Home Mobile Forum News Cookbook FaceBook Us T-Shirts etc.: Europe/Worldwide. eBay Motorsport Links Advertising Live Chat  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > ACO Regulated Series

Old 31 May 2017, 17:36 (Ref:3737770)   #1621
JHamilton
Subscriber
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
JHamilton will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJHamilton will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJHamilton will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJHamilton will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJHamilton will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJHamilton will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJHamilton will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJHamilton will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJHamilton will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJHamilton will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by canaglia View Post
zenvo st1 6.8L engine is basically a turbocharged destroked ls7 or enlarged ls3. A GM involment is quite unlikely.
To me, they will stick to lmp2 for a while and just will use zenvo stickers on the car...
Zenvo's website says they now use a twin turbocharged, 5.8L flat plane crank 90* V8. Originally the car supposedly used an LS7 block, but the only manufacturer I could think of that they would be using is the Ford Voodoo 5.2L.
Old 31 May 2017, 19:29 (Ref:3737799)   #1622
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTF110 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTF110 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
No more Alpine in p2 next year. So will they disappear or move to branding on lmp1? What does this do to Rebellion and Zenvo if they want to rebadge as Zenvo makes cars? And I haven't read this Zenvo/Rebellion engine or lmp1 connection anywhere else, plus the story on the site linked earlier requires a membership.

edit- on Zenvo's site they say engineering partnership, but no details http://www.zenvoautomotive.com/en/news/55
Old 31 May 2017, 19:48 (Ref:3737806)   #1623
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is going for a new world record!Akrapovic is going for a new world record!Akrapovic is going for a new world record!Akrapovic is going for a new world record!Akrapovic is going for a new world record!Akrapovic is going for a new world record!Akrapovic is going for a new world record!Akrapovic is going for a new world record!
An engineering partnership with no details raises eyebrows since there's very little Rebellion can do with a P2 car that'd require external input. I also couldn't find it anywhere, and I haven't seen an announcement from Rebellion that they're moving back to P1, so not sure what this is beyond a simple sponsorship agreement.
Old 31 May 2017, 21:05 (Ref:3737823)   #1624
CTD
Subscriber
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote from the Article:
Quote:
Troels Vollertsen, der er bestyrelsesmedlem, og ikke mindst en af grundlæggende af Zenvo, sætter lidt flere ord på:

- Det er ingen hemmelighed, at vi så småt går i gang med udviklingen af en ny model og hertil en ny motor. Jeg håber og forventer, at samarbejdet med Rebellion kaster masser af lærerig viden af sig, ikke mindst i forhold til at konstruere en ny motor. Noget der er temmelig komplekst, fortæller Troels Vollertsen til Motor-magasinet.
Translated:
Quote:
Troels Vollertsen, board member and co-founder of Zenvo, puts a few more words on it:

- It is no secret, that we are starting development of a new model and a new engine. I hope and expect, that the collaboration with Rebellion will give us a lot of useful knowledge, especially when it comes to constructing a new engine. Something that is fairly complex, Troels Vollertsen told Motor-magasinet
He continuous:
Quote:
- Jeg havde aldrig i mit liv troet, jeg skulle få chancen for at udvikle og være med til at bygge en Le Mans-motor. Det stiller enorme udfordringer til en som ingeniør og motorbygger i forhold til kræfter, pålidelighed og brændstofforbrug. Det er intet mindre end en fantastisk mulighed.
Translated:
Quote:
- I had never in my life believed, that I should get the chance to develop and be apart of building a Le Mans-engine. It sets forth massive challenges as an engineer and engine builder when it comes to power, reliability and fuel consumption. It is nothing less than a fantastic opportunity!
Old 31 May 2017, 21:07 (Ref:3737824)   #1625
Juntos
Veteran

Juntos is a back marker
Maybe this is not an engineering partnership at all but a pure sponsorship deal.
Old 1 Jun 2017, 12:12 (Ref:3737917)   #1626
Scorchess
Racer

Scorchess has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Those quotes really do not leave much to the imagination if that translation is correct. They are explicitly talking about building a new engine rather than rebadging one.

Rebellion have previously said they are looking at a 2019 return to LMP1, starting work on an engine for that now seems timely.
Old 7 Jun 2017, 17:35 (Ref:3739309)   #1627
chernaudi
Veteran

United States
Mansfield, Ohio
chernaudi has a real shot at the podium!chernaudi has a real shot at the podium!chernaudi has a real shot at the podium!chernaudi has a real shot at the podium!chernaudi has a real shot at the podium!
Rebellion won't run Watkins Glen, citing late delivery of their spare car from Oreca.