Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 5 Jun 2011, 07:35 (Ref:2891331)   #1
v8man
Racer

v8man should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Drink Well done Tekno Autosports

Today Jonathon Webb's Tehno Autosport V8 Supercar team officially opens it workshop with an open day and after spending a couple of hours there I must say that for a small team they have done a great job, from a bare shell in January to having a great little workshop for the race team as well as room for Tehno Autosport to work on other cars, JW explained today that at the moment they are only doing Falcons but are planning to expand.
To Jonathon Webb, his father Steve and the rest of the team congratulations and it is good to see Jono getting in and helping by putting drinks in the ice bucket for people to take and walking around talking to anyone and everyone, not just turning up when he had to do so for the planned autograph session.
Jono, I am sure a great day was had by all that attended.
Old 5 Jun 2011, 08:07 (Ref:2891348)   #2
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame

A large shed... that seems to need more race cars in it...
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House
Old 5 Jun 2011, 08:18 (Ref:2891350)   #3
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Old 5 Jun 2011, 09:53 (Ref:2891384)   #4
Micklegend
Veteran

Australia
Canberra
Micklegend should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMicklegend should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
A second car and a competent team mate would see a lot of big things for this team, looks like a very professional presentation (not saying anyone elses is second rate), but it shows what a small team can put together. I also think its a good brand and one of the best looking cars on the grid, simple and very prominent exposure for their major sponsor.
The partnership with Herrod should see them also turn out some decent road machinery, thus for me, taking the V8 theme to the road. I wouldnt be surprised to see this team gather more $$$ from Ford if results improve.
The only things lacking here are a bit more promo of Jono in the media - V8 Extra etc and some good merchandise, which i understand is on the way.

Great job!
Old 5 Jun 2011, 19:40 (Ref:2891673)   #5
yap
Racer

Australia
Gold Coast
yap should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
On my visit there I did see the owner of one of the DJR licenses... someone who has been making noises about getting involved again
Old 5 Jun 2011, 23:07 (Ref:2891816)   #6
Axeman444
Veteran

Australia
Calling a spade a spade...
Axeman444 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAxeman444 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by yap View Post
On my visit there I did see the owner of one of the DJR licenses... someone who has been making noises about getting involved again
Johnson Snr?

Is that Aussie Bernie I see standing next to Webb Jnr?

Certainly some nice looking machinery in the shed. Who's was it?
Old 6 Jun 2011, 00:17 (Ref:2891832)   #7
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Axeman444 View Post
Thought so too. Certainly looks happy..

Can anyone expand on the teams relationship with Herrod?

Looks like a nice facility, I've got a soft spot for these guys, they certainly punch above their weight, good professional approach.
Old 6 Jun 2011, 00:31 (Ref:2891836)   #8
yap
Racer

Australia
Gold Coast
yap should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
He did the "official" opening and gave a bit of a speech, where he said Webb was a "reasonable sort of a businessman"

Mel from Sunrise was there as well
Old 6 Jun 2011, 00:32 (Ref:2891837)   #9
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
Originally Posted by yap View Post
The WFL stickers are on the bootlid... so no reason why Mr Schwerkolt shouldnt be there..
Old 8 Jun 2011, 22:51 (Ref:2893969)   #10
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....

Story Here

So.. is the new Tekno shed really 11,000m2 in size... Based on the pic above, I would say it is 1,100 or so m2...
Old 9 Jun 2011, 09:14 (Ref:2894130)   #11
ForumNick
Veteran

Australia
ForumNick should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post

Story Here

So.. is the new Tekno shed really 11,000m2 in size... Based on the pic above, I would say it is 1,100 or so m2...

What about this pic? Certainly looks bigger than a couple of house blocks (but maybe not as big as 20 blocks?)
Old 9 Jun 2011, 23:49 (Ref:2894833)   #12
Axeman444
Veteran

Australia
Calling a spade a spade...
Axeman444 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAxeman444 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Certainly some nice looking machinery in the shed. Who's was it?
anyone?
Old 10 Jun 2011, 00:19 (Ref:2894845)   #13
Smokey Retirement
Racer

Australia
Pit Lane
Smokey Retirement should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
There was a club display so Id assume general publics, plus possible a few Herrod improved cars to display off the wares of what Tekno is now going to be doing too
Old 10 Jun 2011, 00:41 (Ref:2894854)   #14
michael_a_l
Rookie

michael_a_l should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think Triple F and Tekno should join forces.
Old 10 Jun 2011, 10:36 (Ref:2894999)   #15
Forda
Veteran

Forda should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Looks like a great facility, especially with the Herrod tie-up.

But, to be absolutely realistic, their only real success thus far, has been their sole win under a DJR alliance. Hopefully that won't be the zenith of their V8 careers.

At least they've achieved at least as much - in outright wins - now, as PMM have done in over 10 years of trying.
Old 10 Jun 2011, 12:11 (Ref:2895059)   #16
Woolley
Race Official
Veteran

England
Wolverhampton, England
Woolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by michael_a_l View Post
I think Triple F and Tekno should join forces.
Wouldn't that make 'Triple Fekno'? Possibly not a good idea...