Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 22 Oct 2017, 14:46 (Ref:3775632)   #51
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I'd certainly give Hartley a go instead of Kvyat who has largely flattered to deceive in his F1 career (IMO).
Old 22 Oct 2017, 16:05 (Ref:3775638)   #52
Moneyseeker
Veteran

Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!
You have to feel for Gasly, missed Austin to do SF in Japan to try and secure the title - only half a point behind the leader. Race is cancelled due to typhoon warning, and as it's the finale so he loses the championship by half a point and misses the US GP!
Old 22 Oct 2017, 16:42 (Ref:3775643)   #53
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Kyvat has shown talent before, he didn't look too bad with RBR in 2015, but since being demoted, he's looked lost. I think they could do a lot worse than taking a full season's punt on Hartley
Old 22 Oct 2017, 21:24 (Ref:3775719)   #54
Number4
Racer

England
The Dead South
Number4 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Not a bad effort for a North Islander.
Old 22 Oct 2017, 21:30 (Ref:3775721)   #55
Armco Bender
Llama Assassin and Sheep Botherer
Veteran

New Zealand
International Sheep Ambassador
Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!
Solid performance,kept up with Stroll the whole race.
Old 22 Oct 2017, 21:32 (Ref:3775722)   #56
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
A thoroughly decent job. Well done.
Old 22 Oct 2017, 21:49 (Ref:3775730)   #57
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
He did a good job, but it was a little middle of the road.

I hope he gets another go and now he's got some mileage in the car and won't have the penalties he can have a proper go.
Old 22 Oct 2017, 21:53 (Ref:3775734)   #58
Armco Bender
Veteran

New Zealand
Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!
A one race deal is a bit of a hospital pass,his only real option was a good steady drive to bring it home with all 4 wheels on it.
Old 23 Oct 2017, 00:38 (Ref:3775765)   #59
Razzzor
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
Razzzor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazzzor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazzzor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Plus really handicapped starting last. I think if he had no penalties, he would have started 12th or 13th and stayed there (if he got a good start) throughout.

Instead he made a bit of a slow getaway, Kevin got by, by he managed to pass Pascal back on lap one, Kevin with him pitting, but then got stuck behind Ericsson and didn't seem to be able to pass, so they pitted early on lap 9. He started putting in great laps straight away, but then Stroll pitted as well on lap 11 and came out just behind Hartley. This was really the defining moment in Hartley's race, Stroll on those fresh rubbers managed to pass Hartley and held him up from then onwards for the next 25 laps. Stroll was quick to begin with but he was on used softs and the longer the stint went the more Hartley was losing. He couldn't quite get close enough to pass but was always about a second behind, so he must have been faster.

Then when Hartley finally came in for that second stop guess who pitted a lap later to cover him off... goddamn Lance Stroll! At that point Lance had the ultrasofts on, Hartley the safer card with softs, so Lance pulled away a few seconds anyway.

At the end Hartley was catching the guys ahead very quickly, even Lance, another lap and he easily would have been past Vandoorne. But really it's the time he lost behind Stroll in the middle stint that cost him. Without the time loss he probably would have been ahead of Stroll at the end and would have come home 11th - directly behind Kyvat. Which really isn't too shabby considering he had to start at the back.

Gasly did a similar performance, 14th and 13th in his first two races. However Gasly didn't have to start last, plus he had plenty of practise outings and was in a single seater 1 week prior, not 5 years prior.

So yeah a solid debut from Hartley. The only problem being Kyvat turning his performance around with a good run for once.

Hartley just needs to focus on his qualifying laps and passing. Because really he should have found a way past Stroll and Ericsson. Maybe he was playing it safe though, which is probably the best thing to do rather than ending up in a collision. 8th fastest lap as well.

Sounds like it's going to be Hartley and Gasly at Mexico? I think they do need to give Hartley another run, see what he can do with the extra experience and not starting last.
Old 23 Oct 2017, 17:07 (Ref:3775912)   #60
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Razzzor View Post

Sounds like it's going to be Hartley and Gasly at Mexico? I think they do need to give Hartley another run, see what he can do with the extra experience and not starting last.
Yes, confirmed. Hartley and Gasly in for Mexico.
Old 23 Oct 2017, 17:13 (Ref:3775914)   #61
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
Great job in Austin Brendon, we are giving you the ride, and dumping Marko ..
Old 23 Oct 2017, 17:16 (Ref:3775915)   #62
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
excellent choice by toro rosso. though i think they'd rather let the pope have a go than kvyat at this point...
Old 23 Oct 2017, 17:19 (Ref:3775916)   #63
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
He's darned good that pope. Can't understand why he hasn't been given a chance yet.........
Old 23 Oct 2017, 18:17 (Ref:3775938)   #64
ScotsBrutesFan
Race Official
Veteran

Scotland
West Lothian
ScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post
Yes, confirmed. Hartley and Gasly in for Mexico.
So the real brain ache is whether ...

Gasley is now going to be the replacement driver of Kyvat again only this time in what was originally Sainz's car ?

