Home Mobile Forum News Cookbook FaceBook Us T-Shirts etc.: Europe/Worldwide. eBay Motorsport Links Advertising Live Chat  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > ACO Regulated Series

Old 7 Sep 2017, 20:38 (Ref:3765249)   #5866
Aysedasi
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I don't want to be rude guys, but this to-ing and fro-ing is getting a bit dull.... Time to move on from Le Mans (I've had to, so everyone else should!).
Old 7 Sep 2017, 20:44 (Ref:3765250)   #5867
bobec
Racer

bobec should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridbobec should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by TF110 View Post
Porsche didn't 'outfox' anyone, they just put more towards their HD kit than Toyota, thanks in part to timing and to having a budget size nearly 2-1. It's no wonder they have a higher downforce total when that's all the car was made for. But in terms of LM package, their car was nowhere close to Toyota's.

Oh come one, Toyota's advantage was nooooowhere near as was expected. Not to mention the Toyota is a much newer car, and as has been discussed, though fast, obviously it was not designed to be tough or serviceable enough for a 24 hour race. Lets' stop turning stuff on its head.
Old 7 Sep 2017, 21:14 (Ref:3765253)   #5868
chernaudi
Veteran

United States
Mansfield, Ohio
chernaudi has a real shot at the podium!chernaudi has a real shot at the podium!chernaudi has a real shot at the podium!chernaudi has a real shot at the podium!chernaudi has a real shot at the podium!
And yet no one has responded to my fiscal year vs WEC schedule comment. Be it falling that way due to coincidence or was planned, it's never the less uncanny that things fell that way.
Old 7 Sep 2017, 21:17 (Ref:3765254)   #5869
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameAkrapovic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameAkrapovic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameAkrapovic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameAkrapovic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameAkrapovic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameAkrapovic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameAkrapovic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I don't think it's particularly meaningful. The company I work isn't even a fraction of the size of Toyota, but I suppose it's pretty large in the grand scheme of things. But even my company doesn't see financial years as proper book ends to things. Projects often spread over the start and end of a financial year, and it just means it goes over multiple.
Old 8 Sep 2017, 04:35 (Ref:3765313)   #5870
chernaudi
Veteran

United States
Mansfield, Ohio
chernaudi has a real shot at the podium!chernaudi has a real shot at the podium!chernaudi has a real shot at the podium!chernaudi has a real shot at the podium!chernaudi has a real shot at the podium!
I think it can mean something here if that's how TMC and TMG do their budget allocations. It can also mean something if other European car makers do things the other way as I mentioned.

When Audi Sport pulled out, the decision was made in advance it seems of the end of their fiscal year, with only enough money and other resources allocated to keep things going until the end of the WEC season. It's likely that Porsche have the same conditions going now until the end of the season.

I find it odd on the surface that the ACO have done their schedule that way, but it could be that this could be what the ACO have in mind. It does make a bit more sense than some of the things they've done in recent memory.
Old 8 Sep 2017, 13:18 (Ref:3765418)   #5871
GasperG
Veteran

Slovenia
GasperG has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
What don't you understand? They made such a schedule so LeMans is the last race in season. Because after LeMans no body gave a **** about WEC.
Old 8 Sep 2017, 14:15 (Ref:3765429)   #5872
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameAkrapovic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameAkrapovic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameAkrapovic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameAkrapovic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameAkrapovic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameAkrapovic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameAkrapovic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by chernaudi View Post
I think it can mean something here if that's how TMC and TMG do their budget allocations. It can also mean something if other European car makers do things the other way as I mentioned.
That only works if the finance department are short sighted. 100m a year (for easy maths) was previously just 60m + 40m. Same figures still apply, just another page on the spreadsheet.

More realistic reason is to use Le Mans as a big event. IMSA has it right - they start with big events and end with big events. They have Watkins Glen as a big event in the middle, but I'd say that's no where near as big and popular as Sebring and Petit. It's awesome, no doubt, but the start and end events are where the big popularity is.
Old 8 Sep 2017, 22:05 (Ref:3765503)   #5873
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 has a real shot at the podium!TF110 has a real shot at the podium!TF110 has a real shot at the podium!TF110 has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobec View Post
Oh come one, Toyota's advantage was nooooowhere near as was expected. Not to mention the Toyota is a much newer car, and as has been discussed, though fast, obviously it was not designed to be tough or serviceable enough for a 24 hour race. Lets' stop turning stuff on its head.
Porsche and Toyota had issues with their cars. Porsche didn't change their battery on the #2, Toyota did on the #8. That difference is the gap between them in terms of time on the road. I can't recall if it was a necessary change or if the battery was changed as a precaution. But without that, both the #2 and the #8 spend nearly the same amount of time in the garage.

I don't see what the fiscal year has to do with their budget. They decide in October each year what they do. They did this last year when we were talking about 3 cars or 2 for Le Mans.
Old 11 Sep 2017, 02:05 (Ref:3765949)   #5874
AoB Special Stage
Veteran

Estonia
AoB Special Stage should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAoB Special Stage should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
TMG said it was a precaution.
Old 11 Sep 2017, 11:23 (Ref:3766011)   #5875
gert
Veteran

Belgium
Antwerp
gert should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgert should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgert should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Davidson will be replaced by Sarrazin for Austin.

https://www.autosport.com/wec/news/1...stin-wec-round
http://www.endurance-info.com/fr/cot...-gazoo-racing/

The reason given is "for personal reasons"
Old 11 Sep 2017, 17:41 (Ref:3766104)   #5876
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridS griffin should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridS griffin should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridS griffin should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
We'll find out more in time I'm sure
Old 11 Sep 2017, 18:24 (Ref:3766113)   #5877
bentley speed 8
Veteran

Sri Lanka
bentley speed 8 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridbentley speed 8 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Wasn't Lapierre at that time replaced for "personal reasons" as well?
Old 11 Sep 2017, 18:28 (Ref:3766114)   #5878
gert
Veteran

Belgium
Antwerp
gert should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgert should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgert should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentley speed 8 View Post
Wasn't Lapierre at that time replaced for "personal reasons" as well?
IIRC, that was the same reason given for his absence.
Old 11 Sep 2017, 20:13 (Ref:3766136)   #5879
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 has a real shot at the podium!TF110 has a real shot at the podium!TF110 has a real shot at the podium!TF110 has a real shot at the podium!
Whatever the reason may be, I hope all is well with Anthony and hope to see him back for Fuji!
Old 16 Sep 2017, 23:37 (Ref:3767665)   #5880
hondafan37
Veteran

Argentina
Buenos Aires, Argentine
hondafan37 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Toyota open to Alonso discussions for Le Mans 2018.

https://www.motorsport.com/lemans/ne...-talks-953943/

I suppose this note means that the chances of continuing in the WEC are high and they are thinking to have 3 cars in Le Mans.