Home Mobile Forum News Cookbook FaceBook Us T-Shirts etc.: Europe/Worldwide. eBay Motorsport Links Advertising Live Chat  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 20 May 2013, 04:33 (Ref:3250236)   #16
Alan52
Veteran

Alan52 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAlan52 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Magazines-None except for an occasional Auto Action and 1 Muscle Car mag per year as the rest have either disappeared(RCN,Grand Prix International) or become rubbish quality (Motorsport News).
Books-Autocourse,Motocourse,Le Mans Yearbook(RIP The Great Race,Australian Motor Racing Yearbook,The Annual,V8 Supercar Yearbook)
Web Sites-crash.net,Joe Sewards blog,Speed Cafe,ten-tenths
I would love to spend money on a quality Australian motor racing magazine but there hasn't been one since Motorsport News moved away from its fortnightly format.Of all these departed friends the scrapping of The Great Race has been the saddest loss.The same people are complicit in the destruction of Motorsport News.

Last edited by Alan52; 20 May 2013 at 04:35. Reason: spelling
Old 20 May 2013, 11:16 (Ref:3250420)   #17
Umai Naa
Veteran

Umai Naa should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridUmai Naa should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Used to buy AA and MN religously for around 4 or 5 years. Gave that away, and started buying a lot of other monthlies like Fast Fours, Hot4s, Zoom, Street Commodores, Drift Battle and HPI. Did that for a good 7 years or so, lining the pockets of the EMG management nicely. Started buying AMC about 4 or 5 years ago. Stopped buying that last year. Just lost interest in it, and never had the spare change lying around anymore to feed the habit.

Pretty much only peruse various forums, Speedcafe, and the odd blog nowdays.
Old 21 May 2013, 00:48 (Ref:3250837)   #18
Alan52
Veteran

Alan52 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAlan52 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Also should mention motor sport history books which is a market that is surviving.Recent purchases include Ray Bell and Tony Loxley's "F5000 Thunder",Chevrons 50 year Australian Touring Car Championship history,Jim Skaysbrook's "Castrol 6 Hour Production Race" and Quentin Spurring's "Official History Of The Le Mans 24 Hour" books.The latter with 1 volume for each decade of the race are easily the best motor racing history books ever published.
Old 11 Jun 2013, 23:58 (Ref:3261192)   #19
Reload
Veteran

Australia
Reload should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridReload should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
In this weeks AA, the heading for the F1 section is Canadian Crush in big bold letters and the sub heading tells of the Vettel victory and the marshall crushed to death by the track crane.
Very distasteful and poor form AA.
Old 12 Jun 2013, 00:27 (Ref:3261207)   #20
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic is going for a new world record!GTRMagic is going for a new world record!GTRMagic is going for a new world record!GTRMagic is going for a new world record!GTRMagic is going for a new world record!GTRMagic is going for a new world record!GTRMagic is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reload View Post
In this weeks AA, the heading for the F1 section is Canadian Crush in big bold letters and the sub heading tells of the Vettel victory and the marshall crushed to death by the track crane.
Bloody disgraceful!

Is there is something wrong with those people??

You could write a letter to the editor, but all those made up people and correspondences wouldnt get a run then

Old 12 Jun 2013, 03:27 (Ref:3261248)   #21
eduardo1
Veteran

Australia
Sydney
eduardo1 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grideduardo1 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grideduardo1 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reload View Post
Are you serious? That is bang out of order.

The only possible excuse for that is that sub-editors usually write headings & intros and, at a place like ACP/Bauer, subs are a pooled resource. So the sub that wrote that may not have known the full context.

However the editors should have stopped it happening, so forget it - there is no excuse whatsoever.

Disgraceful.
Old 12 Jun 2013, 05:28 (Ref:3261255)   #22
Reload
Veteran

Australia
Reload should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridReload should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
Bloody disgraceful!

Is there is something wrong with those people??

You could write a letter to the editor, but all those made up people and correspondences wouldnt get a run then

I have thrown an email at them and urge other to do so.
Old 12 Jun 2013, 06:33 (Ref:3261266)   #23
greynomad
Rookie

Australia
Sydney
greynomad should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I find the UK magazine Motor Sport is a good read and worth the money. From time to time I like to buy Auto Action, Motorcycle News and Speedway News just to keep up with what is going on and what is coming up.

Online Speedcafe is ok.
Old 16 Jul 2013, 05:59 (Ref:3278219)   #24
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic is going for a new world record!GTRMagic is going for a new world record!GTRMagic is going for a new world record!GTRMagic is going for a new world record!GTRMagic is going for a new world record!GTRMagic is going for a new world record!GTRMagic is going for a new world record!
Interesting that AA is apparently now released on a Thursday, instead of a Wednesday

I guess it gives them an extra day to get all the 'scoops' that are announced to the press on the day the magazine comes out
Old 16 Jul 2013, 06:13 (Ref:3278221)   #25
Mixer
Veteran

Mixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Interesting that AA is apparently now released on a Thursday, instead of a Wednesday
After being a voracious buyer and reader of AA for the longest time, I've found the last 3 I have bought sat unread.
Old 16 Jul 2013, 06:29 (Ref:3278224)   #26
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
My local outlet has chosen not to continue stocking the magazine due to a lack of patronage...
Old 16 Jul 2013, 07:07 (Ref:3278230)   #27
eduardo1
Veteran

Australia
Sydney
eduardo1 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grideduardo1 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grideduardo1 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
My local outlet has chosen not to continue stocking the magazine due to a lack of patronage...
That's quite sad actually. Am scared that lack of patronage will cause motorsport mags to close. As much as we all knock them, I'd rather have them than not.
Old 20 Jul 2013, 12:58 (Ref:3279657)   #28
kramer
Racer

kramer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:

They're only made up when they don't get enough real ones. Got something to say? Email them - no point bleating about it here, they won't see it probably.

Kramer
Old 21 Jul 2013, 06:21 (Ref:3279905)   #29
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrich07 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrich07 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrich07 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
I'm glad my locals still stock it as where else would I be able to read it and put it back on shelf?
Old 24 Jul 2013, 04:27 (Ref:3281038)   #30
eduardo1
Veteran

Australia
Sydney
Quote:

I guess it gives them an extra day to get all the 'scoops' that are announced to the press on the day the magazine comes out
Talking to a newsagent, the reason is nothing to do with AA specifically, but mag distribution as a whole.

Because of reduction of sales of magazines as a whole, distributors are now cutting back the number of deliveries a week from 3 to 2. So all Wednesday deliveries are now pushed back to Thursdays.