Home Mobile Forum News Cookbook FaceBook Us T-Shirts etc.: Europe/Worldwide. eBay Motorsport Links Advertising Live Chat  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 1 Oct 2010, 21:34 (Ref:2767934)   #16
Jamesy-18
Veteran
 
Jamesy-18's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
United Kingdom
Derbyshire
Posts: 1,136
Jamesy-18 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Just as a engine supplier? Boring. As a full on team? Great.
Jamesy-18 is offline  
__________________
A touring car and sportscar forum poster. The F1 sub forum is terrible! :P
Quote
Old 2 Oct 2010, 03:58 (Ref:2768024)   #17
Ultimo
Veteran
 
Ultimo's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 629
Ultimo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridUltimo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by E.B View Post
(Cue headline Mark Webber changes name to Red Bull to get contract and team driver preference, so we get the the Red Bull Red Bull..... driven by Red Bull.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rgms320 View Post
I think you went to the well once too often.

(I've been hearing rumors of Porsche's return as an engine supplier for years now. I hope that it comes to fruition this time.)
I think E.B went to the well just enough - that was comical.
Ultimo is offline  
Quote
Old 2 Oct 2010, 08:19 (Ref:2768050)   #18
E.B
Veteran
 
E.B's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Australia
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
Posts: 1,078
E.B should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridE.B should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridE.B should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Re the name of a driver being of interest to a team owner such as Mateschitz, I recall DM confirming that the main reason RB Junior picked up and ran with Scott Speed initially was because of his name being so appropriate and promotable, in relation to being like a fictional Skid Solo type of kids comic hero in motor racing. From my pov it possibly extended his career more than his abilities did.
E.B is online now  
Quote
Old 2 Oct 2010, 10:26 (Ref:2768069)   #19
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran
 
chunterer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location:
Down the end of my road
Posts: 13,026
chunterer has a real shot at the championship!chunterer has a real shot at the championship!chunterer has a real shot at the championship!chunterer has a real shot at the championship!chunterer has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sodemo View Post
It would make more sense to me at least for VAG to enter either VW, Audi or Skoda in F1 with the turbo 4 cylinders coming in soon, and enter Porsche in LMP1 as im not sure that Porsche want to run such small engines, then again, neither do Ferrari, but thats another story.
But Porsche via TAG were the pre-eminent engine builder the last time we had small capacity turbocharge engines in F1. Maybe something appeals to their engineers about such engine packaging?
chunterer is offline  
__________________
'Rait then Bill, back to the big bad world of bent bog rolls.'
Quote
Old 2 Oct 2010, 12:17 (Ref:2768100)   #20
phoenix
Veteran
 
phoenix's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
European Union
Posts: 1,981
phoenix should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridphoenix should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamesy-18 View Post
Just as a engine supplier? Boring. As a full on team? Great.
In the history of the Constructors Championship, there have only been two car manufacturers who have one it - Ferrari and Renault - yet there have been many failures. The failures have in some cases been able to produce good engines but have been unable to produce a winning chassis - among them are Honda, Ford/Jaguar and BMW. Other failures include Alfa Romeo and more recently Toyota, who didn't produce championship winning engines either.

However there have been 10 engine manufacturers that have won - the Porsche Tag being one of them. Four of these championship-winning engine manufacturers no longer exist and four of them - Ferrari, Mercedes, Ford/Cosworth and Renault - are still involved in F1. That only leaves Honda and Porsche who have previously won (in other people's chassis) but are not racing in F1 today.

All things considered, I think Porsche would be wise to become an F1 engine supplier first if they want to be winners. If they built their own car too they may find it takes a long, long time to win, if at all, the constructors championship, which would not be good for their PR.
phoenix is offline  
Quote
Old 2 Oct 2010, 13:01 (Ref:2768112)   #21
Pingguest
Veteran
 
Pingguest's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Netherlands
Haarlem, The Netherlands
Posts: 3,151
Pingguest should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sodemo View Post
It would make more sense to me at least for VAG to enter either VW, Audi or Skoda in F1 with the turbo 4 cylinders coming in soon, and enter Porsche in LMP1 as im not sure that Porsche want to run such small engines, then again, neither do Ferrari, but thats another story.
Ferrari were against the introduction of the GRE and proposed a 1800cc V6 normally-aspirated engine. However, it seems a compromise was found within the Engine Working Group: a 1600cc four-cylinder turbo-engine, with both straight and V-configurations allowed.

With the Volkswagen Group in both Endurance Racing and Formula 1, its very likely that the ACO will adopt the GRE as well. In fact, it was Audi's Ulrich Baretzky to be the first to propose it.
Pingguest is offline  
__________________
'Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines.' - Enzo Ferrari
Quote
Old 2 Oct 2010, 13:31 (Ref:2768116)   #22
manthey
Racer
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 209
manthey should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
you have also to consider the importance-influence of Toto Wolff
it's very likely the merger porsche engine with williamsf1..
he is also a driver manager with mika hakkinen

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toto_Wolff
manthey is offline  
Quote
Old 2 Oct 2010, 19:31 (Ref:2768307)   #23
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran
 
chunterer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location:
Down the end of my road
Posts: 13,026
chunterer has a real shot at the championship!chunterer has a real shot at the championship!chunterer has a real shot at the championship!chunterer has a real shot at the championship!chunterer has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by manthey View Post
you have also to consider the importance-influence of Toto Wolff
it's very likely the merger porsche engine with williamsf1..
he is also a driver manager with mika hakkinen

