Home Mobile Forum News Cookbook FaceBook Us T-Shirts etc.: Europe/Worldwide. eBay Motorsport Links Advertising Live Chat  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > NASCAR & Stock Car Racing

Old 1 Aug 2017, 21:26 (Ref:3756779)   #16
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famefieldodreams79 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famefieldodreams79 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famefieldodreams79 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famefieldodreams79 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famefieldodreams79 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famefieldodreams79 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famefieldodreams79 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famefieldodreams79 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famefieldodreams79 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Kurt Busch will not be renewed for the #41 SHR.

http://www.espn.com/racing/nascar/cu...rt-haas-racing

-Mike Cooley, The Stroker Ace
Old 1 Aug 2017, 21:28 (Ref:3756781)   #17
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famefieldodreams79 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famefieldodreams79 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famefieldodreams79 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famefieldodreams79 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famefieldodreams79 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famefieldodreams79 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famefieldodreams79 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famefieldodreams79 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famefieldodreams79 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadrun96 View Post
Ask and you shall receive, les bushwhacking in store for 2018.

Drivers over 5 years experience in Cup are limited to 7 Busch and 5 truck events a season now. And: "Additionally, Cup drivers, regardless of experience, will be ineligible to compete in "Dash 4 Cash" races in the Xfinity Series. Those same drivers are also not allowed to compete in the regular-season finale or playoff races for each of those series."
The two lower series (especially the Xfinity) are just so watered down with the 4 or 5 Cup drivers dominating the series but not in championship. This is the first positive I've seen from these clowns in a while.

Old 2 Aug 2017, 18:54 (Ref:3756990)   #18
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 has a real shot at the championship!broadrun96 has a real shot at the championship!broadrun96 has a real shot at the championship!broadrun96 has a real shot at the championship!broadrun96 has a real shot at the championship!broadrun96 has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by fieldodreams79 View Post
Kurt Busch will not be renewed for the #41 SHR.

http://www.espn.com/racing/nascar/cu...rt-haas-racing
They basically said not renewed but he will be with them next year in the same car so maybe a pay cut is in store for the elder sister.
It was fun while it lasted, have enjoyed the people I've met but the measuring contests and arguments over who's more insider and who's smarter has just made it not worth the effort any longer. It should be fun, not work and it's just work to find actual information.
Old 2 Aug 2017, 19:38 (Ref:3756995)   #19
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Quote:
They basically said not renewed but he will be with them next year in the same car so maybe a pay cut is in store for the elder sister.
Huh. Well, I don't give flying ....

Old 5 Aug 2017, 09:22 (Ref:3757537)   #20
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE has a real shot at the podium!FIRE has a real shot at the podium!FIRE has a real shot at the podium!FIRE has a real shot at the podium!FIRE has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Ask and you shall receive, les bushwhacking in store for 2018.

Drivers over 5 years experience in Cup are limited to 7 Busch and 5 truck events a season now. And: "Additionally, Cup drivers, regardless of experience, will be ineligible to compete in "Dash 4 Cash" races in the Xfinity Series. Those same drivers are also not allowed to compete in the regular-season finale or playoff races for each of those series."
Mixed feelings about this. Yes it's annoying when Cup drivers are dominating the races but on the other hand it's making the series more interesting when talents drive against Cup drivers.
Old 5 Aug 2017, 10:24 (Ref:3757542)   #21
Number4
Racer

England
Deep South
Number4 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by FIRE View Post
Mixed feelings about this. Yes it's annoying when Cup drivers are dominating the races but on the other hand it's making the series more interesting when talents drive against Cup drivers.
Me too. I like seeing the Cup drivers in the Xfinity and Trucks. If someone can sweep the weekend at Bristol and win 1000 laps of racing, that's awesome, and maximum respect to them.
I'm not particularly fond of him as a person, but Busch in the black Monster #54 will always be my favourite stock car.
Old 5 Aug 2017, 14:03 (Ref:3757564)   #22
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
I don't mind one in every other race and I get why they do it; they want to race and win and win money and race. Who wouldn't? It's just taken so much away from those series, especially when they start effing around with the championships, not that there's really a true "champion" anymore...

