Home Mobile Forum News Cookbook FaceBook Us T-Shirts etc.: Europe/Worldwide. eBay Motorsport Links Advertising Live Chat  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 13 Sep 2017, 19:49 (Ref:3766635)   #511
crmalcolm
Veteran
 
crmalcolm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Italy
Posts: 1,951
crmalcolm should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcrmalcolm should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by chillibowl View Post

the 2019 silly season is going to be extra silly!
Multiple threads?

Speculations,
Rumours,
Stories,
Confirmations?
crmalcolm is offline  
Quote
Old 13 Sep 2017, 19:55 (Ref:3766639)   #512
ScotsBrutesFan
Race Official
Veteran
 
ScotsBrutesFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Scotland
West Lothian
Posts: 4,562
ScotsBrutesFan has a real shot at the championship!ScotsBrutesFan has a real shot at the championship!ScotsBrutesFan has a real shot at the championship!ScotsBrutesFan has a real shot at the championship!ScotsBrutesFan has a real shot at the championship!
I"m not sure we need to start new threads just yet
ScotsBrutesFan is offline  
Quote
Old 13 Sep 2017, 20:59 (Ref:3766650)   #513
bella
Race Official
Veteran
 
bella's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 1998
France
Posts: 15,012
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
So Sainz gets the Renault seat he deserves
this statement is cracking me up, it reads as both congratulatory and slightly sinister

palmer and williams makes a lot of sense. it'd be a total waste of a drive in a way but it's the sort of thing that'd benefit both parties.
bella is offline  
__________________
devils advocate in-chief and professional arguer of both sides
Quote
Old 14 Sep 2017, 05:23 (Ref:3766713)   #514
mceci1
Veteran
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Australia
Posts: 575
mceci1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by peebee2 View Post
Nobody in F1 has blamed MV.

All three Renault teams have suffered unacceptable reliability.

RBR have a great line-up of two superb racing drivers.

Sitting in an armchair however far away, deciding it is one drivers fault is a fools errand...
Your really pushing the limits, look at the evidence, Max, 6 DNF's, Dan 3, the numbers talk.

Also, don't dare say anything against my country or anyone from it again, you do and its a report. I never bashed on you and where your from, so don't dare say we Australians are dumb because we are in the best part of the world. You sit here and imply Australians in general have no clue, but numerous Australians on this forum, GTR in F1's forum stands out, as someone who actually is educated on what he is saying, comments from yourself have been unwarranted. I don't get stirred about much, but knock my country and I have a serious issue, and now you have made yourself an enemy, I wont be Malicious or anything like that, but I wont be backing you in any more arguments, I DO NOT appreciate your comments against Australia, your views on Sainz, I let go as those who don't have a grudge know the truth, but this attack against a country is uncalled for, end of story.

Last edited by mceci1; 14 Sep 2017 at 05:35.
mceci1 is offline  
Quote
Old 14 Sep 2017, 05:28 (Ref:3766716)   #515
mceci1
Veteran
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Australia
Posts: 575
mceci1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post
I think this is what is seen as your own theory...?

So explain, why does Max have twice the DNF's of Dan, most have been engine, same for Alonso, its a talented he, pushing an anchor of an engine too hard, simple and as plain as that, no scientific evidence needed to see what's going on, and don't put the aluminium foil hat on and say Red Bull are sabotaging Max, they aren't as it would hurt them more then anything else
mceci1 is offline  
Quote
Old 14 Sep 2017, 06:16 (Ref:3766721)   #516
peebee2
Veteran
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 590
peebee2 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpeebee2 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Calm down and don't get your jocks in a twist mate!

I said "armchair however far away" - i.e. 10 miles or 10,000 miles.

I also said RBR have two "superb" drivers. One's from Oz, yeh?

On your strange theory, I HAVE seen the evidence. In the paddock.
peebee2 is online now  
Quote
Old 14 Sep 2017, 06:20 (Ref:3766724)   #517
mceci1
Veteran
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Australia
Posts: 575
mceci1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by peebee2 View Post
Calm down and don't get your jocks in a twist mate!

I said "armchair however far away" - i.e. 10 miles or 10,000 miles.

I also said RBR have two "superb" drivers. One's from Oz, yeh?

On your strange theory, I HAVE seen the evidence. In the paddock.
Evidence of a potential bad day. My point as for Max, you seem to be missing, is he has had more DNFs then the majority of the other Renault drivers, why is that.

As for the miles away, I apologise for getting fired up, but when you said the comment about being miles away in Australia a few weeks back and now that, it gives a bad impression, can you see my view on that.

Anyway, I am not one who likes holding a grudge, so lets move on, forget the past and look forward in F1 land
mceci1 is offline  
Quote
Old 14 Sep 2017, 06:24 (Ref:3766725)   #518
Alan52
Veteran
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location:
Glenmore Park
Posts: 759
Alan52 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAlan52 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by mceci1 View Post
Your really pushing the limits, look at the evidence, Max, 6 DNF's, Dan 3, the numbers talk.

Also, don't dare say anything against my country or anyone from it again, you do and its a report. I never bashed on you and where your from, so don't dare say we Australians are dumb because we are in the best part of the world. You sit here and imply Australians in general have no clue, but numerous Australians on this forum, GTR in F1's forum stands out, as someone who actually is educated on what he is saying, comments from yourself have been unwarranted. I don't get stirred about much, but knock my country and I have a serious issue, and now you have made yourself an enemy, I wont be Malicious or anything like that, but I wont be backing you in any more arguments, I DO NOT appreciate your comments against Australia, your views on Sainz, I let go as those who don't have a grudge know the truth, but this attack against a country is uncalled for, end of story.
I'm Australian and find you saying something like "don't dare say anything against my country or anyone from it again" to be an embarrassing reflection of redneck intolerance.Nowhere or nobody should be immune from reasonable criticism and it is not the role of blind patriots to decide what is reasonable.Your threat to report is disturbing.
Alan52 is offline  
Quote
Old 14 Sep 2017, 06:29 (Ref:3766726)   #519
peebee2
Veteran
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 590
peebee2 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpeebee2 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
No worries, anyway, I'm still trembling at the idea of being "reported!"

