Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > NASCAR & Stock Car Racing

Old 17 Feb 2015, 03:56 (Ref:3505667)   #101
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Like last year, Logano is DB regardless of others' actions.

I just watched the Busch Clash. Like last year, plate racing is dreadful and just painful to watch. Waiting for the accidents...

What's different this year? Kurt Busch has a new girlfriend. I am out early on this one, I think.
Old 17 Feb 2015, 10:25 (Ref:3505748)   #102
rustyfan
Veteran

Sweden
rustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Say what you want about plate racin', I'm just glad the 2015 racing season is picking up the pace

What I didn't like seeing, however, is that the aero is still way too good - there's no slipstream whatsoever and without some serious help it's pretty much impossible to grab the lead from someone in a strong car. It's like when Jarrett won the 500 back in 2000 all over again (one of the most boring Daytona 500's, ever - watching paint dry could be considered dangerously exciting in comparison).

That said, I don't expect this year's Daytona 500 to be that bad. The current crop of drivers is more aggressive and more willing to take risks, so I fully expect to see quite a few wrecks that will shake things up a bit.
Old 17 Feb 2015, 11:20 (Ref:3505762)   #103
jimmer
Racer

England
bath somerset
jimmer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by tux View Post

Even Motors wont be showing the Xfinity series.

What a pain this is !!!
Old 21 Feb 2015, 00:07 (Ref:3507224)   #104
Salamus
Veteran

Canada
Ontario
Salamus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSalamus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSalamus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSalamus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
NASCAR suspends Kurt Busch... and Regan Smith will replace him.

I haven't been following this story too much but it looks like there is a restraining order against Busch too. I wonder what SHR does with him now.
Old 21 Feb 2015, 00:27 (Ref:3507232)   #105
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
The judge's ruling makes it sound like Busch was downplaying the level of evidence against him. Not only did the judge issue a protective order, he added "The court is satisfied that the evidence presented at trial established that it is more likely than not that on September 26, 2014, Respondent committed an act of abuse against Petitioner by manually strangling Petitioner with his left hand on her throat while placing his right hand against her chin and face, causing her head to forcefully strike the interior wall of Respondent's motor home, thereby recklessly causing physical injury to Petitioner and recklessly placing Petitioner in reasonable apprehension of physical injury. The Court further finds that Respondent's actions on that occasion constituted conduct that a reasonable person would find threatening or harmful." and has determined he must be evaluated in the near future.

He is getting extra scrutiny, and probably a shorter leash, due the the current atmosphere in sports and his previous lack self-control, but I, and I'm guessing the team, expected this to happen at least for a couple races.
Old 21 Feb 2015, 00:41 (Ref:3507237)   #106
canamman
Veteran

United States
canamman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridcanamman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridcanamman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadrun96 View Post

I'm guessing the team, expected this to happen at least for a couple races.
On one of the race shows they said that SHR had a plan B in place.

Haas may want to consider mothballing the 41 car if Kurt is a no go this year and move the resources over to the F1 team.
Old 21 Feb 2015, 02:30 (Ref:3507251)   #107
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Salamus View Post
NASCAR suspends Kurt Busch... and Regan Smith will replace him.

I haven't been following this story too much but it looks like there is a restraining order against Busch too. I wonder what SHR does with him now.
Too bad Kyle can't get sent packing with him. Curious to know if the same type of suspension was given to Travis Kvapil.

Good for Regan, I guess.
Old 21 Feb 2015, 02:33 (Ref:3507254)   #108
Salamus
Veteran

Canada
Ontario
Salamus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSalamus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSalamus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSalamus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by fieldodreams79 View Post
Curious to know if the same type of suspension was given to Travis Kvapil.
Nope. Kvapil got nothing if I remember correctly.
Old 21 Feb 2015, 02:36 (Ref:3507256)   #109
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Quote:
Nope. Kvapil got nothing if I remember correctly.
Doesn't seem right to me.
Old 21 Feb 2015, 05:08 (Ref:3507271)   #110
Salamus
Veteran

Canada
Ontario
Quote:
Originally Posted by fieldodreams79 View Post
Too bad Kyle can't get sent packing with him.
You (and everyone else on here) will get a kick out of this.
Old 21 Feb 2015, 17:43 (Ref:3507408)   #111
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I still think the obsession with the trained assassin bit is hilarious, did anyone think that really would make her look worse? To me it makes Busch and his guys seem gullible to stupid, and every article has to include it apparently. I'm hoping NASCAR and Fox don't spend the race obsessively mentioning it anytime Regan does anything on the track. Busch is getting the extra focus and NASCAR's hands were pretty much tied by the NFL making a mess of things the last few years. And with a sport so dependent on sponsors anything less than open and 'severe' reaction by NASCAR would be tolerated by any group that wants to protest.

