Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Barn Finds > ChampCar World Series

Old 9 Jan 2003, 17:02 (Ref:468603)   #1
MolsonBoy
Racer

MolsonBoy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Tag to RocketSports

A translation from a Montreal Newspaper:

Tagliani will control at RocketSports - It is a quotation of Martin Leclerc of the Newspaper of Montreal the team Player's and the owner of the new team, Paul Gentillozzi, concluded an agreement in principle yesterday aiming at ensuring the transfer of the pilot of Lachenaie.

"We are at ease with the terms of the agreement and the agent of Alexandre, Will Prappas, is him too. You can write that we concluded the business with Rocketsport, with less than one major reversal occurs at the court of the night", declared yesterday a source from Player's.

Tagliani is bound by contract with Player's until the end of the season 2003.To honour its contract, Player's however made efforts to ensure the transfer of TAG within another stable of quality.

Of long negotiations with the best NH with the championship, do not have however leads to nothing. Whereas Player's was committed defraying the wages of the pilot, NH required in more than the Canadian stable pays a considerable amount of money to him. Several people have advanced the figure of 500000$. CLEARLY HANDICAPPED There thus never was agreement and the leaders of NH negotiate now with three pilots to which they have accordédes tests deprived at the court of the winter.

The French Sebastien Bourdais, who ran in formula 3000 the season spent, as well as the Ryan-hunter-reay American would be most likely to obtain the job and to make team with Brézilien Bruno Jonquiéra. Instead of finding itself within a team of point, Tagliani thus finds refuge within a stable which will carry out its first steps in series CART and which will launch only a monoplaceen track at the beginning of season. They will act for him of a major disadvantage. The pilot of québécois will however côtoiera people who know the motor race well, since the RocketSports stable since was longtempsdistinguée within the championship Trans-Am, of ancienchampionnat IMSA, just as at the 24 Hours of Daytona. Joined in Laurentides, where it looked after an unpleasant intestinal influenza, Tagliani preferred not to comment on its imminent transfer chhez RocketSports. "I would prefer to wait to have documents written in hand".
Old 9 Jan 2003, 17:45 (Ref:468630)   #2
djb
Veteran

djb should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddjb should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddjb should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddjb should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
vivre les net translating services----NOT.

thanks for putting it up anyway, but it was a tad hard to read (I liked the bit about him looking after an unpleasant stomach bug, got it at the SPCA perhaps?)
Old 9 Jan 2003, 17:50 (Ref:468633)   #3
Jordi
Veteran

Catalonia
Vilafranca del Penedés, CATALONIA
Jordi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJordi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
So, Tags at Rocketsports? What about Max then?
Old 9 Jan 2003, 17:59 (Ref:468642)   #4
Snrub
Veteran

Canada
London, Ontario, Canada
Snrub should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSnrub should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
That's good news. You have to give Players credit, most teams/companies wouldn't be nice enough to do all they've done for Tag.
Old 9 Jan 2003, 18:25 (Ref:468665)   #5
JohnSSC
Veteran

Slovenia
Pittsburgh
JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!
The translation was "clearly handicapped!" They were going from French to what? Pig Latin?

Glad Tags got out of his contract ethically and has what I hope will be a decent ride with Gentilozzi.
"He's still a young guy and I always think, slightly morbidly, the last thing you learn is how to die and at the end of the day everybody learns every single day." - The Ever-Cheerfull Ron Dennis on Lewis Hamilton.
Old 9 Jan 2003, 19:45 (Ref:468751)   #6
macdaddy
Veteran

Canada
St.Catharines Ontario
macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!
Great news! I like Tags. And he's Canadian. So it's win-win.
Old 9 Jan 2003, 22:36 (Ref:468919)   #7
mac
Veteran

mac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridmac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridmac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Re: Tag to RocketSports

Quote:
Originally posted by MolsonBoy
the pilot of Lachenaie.
Sounds like a movie.
Old 9 Jan 2003, 23:38 (Ref:468989)   #8
f1manoz
Veteran

Australia
Lincolnshire, UK
f1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Good news for Tags. Where will Max go?
Old 9 Jan 2003, 23:56 (Ref:469003)   #9
The Snout
Veteran

Australia
The Snout should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Max can drive the pacecar, sounds like the guy has had a few chances but hasn't sealed any. Always a seat in ALMS for him.
Old 10 Jan 2003, 00:24 (Ref:469031)   #10
Liz
Veteran

Liz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLiz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Max arrogantly said "They need me more than I need them." To which clearly the answer was "Oh yeah?"