Old 5 Aug 2017, 15:42 (Ref:3757574)   #23
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
NaBUru38 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridNaBUru38 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
After Gordon, Dale and Edwards retired, Nascar needs new starts. It's important to have Xfinity winners to graduate to Cup.

Who knows Kevin Conway, Stephen Leicht and Brett Moffitt? They were Nascar Cup Rookies of the Year this decade.

Austin Dillon was the 2013 Nationwide champion, and he didn't win any race. How could anyone promote him?
Old 6 Aug 2017, 04:26 (Ref:3757660)   #24
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Yeah, NaBUru38 makes a great point.

I just watched Keso, Capt Snothead and Sliced Doosh dominate a feeder series race. Again, I get why they do it (I would, too), but didn't hear about any of the other drivers during the race unless they were spinning. Not doing well to get younger drivers more air time and more popularity. Not good for the future of the series; any of the three.

Old 8 Aug 2017, 07:06 (Ref:3758108)   #25
gttouring
Veteran

gttouring should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by NaBUru38 View Post
After Gordon, Dale and Edwards retired, Nascar needs new starts. It's important to have Xfinity winners to graduate to Cup.

Who knows Kevin Conway, Stephen Leicht and Brett Moffitt? They were Nascar Cup Rookies of the Year this decade.

Austin Dillon was the 2013 Nationwide champion, and he didn't win any race. How could anyone promote him?
This is a big deal to me too,why not promote these guys, and see what works and use it. The Glen road race was a sell out and freaking awesome to watch, but they can't or won't do other races like this but try rovals?!
Anyway,Kasey kahne wins the Brickyard is in the championship automatically and can't keep his ride? And truex is putting on a master class this year and if he doesn't win the championship well silly season all year

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
Old 9 Aug 2017, 13:08 (Ref:3758385)   #26
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 has a real shot at the championship!broadrun96 has a real shot at the championship!broadrun96 has a real shot at the championship!broadrun96 has a real shot at the championship!broadrun96 has a real shot at the championship!broadrun96 has a real shot at the championship!
Well looks like someone is getting called up to the majors for 2018, JR Motorsports Byron will replace Kahne in the #5.

I'm still confused why the 5 isn't Cornflakes and Terry Labonte so maybe I'm a little out of the loop.
It was fun while it lasted, have enjoyed the people I've met but the measuring contests and arguments over who's more insider and who's smarter has just made it not worth the effort any longer. It should be fun, not work and it's just work to find actual information.
Old 9 Aug 2017, 16:30 (Ref:3758407)   #27
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Quote:
Well looks like someone is getting called up to the majors for 2018, JR Motorsports Byron will replace Kahne in the #5.

I'm still confused why the 5 isn't Cornflakes and Terry Labonte so maybe I'm a little out of the loop.
Don't worry about it. I don't think you're missing a whole lot.

And don't forget that Capt Snothead drove the Kelloggs 5 car for a few...

So Kahne is another free agent. Interesting how that marriage never produced, but that's old man JJ and a bunch of kids at Hendrick, with the second most senior driver being 24 yr old Alex Bowman. Crazy.

Old 10 Aug 2017, 19:47 (Ref:3758669)   #28
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
Even the cars get a silly season, Chevy switching to Camaro for 2018 and beyond after the SS goes out of production.
Old 10 Aug 2017, 21:06 (Ref:3758675)   #29
gttouring
Veteran

gttouring should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Even the cars get a silly season, Chevy switching to Camaro for 2018 and beyond after the SS goes out of production.
Can't say I don't like it, I would like some changes to the rear and windows to better match the production but oh well.
Oh the chaos in Iracing now!

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
Old 10 Aug 2017, 21:23 (Ref:3758677)   #30
chernaudi
Veteran

United States
Mansfield, Ohio
chernaudi has a real shot at the podium!chernaudi has a real shot at the podium!chernaudi has a real shot at the podium!chernaudi has a real shot at the podium!chernaudi has a real shot at the podium!
Not like GM had much else they could run in Cup. Only alternatives were the Malibu or Impala.

Question is will Toyota stick to their bread and butter Camry sedan, or eventually run a coupe of their own?

Will probably lead Ford to switch to the Mustang for Cup. They already run it in XS and will replace the Falcon next year in Australian Supercars.