Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Other Motorsports > Hillclimb and Sprint

Old 21 Dec 2010, 22:24 (Ref:2807163)   #1
Richardsix
Rookie

Richardsix should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
New to the forum

Just thought I would say Hi and introduce myself..........here go's
I have a love of all motorsport, dating back to the late eighties when I worked for Argo, working on FF2000,1600 and gtp cars, then moved to Lotus.
I now own a Tiger Super Six which I would love to sprint/hillclimb.... so looking for any advice/events that would suit a novice old git.
Richard
Old 21 Dec 2010, 22:54 (Ref:2807175)   #2
Woolley
Race Official
Veteran

England
Wolverhampton, England
Woolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
And a warm welcome to the forum. Obvious starting point is with sprints where there's less to hit, or try out on one of the many drivers' schools that exist - Cuborough, Shelsley and Prescott for starters. Depends on where you're based, of course.
Old 22 Dec 2010, 11:37 (Ref:2807296)   #3
Pistonbroke
Racer

Wales
Shropshire
Pistonbroke should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woolley View Post
And a warm welcome to the forum. Obvious starting point is with sprints where there's less to hit, or try out on one of the many drivers' schools that exist - Cuborough, Shelsley and Prescott for starters. Depends on where you're based, of course.
And Loton Park from 2011 - dates TBA
Old 24 Dec 2010, 22:00 (Ref:2808285)   #4
b1ackcr0w
Veteran

b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!
Gurston Down near Salisbury has a very highly regarded driver school programme if you're further south.

http://gurstondown.org/school.htm
Old 24 Dec 2010, 22:03 (Ref:2808287)   #5
b1ackcr0w
Veteran

b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!
And here's Prescott FYI http://www.prescott-hillclimb.com/driversschool.aspx

Whereabouts are you Mr Six?
Old 26 Dec 2010, 17:37 (Ref:2808605)   #6
Richardsix
Rookie

Cheers for the replies, should have said, I am in Romford,Essex.
Old 27 Dec 2010, 09:53 (Ref:2808727)   #7
Dan Friel
Veteran

England
Great Cheverell, UK
Dan Friel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridDan Friel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
There's a complete lack of hillclimbs in the south east.

Have a look here:

http://www.aemc.org.uk/Motor_Sport/Sprints/sprints.html

and

http://www.asemc.org.uk/

Last edited by Dan Friel; 27 Dec 2010 at 09:54. Reason: Extra link
Old 27 Dec 2010, 16:18 (Ref:2808818)   #8
Richardsix
Rookie

Cheers for the links, like I said I am a novice old git, I presume I need some sort of licence, what sort and how do I get one?
Richard
Old 28 Dec 2010, 15:22 (Ref:2808994)   #9
Dan Friel
Veteran

England
Great Cheverell, UK
Dan Friel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridDan Friel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Check out the following link:

http://www.msauk.org/site/cms/conten...sp?article=771

But a quick internet search will uncover some starter guides. You'll need a non race licence an appropriate safety gear. I havent read the latest rules but it's on the MSA website.

You may want to try a few track days first. Less initial outlay and no pressure. Exhaust noise on your Tiger may be an issue.
Old 30 Jan 2011, 00:21 (Ref:2822503)   #10
Mark-e21
Rookie

Mark-e21 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hi Richard, I'm in the same boat as you and just starting out myself. I've just joined Sevenoaks & District MC with a view to doing my first event in April. I did a couple of track days last year so as to get an idea of what its like to drive a circuit? Anyway, I'm only over in SW London/Surrey myself. If all goes to plan my first event will be at North Weald so might be worth you taking a look as it's not too far.