Home Mobile Forum News Cookbook FaceBook Us T-Shirts etc.: Europe/Worldwide. eBay Motorsport Links Advertising Live Chat  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today


Silverstone Classic
Calendar: Historic Racing
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
 
28 Jul 2017 to 30 Jul 2017 08:00 to 18:00
*The times shown may change, depending on DST settings
Location: Silverstone Northants UK

The Biggest Classic Festival in the UK. Among many grids it will include a round of the Jaguar Challenge AND a race for HRDC Academy cars.

HMRN have also confirmed the 'RAC TT' race for Pre 63GT cars and U2TC will each have 50 minute races.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12 Aug 2017, 07:51 (Ref:3758957)   #196
356sc
Racer
 
356sc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
United Kingdom
Camberley
Posts: 274
356sc should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Bell View Post
Yes. I see the repeat on ITV4 is 1000hrs this morn. Don't think I'll be in, but would like to watch that race again. Got the impression that one car was involved in a few of the 'contacts', but may be wrong.....
A burgundy coloured car by any chance?
356sc is online now  
__________________
Will Stephens
60s endurance 1965 356sc #49
Mag 7's #60
Quote
Old 12 Aug 2017, 10:59 (Ref:3758967)   #197
Mike Bell
Race Official
Veteran
 
Mike Bell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Posts: 9,330
Mike Bell has a real shot at the podium!Mike Bell has a real shot at the podium!Mike Bell has a real shot at the podium!Mike Bell has a real shot at the podium!
You could be right.....
Mike Bell is offline  
__________________
Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere. (Einstein)
Quote
Old 17 Aug 2017, 14:33 (Ref:3759960)   #198
356sc
Racer
 
356sc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
United Kingdom
Camberley
Posts: 274
356sc should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Mike/Zeff....clearly since you did this at LMC, the car thinks it needs to deploy an air brake at every event!!!

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0455.JPG
Views:	13
Size:	386.1 KB
ID:	50308
356sc is online now  
__________________
Will Stephens
60s endurance 1965 356sc #49
Mag 7's #60
Quote
Old 17 Aug 2017, 14:55 (Ref:3759963)   #199
Mike Bell
Race Official
Veteran
 
Mike Bell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Posts: 9,330
Mike Bell has a real shot at the podium!Mike Bell has a real shot at the podium!Mike Bell has a real shot at the podium!Mike Bell has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by 356sc View Post
Mike/Zeff....clearly since you did this at LMC, the car thinks it needs to deploy an air brake at every event!!!

Attachment 50308
Yes! I think that once again it had been going backwards- at some point previous to the air brake deploying.....
Mike Bell is offline  
__________________
Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere. (Einstein)
Quote
Old 17 Aug 2017, 16:36 (Ref:3759985)   #200
john ruston
The Scarlet Pimpernel
Veteran
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location:
Retired roaming
Posts: 4,363
john ruston should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridjohn ruston should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridjohn ruston should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
It's a second a lap quicker with lid up!
Need to spin it first to get it to open.
Won class,handicap and drum break classes
Not bad and 11 sec a lap quicker than other 356's
Due to change owners in two weeks
Present owner wants a Speedster or Lotus11
john ruston is offline  
Quote
Old 17 Aug 2017, 18:47 (Ref:3760011)   #201
Mike Bell
Race Official
Veteran
 
Mike Bell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Posts: 9,330
Mike Bell has a real shot at the podium!Mike Bell has a real shot at the podium!Mike Bell has a real shot at the podium!Mike Bell has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by john ruston View Post
It's a second a lap quicker with lid up!
Need to spin it first to get it to open.
Won class,handicap and drum break classes
Not bad and 11 sec a lap quicker than other 356's
Due to change owners in two weeks
Present owner wants a Speedster or Lotus11
Nice one John. Hope new owner enjoys the car!

On a different note, I made a comment about driving standards in the Masters Sportscars race several post back, after watching the ITV prog. This is an extract from a long email from Ron Maydon, sent to all Masters competitors today....

"Following the recent incidents at the Silverstone Classic event in the FIA Masters Historic Sports Car race, I felt that I needed to write to all our Members concerning the conduct of drivers and teams both on and off the track, which I felt fell to an unacceptably low level at that event. I feel that the Silverstone incidents were a low ebb in Masters’ otherwise excellent history.