Or is Gasley resuming his seat in what was Kyvat's car with Hartley now switching over to replace Kyvat in what was Sainz's car ?

And whether there are any penalties due on either of the chassis this time around?

My head hurts re-reading that to make sure it says what I think I'm actually asking.
Old 23 Oct 2017, 20:53 (Ref:3775966)   #65
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
My head hurts as soon as I read the word 'penalties'. Is this fast becoming the most hated word in F1?
Old 23 Oct 2017, 23:08 (Ref:3775987)   #66
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
He's darned good that pope. Can't understand why he hasn't been given a chance yet.........
Can't drive on Saturday afternoons, and Sunday mornings... has other commitments apparently
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House
Old 23 Oct 2017, 23:09 (Ref:3775988)   #67
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScotsBrutesFan View Post
So the real brain ache is whether ...

Gasley is now going to be the replacement driver of Kyvat again only this time in what was originally Sainz's car ?

Or is Gasley resuming his seat in what was Kyvat's car with Hartley now switching over to replace Kyvat in what was Sainz's car ?

And whether there are any penalties due on either of the chassis this time around?

My head hurts re-reading that to make sure it says what I think I'm actually asking.
There is an engine penalty coming for one of the cars isn't there? Mr Hartley took one for the team at CotA...

Maybe he can do/will be asked to do that again.. 20th to 13th is good showing for not knowing the procedures..
Old 23 Oct 2017, 23:17 (Ref:3775990)   #68
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Mark Hughes' View

"As good as Verstappen...." is a bit of a stretch....

But it was great to see someone so happy around the place. Ran a very close second to the perpetually smiling Honey Badger...
Old 23 Oct 2017, 23:26 (Ref:3775993)   #69
Armco Bender
Veteran

New Zealand
My sheep are so excited they've started drinking Red Bull....https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HUnYWLuzbp4
Old 24 Oct 2017, 15:48 (Ref:3776152)   #70
knighty
Veteran

England
Essex
knighty should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridknighty should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I think Hartley needs to do is drop the floppy hair-do......go full skin-head like when Roy Keane cleaned up his act and came back like a man possessed........back in the days when he was part of the red-bull driver program he stank of an arrogant up-start who cared more about his hair style.

I think what he has achieved in other formula since going his own way is a testament to his metal and commitment, Dr Marko was right to give him another chance.

then there is the small matter of the potential to sell oil-tanker loads of red-bull in the NewZeland market, if Hartley is still in the TR seat for the Australia round in 2018, the PR in NewZeland will go into over-drive for RB fizzy-pop sales.
Old 24 Oct 2017, 15:56 (Ref:3776156)   #71
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
He has admitted to a couple of tiny mistakes due to inexperience. Apart from that he did a brilliant job. Would have loved to see how he went if he started from where he qualified. Ironic Kyvat gets dropped after putting in a good performance on his return, but he should have showed that determination earlier. With a race under his belt, Hartley should do even better in Mexico
Old 24 Oct 2017, 21:57 (Ref:3776258)   #72
Number4
Racer

England
The Dead South
Quote:
Originally Posted by knighty View Post

then there is the small matter of the potential to sell oil-tanker loads of red-bull in the NewZeland market, if Hartley is still in the TR seat for the Australia round in 2018, the PR in NewZeland will go into over-drive for RB fizzy-pop sales.
New Zealand has half the population of London, they struggle to consume an oil tanker full of oil.
If a truck crashes into a hedge it is breaking news for a week. Hartley in F1 will be already up there with the moon landings and JFK's assassination.

If you hold him down I will do the business with the clippers.

Last edited by Number4; 24 Oct 2017 at 22:12.
Old 24 Oct 2017, 22:00 (Ref:3776259)   #73
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Although bear in mind that the All Blacks lost at the weekend, so it might not be the top news story.
Old 24 Oct 2017, 22:35 (Ref:3776265)   #74
Number4
Racer

England
The Dead South
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam43 View Post
Although bear in mind that the All Blacks lost at the weekend, so it might not be the top news story.
Other way around. They will be in a state of denial, shock, disgust, more denial, self loathing, even more denial, self pity.
This feel good story will probably prevent a few dozen suicides.
Old 24 Oct 2017, 22:45 (Ref:3776268)   #75
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by knighty View Post
I think Hartley needs to do is drop the floppy hair-do......go full skin-head like when Roy Keane cleaned up his act and came back like a man possessed........back in the days when he was part of the red-bull driver program he stank of an arrogant up-start who cared more about his hair style.
not sure what his story was with the teams and the cars but he never quite delivered on the hype when he was with red bull. on that basis red bull were right to bin him off, and he's made a great career out of his post-red bull era. it's worked out well for everyone in that sense.

not sure about the arrogance, he didn't come across brilliantly in the post-session interviews at the weekend but i think that's down to how he articulates himself. the aussies kinda speak in the same way about themselves with a different accent and a bit more enthusiasm.