Home Mobile Forum News Cookbook FaceBook Us T-Shirts etc.: Europe/Worldwide. eBay Motorsport Links Advertising Live Chat  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 8 Sep 2017, 10:42 (Ref:3765364)   #826
crmalcolm
Veteran

Italy
crmalcolm should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridcrmalcolm should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridcrmalcolm should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by chillibowl View Post
it is a pretty big pay check and frankly Alonso doesnt have many places to go.

i wouldnt go so far as saying he is toxic but his options are limited.

personally i would like to see him go to Williams as that could be a truly inspired choice all be it a choice with a much smaller pay check.
Alonso states that McLaren's engine choice is not the main factor in deciding his future.
He gives LMP1 regulations, Indy aero and Andretti's plans as factors which suggests a multi-discipline future possibly?

http://www.crash.net/f1/news/881974/1/alonso-mclaren-f1-engine-call-not-biggest-factor-in-deciding-future
Old 8 Sep 2017, 10:51 (Ref:3765367)   #827
F1Guy
Veteran

Antarctica
Driving dangerously
F1Guy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Deadline was for McLaren to make a decision. Not an announcement.

We'll have to wait a little bit longer for that.

It was never going to be the Tuesday after Monza. Too many issues to be sorted. Crofty was a bit too eager.
Old 8 Sep 2017, 11:22 (Ref:3765376)   #828
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridS griffin should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridS griffin should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridS griffin should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Well hopefully we'll know by Singapore
Old 8 Sep 2017, 11:29 (Ref:3765379)   #829
crmalcolm
Veteran

Italy
crmalcolm should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridcrmalcolm should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridcrmalcolm should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
Well hopefully we'll know by Singapore
Both Boullier and Alonso have only committed to being 'hopeful' of knowing the situation by Singapore.
It sounds like McLaren still haven't decided their CoA.

Is Wolff's latest comment aimed at RBR/STR?

http://www.crash.net/f1/news/881976/1/wolff-stresses-importance-of-respect-between-f1-manufacturer-rivals
Old 8 Sep 2017, 11:51 (Ref:3765387)   #830
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic is going for a new world record!GTRMagic is going for a new world record!GTRMagic is going for a new world record!GTRMagic is going for a new world record!GTRMagic is going for a new world record!GTRMagic is going for a new world record!GTRMagic is going for a new world record!
How about... Renault engines show up at McLaren, and they are badged as Hondas... like the TAG Heuers at Red Bull Racing

Honda can shift their own rabble to Toro Rosso.. and figure out what is missing from their program.. and come back to McLaren if necessary.

Easy?
Old 8 Sep 2017, 12:11 (Ref:3765390)   #831
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridS griffin should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridS griffin should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridS griffin should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Well they are all competitive, but must at the same time have respect, so they all know where they are with each other
Old 8 Sep 2017, 12:51 (Ref:3765407)   #832
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I very, very much doubt you could badge an engine as a rival brand.

That is never going to happen, maybe you could badge as Renault as a Nissan or infiniti obviously, but not a brand that has nothing to do with the source manufacturer.

AS what is the point? everyone would know it's really a Renault, same as everyone knows Red Bull use one, I never understood why they did that in the first place!!
Old 8 Sep 2017, 13:05 (Ref:3765411)   #833
BSchneiderFan
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
BSchneiderFan has a real shot at the podium!BSchneiderFan has a real shot at the podium!BSchneiderFan has a real shot at the podium!BSchneiderFan has a real shot at the podium!
Yes, that definitely won't happen.
Old 12 Sep 2017, 18:05 (Ref:3766334)   #834
wolfhound
Veteran

Ireland
wolfhound should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
McLaren Honda will shortly be no more as McLaren Renault is about to become a reality for 3 years up to the end of the 2020 season.

http://classic.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/131767

McLaren will have nowhere to hide as they will have the same motors as Red Bull and an improving Renault.
Old 12 Sep 2017, 18:32 (Ref:3766342)   #835
VIVA GT
Subscriber
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT has a real shot at the championship!VIVA GT has a real shot at the championship!VIVA GT has a real shot at the championship!VIVA GT has a real shot at the championship!VIVA GT has a real shot at the championship!
I'll await the official announcement but it looks like I'm due a trip to the chocolate hat shop as I've said all along that McL will have to stick with Hon next yer.
(Perhaps my wife is right, she's always telling me that I'm wrong...)
Old 12 Sep 2017, 18:38 (Ref:3766345)   #836
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is going for a new world record!chillibowl is going for a new world record!chillibowl is going for a new world record!chillibowl is going for a new world record!chillibowl is going for a new world record!chillibowl is going for a new world record!chillibowl is going for a new world record!chillibowl is going for a new world record!
numerous sites now reporting it including motorsports.com...between that and autosport i would say its official.

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/m...ership-952183/

about time too!

however it turns out in 2018 for Mclaren, Honda, Renault, STR, and RB, its going to be a fun ride!

very excited to see what they all can do now...pretty much have already shifted my focus to 2018. the 2017 is now dead to me!
Old 12 Sep 2017, 19:49 (Ref:3766361)   #837
wolfhound
Veteran

Ireland
wolfhound should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
It could be interesting if McLaren were to kick Red Bulls 4$$ to be top dog in the Renault stakes, but it should be fun to watch.
Old 12 Sep 2017, 23:27 (Ref:3766398)   #838
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic is going for a new world record!GTRMagic is going for a new world record!GTRMagic is going for a new world record!GTRMagic is going for a new world record!GTRMagic is going for a new world record!GTRMagic is going for a new world record!GTRMagic is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by chillibowl View Post
numerous sites now reporting it including motorsports.com...between that and autosport i would say its official.

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/m...ership-952183/

about time too!

however it turns out in 2018 for Mclaren, Honda, Renault, STR, and RB, its going to be a fun ride!

very excited to see what they all can do now...pretty much have already shifted my focus to 2018. the 2017 is now dead to me!
Autosport & Motorsport.com are the same news source, operated by the same group of people..
Old 13 Sep 2017, 11:08 (Ref:3766474)   #839
S griffin
Veteran

At last, they have a decent engine in the back of their car. Hopefully Fred and Stoffel will be in the top ten where they belong more often.
Old 13 Sep 2017, 11:10 (Ref:3766477)   #840
crmalcolm
Veteran

Italy
BBC reports that the driver pairing at McLaren remains unchanged for 2018.
Renault and STR driver position probably next to be confirmed.