I have asked the permanent FIA Steward, John Naylor, to clamp down on all on-track and off-track incidents from now onwards and a new discipline enforcement regime began at the Nurburgring, which the majority of drivers and preparers racing at that event applauded and welcomed as being overdue."

That's sufficient without going into detail. Glad I wasn't the only one unimpressed!
Mike Bell is offline  
__________________
Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere. (Einstein)
Quote
Old 17 Aug 2017, 19:34 (Ref:3760019)   #202
jcdeleted
Rookie
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 25
jcdeleted should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Bell View Post
Nice one John. Hope new owner enjoys the car!

On a different note, I made a comment about driving standards in the Masters Sportscars race several post back, after watching the ITV prog. This is an extract from a long email from Ron Maydon, sent to all Masters competitors today....

"Following the recent incidents at the Silverstone Classic event in the FIA Masters Historic Sports Car race, I felt that I needed to write to all our Members concerning the conduct of drivers and teams both on and off the track, which I felt fell to an unacceptably low level at that event. I feel that the Silverstone incidents were a low ebb in Masters’ otherwise excellent history.

I have asked the permanent FIA Steward, John Naylor, to clamp down on all on-track and off-track incidents from now onwards and a new discipline enforcement regime began at the Nurburgring, which the majority of drivers and preparers racing at that event applauded and welcomed as being overdue."

That's sufficient without going into detail. Glad I wasn't the only one unimpressed!
Mike

I'm sure that I'm not the only one to be impressed by the calm and reasoned manner that you (and Ron Maydon) have commented on / dealt with this issue. Thank you. Jcdeleted
jcdeleted is online now  
Quote
Old 18 Aug 2017, 07:55 (Ref:3760108)   #203
john ruston
The Scarlet Pimpernel
Veteran
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location:
Retired roaming
Posts: 4,363
john ruston should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridjohn ruston should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridjohn ruston should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Ron Maydon is one of good guys and will sort situation.
I watched race as had a major interest in one of cars that turned into a demolition derby.
The bloke in B8 baffled me who dragged his damaged rear bodywork for three laps before coming into pits then wondering why he wasn't allowed to continue disputes having no rear bodywork.
Enough been said about situation at front
Probably all started when they allowed continuation cars or faked ,reengineered jobs etc
If Ron adopted Patrick Peters CER rules that may stop some of the nonsense.
john ruston is offline  
Quote
Old 18 Aug 2017, 09:49 (Ref:3760123)   #204
zefarelly
Veteran
 
zefarelly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
England
good old Sussex by the sea
Posts: 8,746
zefarelly should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridzefarelly should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridzefarelly should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Gareth copying my tricks eh.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 356sc View Post
Mike/Zeff....clearly since you did this at LMC, the car thinks it needs to deploy an air brake at every event!!!

Attachment 50308
zefarelly is offline  
__________________
Joe Allenby-Byrne
trading as Zefarelly since 1985
Quote
Old 21 Aug 2017, 08:46 (Ref:3760702)   #205
geordiecriag101
Racer
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
United Kingdom
Market Harborough
Posts: 248
geordiecriag101 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Eventually got round to getting my vid from Sundays action at the Classic sorted if anyone interested:

https://youtu.be/l_tf3NZsLEA
geordiecriag101 is offline  
Quote
Reply

Bookmarks




Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
CTCRC Lydden Hill Classic Festival any Classic car clubs want to display? Al Weyman Historic Racing Today 3 5 Mar 2010 09:41
[TV] ESPN classic showing classic British GP (merged) luke Armchair Enthusiast 80 17 Mar 2007 11:37
The Silverstone Classic 17/18 Aug Tony Harman Trackside 82 23 Aug 2002 11:26
When is a classic car not a classic car? Hobson Classic Cars 8 24 Apr 2001 17:25


Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3

All times are GMT. The time now is 16:58.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Original Website Copyright © 1998-2003 Craig Antil. All Rights Reserved.
Ten-Tenths Motorsport Forums Copyright © 2004-2016 Royalridge Computing. All Rights Reserved.