Home Mobile Forum News Cookbook FaceBook Us T-Shirts etc.: Europe/Worldwide. eBay Motorsport Links Advertising Live Chat  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 12 Sep 2017, 10:43 (Ref:3766219)   #931
richard tyzack
Rookie

Wales
Chepstow
richard tyzack should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GBRM View Post
Mike is on Facebook or you could contact Nigel directly, as he would've done all the work for Mike and also for many others:- http://www.nigelreubenracing.com/contact.php
Thanks, I will look him up on Facebook and also give Nigel a call.
Old 12 Sep 2017, 10:52 (Ref:3766221)   #932
richard tyzack
Rookie

Wales
Chepstow
richard tyzack should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
It also depends what size wheels/tyres that you want to run, I believe you can get FIA papers with a standard body, but only run a narrower tyre (6.5") and if you want papers to run wider tyres, (8") ,then you have to use the wider (ugly) body.
Where it gets confusing is the whole period FIA-sanctioned event, as cars ran at FIA events, but the actual race they ran in in period weren't FIA - not confusing...
I saw that Mike Whitaker was running wires at Goodwood which seems a bit strange, I have the car on 7 inch rims at present and don't want to go any wider, my main target is to run the car in competition on European rallies which is what I built the car for, winning a few high profile events, but then my papers were refused as were many others and I will never butcher the car to comply.
Old 12 Sep 2017, 11:06 (Ref:3766225)   #933
GBRM
Veteran

England
GBRM should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Best thing is to speak to Nigel, as I know when I was involved a few years ago it was either narrow body and slim wheels or wide body and wider wheels, but I think they managed to find some historical evidence of Griffs in period with slightly wider wheels, so a compromise was made.
European rallies will be good, not sure how hot and loud it might get in the cockpit though. I have a great picture of my late Dad at the Tholt-y-Will hill climb and it looks great seeing a Griff on the road, sliding around houses!!
Old 12 Sep 2017, 11:30 (Ref:3766230)   #934
Everilda
Rookie

England
Birmingham
Everilda should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
It also depends what size wheels/tyres that you want to run, I believe you can get FIA papers with a standard body, but only run a narrower tyre (6.5") and if you want papers to run wider tyres, (8") ,then you have to use the wider (ugly) body.
Where it gets confusing is the whole period FIA-sanctioned event, as cars ran at FIA events, but the actual race they ran in in period weren't FIA - not confusing...
The Redex Trophy race was a FIA sanctioned International event.

The FIA Calendrier Sportif International for 1965 shows that the Guards International Trophy race at Brands Hatch on 30.8.1965 had two FIA sanctioned events, Sports cars - the main event, The Guards International Trophy and GT cars - The Redex Trophy.

The Redex Trophy was run for GT cars complying with Appendix 'J' (1965) Group 3 to the International Sporting Code.
Old 13 Sep 2017, 06:00 (Ref:3766434)   #935
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
That was a bone of contention with the FIA several years back.They claimed that the actual race the Griff took part in was not FIA sanctioned,despite the Event being titled as such.They claimed the sanctioning was only for the F2 or F3 race or whatever it was.But we did get there eventually!!!!
Also we were using 8.5 inch wheels with on minor arch mods,mainly to the bottom front arch/sill areas.These mods were the same on both cars we won the Spa six hour races.