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toto_Wolff
Crikey, Hakkinen to return as part of the package too?
chunterer is offline  
__________________
'Rait then Bill, back to the big bad world of bent bog rolls.'
Quote
Old 4 Oct 2010, 01:48 (Ref:2768870)   #24
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
Veteran
 
bjohnsonsmith's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
United States
London, England
Posts: 15,161
bjohnsonsmith is going for a new world record!bjohnsonsmith is going for a new world record!bjohnsonsmith is going for a new world record!bjohnsonsmith is going for a new world record!bjohnsonsmith is going for a new world record!bjohnsonsmith is going for a new world record!bjohnsonsmith is going for a new world record!bjohnsonsmith is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan Fielden View Post
Audi F1, With Porsche support, (similar to Fiats support of ferrari), black livery with Lynx as the principle sponsor.

Thats my guess
Lynx, as in the BOderant? Apart from the UK and Ireland it's known as AXE everywhere else. Or do you mean Lynx couriers?
bjohnsonsmith is online now  
__________________
"If you're not winning you're not trying."
Colin Chapman.
Quote
Old 4 Oct 2010, 02:53 (Ref:2768880)   #25
J.C.
Racer
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
United States
Sleepy Hollow, New York
Posts: 105
J.C. should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
My 2 cents...

If Porsche does come into F1, it wont be till after 2013. Because if the new F1 engine rules. I see them coming in as ONLY a engine supplier.

What team? I think either Williams, Toro Rosso. MAYBE Red Bull Racing, and McLaren. The reason why I said McLaren, because McLaren sign with Mercedes till 2015 (i think). But It could be cut short. We all know how it is in F1, contracts could be terminated early.

Besides McLaren and Porsche does have history together.
J.C. is offline  
__________________
BMW Motorsports 2013
Quote
Old 4 Oct 2010, 23:30 (Ref:2769477)   #26
ptclaus98
Veteran
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
United States
Posts: 1,765
ptclaus98 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by J.C. View Post
My 2 cents...

If Porsche does come into F1, it wont be till after 2013. Because if the new F1 engine rules. I see them coming in as ONLY a engine supplier.

What team? I think either Williams, Toro Rosso. MAYBE Red Bull Racing, and McLaren. The reason why I said McLaren, because McLaren sign with Mercedes till 2015 (i think). But It could be cut short. We all know how it is in F1, contracts could be terminated early.

Besides McLaren and Porsche does have history together.
Williams and Red Bull most likely.
ptclaus98 is offline  
Quote
Old 5 Oct 2010, 07:18 (Ref:2769569)   #27
Peralta
Veteran
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Mexico
Guadalajara Jalisco
Posts: 505
Peralta is a back marker
How about Sauber-Porsche. Now that Telmex will partner with Sauber maybe they can get the Porsche deal or rebadge them as Volkswagen which is very big in Mexico.
Peralta is offline  
Quote
Old 5 Oct 2010, 10:21 (Ref:2769634)   #28
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran
 
chunterer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location:
Down the end of my road
Posts: 13,026
chunterer has a real shot at the championship!chunterer has a real shot at the championship!chunterer has a real shot at the championship!chunterer has a real shot at the championship!chunterer has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peralta View Post
How about Sauber-Porsche. Now that Telmex will partner with Sauber maybe they can get the Porsche deal or rebadge them as Volkswagen which is very big in Mexico.
Yes indeed, that sounds like a decent possibility - the links in the chain are there as you say.
chunterer is offline  
__________________
'Rait then Bill, back to the big bad world of bent bog rolls.'
Quote
Old 5 Oct 2010, 12:43 (Ref:2769716)   #29
Wims
Veteran
 
Wims's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Norway
Posts: 736
Wims should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridWims should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I dont know. Sauber has always been Ferraris 'b' team.
Wims is offline  
Quote
Old 5 Oct 2010, 13:18 (Ref:2769732)   #30
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
Veteran
 
bjohnsonsmith's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
United States
London, England
Posts: 15,161
bjohnsonsmith is going for a new world record!bjohnsonsmith is going for a new world record!bjohnsonsmith is going for a new world record!bjohnsonsmith is going for a new world record!bjohnsonsmith is going for a new world record!bjohnsonsmith is going for a new world record!bjohnsonsmith is going for a new world record!bjohnsonsmith is going for a new world record!
Now's the chance to become Porsche's A team.
bjohnsonsmith is online now  
__________________
"If you're not winning you're not trying."
Colin Chapman.
Quote
Reply

Bookmarks




Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Are there any differnces between a Porsche carerra cup Porsche and GT3 class Porsche? SALEEN S7R Sportscar & GT Racing 25 6 Feb 2008 21:06
Porsche to Return? "Open" or "Closed"? (merged) JAG Sportscar & GT Racing 54 1 Jun 2004 15:22
Porsche Works return JAG Sportscar & GT Racing 19 18 Jun 2003 06:00
[LM24] When do you think Porsche will return to Le Mans? H16 24 Heures du Mans 3 14 Nov 2001 10:38


Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3

All times are GMT. The time now is 13:47.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Original Website Copyright © 1998-2003 Craig Antil. All Rights Reserved.
Ten-Tenths Motorsport Forums Copyright © 2004-2016 Royalridge Computing. All Rights Reserved.