The reason Max has had more DNFs than Dan this year is the same as why Dan had more in the past. Bad fortune. Mind you, the number Dan has had this year is not acceptable anyway.
peebee2 is online now  
Quote
Old 14 Sep 2017, 06:49 (Ref:3766730)   #520
F1Guy
Veteran
 
F1Guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Antarctica
Driving dangerously
Posts: 564
F1Guy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridF1Guy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
So Mercedes waited for Alonso to confirm his 2018 plans before re-signing Bottas?? Interesting.
F1Guy is offline  
__________________
When did I do dangerous driving???
Quote
Old 14 Sep 2017, 06:50 (Ref:3766731)   #521
peebee2
Veteran
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 590
peebee2 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpeebee2 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I was going to write that all Renault drivers have had bad luck, but it seems one may have been playing with a loaded deck.

I'm no great fan of his but he deserved a fair chance at least.

Some think I don't like Sainz. Not true, I just think he would do better to knuckle down and work on the inconsistencies in his driving rather than play whinging politics with his old man in the paddock.

It will be interesting to see him in the Enstone team and how much support he gets when it doesn't go as planned. Their leader has two great skills. Politics of spin and self-preservation.
peebee2 is online now  
Quote
Old 14 Sep 2017, 07:03 (Ref:3766733)   #522
mceci1
Veteran
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Australia
Posts: 575
mceci1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan52 View Post
I'm Australian and find you saying something like "don't dare say anything against my country or anyone from it again" to be an embarrassing reflection of redneck intolerance.Nowhere or nobody should be immune from reasonable criticism and it is not the role of blind patriots to decide what is reasonable.Your threat to report is disturbing.
So being proud of my country and its motorsport, is a crime, look me up as I am guilty of being very proud of what we have done in motorsport terms. As I said, I don't get fired up often, but if you saw the comment weeks ago, then you'd get my point, if no, I couldn't care less, to say someone has no knowledge and sits in a country miles from anywhere is wrong, all I said weeks ago was Carlos Sainz was a big key to the silly season. Next minute, I'm told that we as Australians are too far away to understand what Sainz father was doing. That's wrong in my opinion, basing something off distance. The past is the past now though, I have cleared it up with PeeBee, and probably overeacted early, but I am not a bogan or redneck as you said, I take pride in my country, Bogans don't, very little respect
mceci1 is offline  
Quote
Old 14 Sep 2017, 07:05 (Ref:3766734)   #523
mceci1
Veteran
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Australia
Posts: 575
mceci1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by peebee2 View Post
No worries, anyway, I'm still trembling at the idea of being "reported!"

The reason Max has had more DNFs than Dan this year is the same as why Dan had more in the past. Bad fortune. Mind you, the number Dan has had this year is not acceptable anyway.
Both should have 0, but that's how F1 is, its not like V8s, its a game of catching, that's hard given the advantage of the two big names
mceci1 is offline  
Quote
Old 14 Sep 2017, 07:08 (Ref:3766735)   #524
mceci1
Veteran
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Australia
Posts: 575
mceci1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by peebee2 View Post
I was going to write that all Renault drivers have had bad luck, but it seems one may have been playing with a loaded deck.

I'm no great fan of his but he deserved a fair chance at least.

Some think I don't like Sainz. Not true, I just think he would do better to knuckle down and work on the inconsistencies in his driving rather than play whinging politics with his old man in the paddock.

It will be interesting to see him in the Enstone team and how much support he gets when it doesn't go as planned. Their leader has two great skills. Politics of spin and self-preservation.
Again, you may like Carlos, but leave politics out of it, it makes things confusing, I could say the same about Max, and how he is a spoilt little brat because of Jos, but to bring politics in, it then brings up other things, and eventually drifts off motorsport, I try to ignore the dumb political comments, and Jos has done it openly, I ignore it and see Max for his talent
mceci1 is offline  
Quote
Old 14 Sep 2017, 07:13 (Ref:3766736)   #525
mceci1
Veteran
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Australia
Posts: 575
mceci1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
http://www.speedcafe.com/2017/09/13/...bull-improves/

Note he says Red Bull must improve, not Renault, while I don't like how slow Renault is, as PeeBee said, they shouldn't have to worry about engine, we need to wonder what else underlies, with Toro Rosso Honda now confirmed, (yesterday in Australia that I saw, article's were written 13th) can he see a Honda fail, again and wants out.
mceci1 is offline  
Quote
Reply

Bookmarks




Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
2018 Silly Season GTRMagic Australasian Touring Cars. 953 Yesterday 07:31
[WEC] BMW confirmed in GTE in 2018 AkioAsakura95 ACO Regulated Series 264 13 Sep 2017 16:52
Hockenheim secures new deal until 2018 jab Formula One 13 2 Oct 2009 00:25
The "silly" season just isn't "silly" any more Tristan Formula One 36 31 Jul 2001 02:50


Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3

All times are GMT. The time now is 06:23.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Original Website Copyright © 1998-2003 Craig Antil. All Rights Reserved.
Ten-Tenths Motorsport Forums Copyright © 2004-2016 Royalridge Computing. All Rights Reserved.