Home Mobile Forum News Cookbook FaceBook Us T-Shirts etc.: Europe/Worldwide. eBay Motorsport Links Advertising Live Chat  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

View Poll Results: Who do you think the driver of the Italian Grand Prix is?
Sebastian Vettel 0 0%
Kimi Räikkönen 0 0%
Lewis Hamilton 1 2.50%
Valtteri Bottas 0 0%
Daniel Ricciardo 35 87.50%
Max Verstappen 1 2.50%
Sergio Pérez 0 0%
Esteban Ocon 1 2.50%
Felipe Massa 0 0%
Lance Stroll 2 5.00%
Romain Grosjean 0 0%
Kevin Magnussen 0 0%
Carlos Sainz 0 0%
Daniil Kvyat 0 0%
Nico Hulkenberg 0 0%
Jolyon Palmer 0 0%
Fernando Alonso 0 0%
Stoffel Vandoorne 0 0%
Pascal Wehrlein 0 0%
Marcus Ericsson 0 0%
Voters: 40. You may not vote on this poll

Old 4 Sep 2017, 11:26 (Ref:3764423)   #16
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridS griffin should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridS griffin should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridS griffin should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
The honey badger, what a drive after not being able to start where he qualified. And getting past Kimi and nearly catching Seb at the end
Old 4 Sep 2017, 22:23 (Ref:3764552)   #17
Notso Swift
Veteran

United Nations
37deg 46'52.36" S 144deg 59' 01.83"E
Notso Swift should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
No contest really
Old 5 Sep 2017, 06:31 (Ref:3764643)   #18
crmalcolm
Veteran

Italy
crmalcolm should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridcrmalcolm should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridcrmalcolm should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
What I find interesting in this and the team thread, is how the fact that Mercedes seemed to win comfortably is viewed.

In the teams thread, they are picking up all the votes - but surely the same argument is true that they had the best car and found it easy? All the work to produce the best car was done months and years ago, not at this race.

Was Hamilton's performance any less worthy than the teams?

What would be interesting is if we set markers during the weekend of what you would expect a team or driver to deliver in the results. I can't see how Hamilton could have done anything more at this GP, having set a qualifying time over a second faster than anyone else in those conditions, and then turned that into a comfortable win on Sunday?
Old 5 Sep 2017, 07:14 (Ref:3764648)   #19
bauble
Veteran

England
Bedfordshire almost in Pakistan
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post
What I find interesting in this and the team thread, is how the fact that Mercedes seemed to win comfortably is viewed.

In the teams thread, they are picking up all the votes - but surely the same argument is true that they had the best car and found it easy? All the work to produce the best car was done months and years ago, not at this race.

Was Hamilton's performance any less worthy than the teams?

What would be interesting is if we set markers during the weekend of what you would expect a team or driver to deliver in the results. I can't see how Hamilton could have done anything more at this GP, having set a qualifying time over a second faster than anyone else in those conditions, and then turned that into a comfortable win on Sunday?
Well one can hardly vote for McLaren.
Old 5 Sep 2017, 16:42 (Ref:3764746)   #20
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is going for a new world record!chillibowl is going for a new world record!chillibowl is going for a new world record!chillibowl is going for a new world record!chillibowl is going for a new world record!chillibowl is going for a new world record!chillibowl is going for a new world record!chillibowl is going for a new world record!
was between Ocon and Stroll for me with Ocon taking it in the end by virtue of finishing ahead.

lots of subjective reasons why to vote but in this case that was the battle they showed the most and the one the held my attention the most...the race was between those two imo so one of them should get my vote.
Old 5 Sep 2017, 20:02 (Ref:3764790)   #21
Compromised
Racer

Compromised should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post
. I can't see how Hamilton could have done anything more at this GP, having set a qualifying time over a second faster than anyone else in those conditions, and then turned that into a comfortable win on Sunday?
Was Bottas allowed to fight Lewis? Both Mercs finished within 5 seconds of each other and over 30 seconds clear of Vettel - that dominance looks a little silver to me.
Old 6 Sep 2017, 14:35 (Ref:3764941)   #22
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridS griffin should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridS griffin should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridS griffin should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I think Bottas needs a bad weekend from both Lewis and Seb to be back in the title fight