Related Sites: FlagMarshal.com MarshalsGuide.com Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Marshals Forum

Old 13 Apr 2013, 20:53 (Ref:3233618)   #1
Chris Hobson
Veteran

Chris Hobson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Kop Hill 2013

Kop Hillclimb 2013

Kop Hill near Princes Risborough Buckinghamshire, has been a speed hill climb for motorcycles and motorcars since 1910, but was closed in 1925 when a student lost control of his Bugatti and went into the crowd, signalling the end of closed roads racing in this country.

On Saturday, 21st and Sunday, 22nd September 2013 there will be the fifth revival meeting. The event will not be a timed speed hill climb but rather a commemorative run to recall Kop Hill's glorious past. A sort of mini-Goodwood on closed public roads! Last year we had over 14,000 spectators over the two days (10,000 on the Saturday alone) and raised over £50,000 for local charities.

This year we are once again expecting the complete Ecurie Ecosse team with a couple of famous guest drivers, along with a whole host of fascinating machinery.

Our plan is for 350 motorcycles and motorcars taking to the hill over the weekend, (about 200 each day), the majority of which will be Veteran or Vintage that could have taken part in the early days of the run, together with a whole host of vehicles up to 1972 plus a class for modern exotics.

We already have over 300 requests for entries – all with paid entrance fees. We are hoping to get the Napier Railton again from Brooklands – and we have been informed it is now ROAD REGISTERED and may run up the hill! Unfortunately we cannot get the Spitfire flypast this year……………….. instead we have the full Battle of Britain flight – Spitfire, Hurricane and Lancaster on the Sunday – please start praying for good weather!

I am organising all the marshalling and will be acting as Clerk of the Course. I am again looking for a full team to run the event. Details are here:-

http://www.kophillclimb.org.uk/.

It should be a really good weekend - if you can help please contact me as shown below. Please title your e-mail 'Kop Hillclimb' and let me know if you would like to work in the paddock or on the hill. I look forward to a deluge of replies! Those who did the event over the last four years will tell you just how superb it is.
Old 17 Jul 2013, 20:39 (Ref:3278860)   #2
Chris Hobson
Veteran

Chris Hobson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
We have just received confirmation that the Napier Railton from Brooklands is now road registered |(don't ask!) and will be demonstrated on the hill. We will also be having a flypast by the full Battle of Britain memorial flight and are already over subscribed for entries.

I still need some more volunteers, so if you want to join a fantastic event crew please drop me an e-mail as in my previous post.
Old 18 Jul 2013, 13:13 (Ref:3279087)   #3
Clive
Veteran

England
Westcott
Clive should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridClive should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Count me in on this superb event!