends on who can help me with a tent o something. I am travelling this month around Europe for the first time and I am following my Idol José MarÃ*a "Pechito" López.

Well having said almost everything, I ask you if you know someone that needs a partner to share costs and so. Of course I will be on Saturday´s meeting

See you in LM 2017!
Glad that you are able to come join us! Will look forward to meeting you on the Saturday if not sooner. I hear Buenos Aires is a wonderful city, maybe you can convince me why I should visit.
Old 10 May 2017, 06:46 (Ref:3732587)   #171
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex87 View Post
Bonjour a tous!

See you in LM 2017!
Welcome to the forum Alex, i am sure someone will be able to help you but you will need to let people know where you are camping and how you are travelling, as for tents etc there is a big Decathlon near the start of mulsanne where cheap tents will be available (early in week at least), and from there you can easily get back to the campsites close to tertre rouge but it is a long way to the other sites. You will love Le Mans
Old 11 May 2017, 12:48 (Ref:3732798)   #172
PhilipR
Racer

Romania
London
PhilipR should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPhilipR should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPhilipR should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Newbie question:

I have grand stand tickets for le mans and I imagine that the stands will be full at the beggining and end of the race. However during the middle of the race, when people start moving around the track, is it possible to access other grand stands, even if you do not have tickets for them?
Old 11 May 2017, 13:08 (Ref:3732800)   #173
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
During the race you can only use the grandstand seat that's listed on your ticket. Maybe at night you can sneak into an empty grandstand if nobody is watching, but otherwise your grandstand ticket gets checked in general.
Old 11 May 2017, 13:16 (Ref:3732804)   #174
PhilipR
Racer

Romania
London
PhilipR should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPhilipR should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPhilipR should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I see, thought they would be a bit lenient when the grand stands are not filled up.
Cheers for the reply.
Old 11 May 2017, 13:17 (Ref:3732805)   #175
Truckosaurus
Veteran

England
North Hampshire
Truckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
However all the stands are open to all during the practice/qualifying sessions earlier in the week.