Home Mobile Forum News Cookbook FaceBook Us T-Shirts etc.: Europe/Worldwide. eBay Motorsport Links Advertising Live Chat  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > National & Club Racing

Old 14 May 2017, 16:20 (Ref:3733437)   #31
coppice
Racer

Australia
Thirsk, North Yorkshire
coppice should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Many thanks;my Code 36 was my lame Brexit joke BTW .

750MC at Croft this weekend - will it be Code 60 Pt 2 I wonder ?
Old 14 May 2017, 18:56 (Ref:3733470)   #32
Woolley
Race Official
Veteran

England
Wolverhampton, England
Woolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by peebee2 View Post
The only people who will think code 60 is good are marshals and officials. Nobody who actually races will. It's even a step down from the battenburg.
That's because we like to be safe. And other methods are not achieving that. If as drivers you can clearly demonstrate that we are safe without it, then we'll all be in favour of that. And after all, if we don't feel safe, then it delays us getting to you if you need us... Your call.
Old 14 May 2017, 19:16 (Ref:3733476)   #33
Adam43
Race Official
20KPINAL

European Union
The Road to Rouen
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I'm for it too.

I see in short races it can lose you a significant chunk of race time. As can any neutralising the race, such as safety car, or even stopping a race. Localised yellows were all that was used in the past. This has changed because safety is considered more highly now, those 1:100 chances of something going wrong now have to be 1:10000 or less.

Nothing is ideal in these situations. This is OK.
Old 16 May 2017, 17:58 (Ref:3733903)   #34
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is going for a new world record!Akrapovic is going for a new world record!Akrapovic is going for a new world record!Akrapovic is going for a new world record!Akrapovic is going for a new world record!Akrapovic is going for a new world record!Akrapovic is going for a new world record!Akrapovic is going for a new world record!
If drivers properly obeyed yellow flags and "slowed down and prepared to stop" then there would be no need for a Code 60. However it's become acceptable for drivers to go full chat through yellow zones now, even setting PBs without punishment, because it's hard to judge what is too fast.

If people were responsible and took the safety of the marshals seriously, it would not be needed. A code 60 should also be quicker than a Safety Car because you can deploy and retract it quicker.
Old 17 May 2017, 00:35 (Ref:3733965)   #35
Lancsbreaker
Veteran

England
Padiham, Lancashire
Lancsbreaker should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridLancsbreaker should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridLancsbreaker should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Just to add that our newly purchased GPS speedo cost about 30 from Amazon - its about the cheapest thing I've ever had to buy for racing......

Tested in road car and now wired up and ready for action in the race car - hope I'll only need it for pitlane speed limits....
Old 17 May 2017, 05:19 (Ref:3733985)   #36
275 GTB-4
Veteran

Australia
Sydney NSW, Australie
275 GTB-4 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid275 GTB-4 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akrapovic View Post
If drivers properly obeyed yellow flags and "slowed down and prepared to stop" then there would be no need for a Code 60. However it's become acceptable for drivers to go full chat through yellow zones now, even setting PBs without punishment, because it's hard to judge what is too fast.

If people were responsible and took the safety of the marshals seriously, it would not be needed. A code 60 should also be quicker than a Safety Car because you can deploy and retract it quicker.
Actual Incident:

Car hit a flag point and carried away the "protective" tyre barrier.
Incident covered by local yellows on two sectors, most drivers circulating and behaving themselves.
Marshals on one side of track working to restore barrier.
Rocket Scientist decides to do a practice start about 15 feet from my legs.
Radio report to CoC
Driver called up to the tower to face the music.
Driver apologised after being threatened with exclusion from the meeting.