Good for Tags, but I would like to see the French version of this -- I'm sure I could put out a better translation than that!
Old 10 Jan 2003, 06:09 (Ref:469182)   #11
Jay
Veteran

United Nations
Canada
Jay should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
good to hear!

As for Max, he can sod off!
"I used to hate writing, but now I enjoy it. I realized that the purpose of writing is to inflate weak ideas, obscure poor reasoning, and inhibit clarity. With a little practice, writing can be an intimidating and impenetrable fog!" - Calvin and Hobbes
Old 10 Jan 2003, 06:17 (Ref:469186)   #12
¡As-de-mim!
Veteran

¡As-de-mim! should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Report: Tagliani to drives to new team
Jan. 9, 2003. 03:25 PM

MONTREAL (CP) — Alex Tagliani of Lachenaie, Que., will drive the new Rocketsports entry in the CART championship this year, according to a published report.

The Player's-Forsythe team, which had Tagliani under contract for 2003, completed a transfer agreement on Wednesday with Rocketsports owner Paul Gentilozza, Le Journal de Montreal reported in Thursday's editions.

Rocketsports, which has had success on the Trans-Am circuit, plans to start the CART season with only one car.

Tagliani was the odd man out when Player's signed veteran Paul Tracy of Toronto at the end of the 2002 season and then decided to keep driver Patrick Carpentier of Joliette, Que., as its second driver.

Player's had been shopping Tagliani to other teams. Negotiations to have him join Newman-Haas ended when the American team reportedly demanded that Player's throw in $500,000 US.

Reached at his home north of Montreal, Tagliani said he would not comment "until I've got the signed papers in my hands."
Old 10 Jan 2003, 07:37 (Ref:469216)   #13
macdaddy
Veteran

Canada
St.Catharines Ontario
macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!
Why would Players even consider handing Haas half a million bucks? They'd already be "giving" him the $1.5M to pay the driver's salary. What was Haas trying to prove? Is it because Bourdais is bringing a cool 2 mil in sponsorship to the table?
Old 10 Jan 2003, 12:27 (Ref:469812)   #14
Liz
Veteran

Liz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLiz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Haas is always a man for the main chance, as I hear.

But I'm glad Tags doesn't have Max' attitude. It is better to drive for some team than no team, even if it's not your first choice. And PG is an experienced racer and team owner, so it's not like he is starting from the basement.
Old 10 Jan 2003, 13:03 (Ref:470037)   #15
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
BootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I think this package will win races and finish top 10. Tags still ahs some rough edges in his driving, but gradually they are smoothing out. Players probably were right not to keep him on, but I expect him to do pretty well for Paul. Probably a better choice than Max, especialyl with his salary paid.
Old 13 Jan 2003, 01:28 (Ref:472604)   #16
Minardi4eva
Rookie

Minardi4eva should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Max is a great driver-how could you say that?!?!?!?!?!?

Old 13 Jan 2003, 02:53 (Ref:472661)   #17
Snrub
Veteran

Canada
London, Ontario, Canada
Snrub should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSnrub should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Personally I would rank Tag and Max about the same.
Old 13 Jan 2003, 03:19 (Ref:472674)   #18
Liz
Veteran

Tags hasn't hit his teammate anywhere near as many times as Max has.
Old 16 Jan 2003, 22:11 (Ref:476675)   #19
muggle not
Veteran

United States
North Carolina, U.S.
muggle not should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmuggle not should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Max Papis to Drive for JMB Racing USA Team Ferrari at Rolex 24

DAYTONA BEACH, Fla. (January 15, 2003) -- JMB Racing USA Team Ferrari announced today that Max Papis will drive for the team at the 41st Rolex 24 At Daytona, Feb. 1-2. Papis, who has raced competitively at Daytona since 1998, has finished on the class podium at the Rolex 24 every year except for 2001 when engine failure cut short his team's efforts. The Italian driver won his class in 2000 and captured the overall victory with Doran Lista Racing last year at the classic twice-around-the-clock event.