Sadly it sounds like the racing will not overshadow this and as much as it would be nice if they could avoid mentioning it at every chance, it sounds like it's either wrecks or Busch/Danica talk to break up the boredom.
Old 21 Feb 2015, 23:34 (Ref:3507509)   #112
chernaudi
Veteran

United States
Mansfield, Ohio
chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!
NASCAR and GM already parked Kurt, and now it seems that Kyle probably won't be in the 500 tomorrow. Looks like he may've shattered his leg in that accident in the XS race.
Old 22 Feb 2015, 02:22 (Ref:3507539)   #113
Motorsportfreak
Racer

Germany
Motorsportfreak should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Kyle Busch has suffered a compound fracture in his right leg, he is currently undergoing surgery so Halifax medical staff can put in plates and screws. He will be out at least for 6 months.
Old 22 Feb 2015, 04:48 (Ref:3507574)   #114
Salamus
Veteran

Canada
Ontario
NASCAR is using tires to cover the inside walls. It took a shattered leg but at least they are doing something.
Old 22 Feb 2015, 04:59 (Ref:3507578)   #115
Paradise City
Veteran

Bhutan
Dublin
Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!
My, those Busch boys are jinxed.

fod79's pair of voodoo dolls must be working.
Old 22 Feb 2015, 05:24 (Ref:3507582)   #116
gomick
Race Official
Veteran

Australia
Gobur 3719...
gomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Matt Crafton will replace Kyle in the #18...
Old 22 Feb 2015, 05:39 (Ref:3507583)   #117
Reload
Veteran

Australia
Reload should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridReload should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paradise City View Post
My, those Busch boys are jinxed.

fod79's pair of voodoo dolls must be working.
Kurt of his own doing and looked like Kyle caused the wreck, so being solely responsible rather than "jinxed" I would have thought.
Old 22 Feb 2015, 11:34 (Ref:3507631)   #118
Paradise City
Veteran

Bhutan
Dublin
Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reload View Post
Kurt of his own doing and looked like Kyle caused the wreck, so being solely responsible rather than "jinxed" I would have thought.

Yes, my remark about fed79 using the black arts to channel occult forces to sabotage the Busch brothers shouldn't be taken at face value. Just to make that clear in case anyone is confused on this point.
Old 22 Feb 2015, 14:26 (Ref:3507656)   #119
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
I never want anyone to miss a race due to injury. Saying the accident was Kyle's fault is half true, as he was half a victim of the circumstance that is plate racing.

Unfortunate for the Kyle and wish him a speedy recovery, but good for Matt Crafton. Is this his first 500?
Old 22 Feb 2015, 14:44 (Ref:3507661)   #120
Salamus
Veteran

Canada
Ontario
It's his first Cup start
Old 22 Feb 2015, 17:45 (Ref:3507712)   #121
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Quote:
It's his first Cup start
That's hard to believe as long as he's been around.
Old 22 Feb 2015, 18:27 (Ref:3507718)   #122
Maelochs
Veteran

Maelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Am I somehow missing the race thread fro the Daytona 500? I hear it is kind of a big deal in NASCAR circles.
Old 22 Feb 2015, 18:34 (Ref:3507719)   #123
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maelochs View Post
Am I somehow missing the race thread fro the Daytona 500? I hear it is kind of a big deal in NASCAR circles.
http://tentenths.com/forum/showthread.php?t=143631
Old 22 Feb 2015, 18:34 (Ref:3507720)   #124
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maelochs View Post

Are you really "missing" it?
Old 23 Feb 2015, 00:10 (Ref:3507864)   #125
R.Lee
Racer

United States
Flowery Branch, Georgia
R.Lee should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Congratulations to Joey Logano, 2015 Daytona 500 Champion!