Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > National & Club Racing

Old 27 Oct 2002, 17:45 (Ref:414826)   #1
Nissan
Rookie

Nissan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Saloon race car owners ' to race or not race in 2003'

To all fellow saloon race car owners, how many of you that own or control the running of the car will be running in 2003 and in which series, especially ex super tourers or saloons eligable for the BARC Formula Saloons, if you are not racing please state your reasons, please be honest as it will be very interesting to find out what has happened to all the saloon cars that once raced and to see what needs to be done to bring you out again. !!!!!!

I will start it off, a Nissan Primera Super Tourer to run in Formula Saloons.
Old 27 Oct 2002, 21:10 (Ref:414982)   #2
ss_collins
Veteran

Nigeria
Mooresville, NC
ss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Possibly an XR2 to race in Ford saloons, or perhaps another golf in SEMSEC or perhaps no more saloons and no more racing. entry fees - oh weve been there!
Old 28 Oct 2002, 10:12 (Ref:415312)   #3
Slowcoach
Racer

Slowcoach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Rover SD1, Classic Thunder (CTCRC) I will be doing my best to support all rounds of this championship as we need to improve grids to survive, but I am not willing to travel so far next season as I did this year (e.g. Croft) - due both to financial and time considerations, I will be looking to compete in anything I can more locally (e.g. Brands Hatch) and anything with longer races (e.g. 1 hour) so that I can share the driving and costs with a friend.
Old 28 Oct 2002, 11:28 (Ref:415361)   #4
Stephen Green
Race Official
Veteran

England
Faversham, Kent
Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!
Nissan, were you at Brands with Rod for the FFF?
Old 28 Oct 2002, 12:16 (Ref:415399)   #5
Stacy
Veteran

Australia
Stacy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridStacy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
After firmly deciding I would not be doing a full season next year due to work commitments, I've now persuaded myself that I should at least do every round for as long as a championship defence is on.

So I'll be running in Group 1 Touring Cars in the Mazda RX7.

Classic Thunder regs for next year look interesting too, so may well start a garage project for that.

Stacy
Old 28 Oct 2002, 17:35 (Ref:415660)   #6
Nissan
Rookie

Nissan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
No Stephen, unfortunatly we modified our Nissan at the last Brands meeting and are still awaiting the car back from the bodyshop.
Old 7 Nov 2002, 15:45 (Ref:423882)   #7
Dom
Racer

United Kingdom
Rayleigh, Essex
Dom should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hopefully (funds permitting) i'll be back in the Ford Saloons now with proper race engine.
Old 7 Nov 2002, 16:00 (Ref:423890)   #8
Maisie
Veteran

Maisie should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Good to hear, Dom! I've got a nice pic of you sideways at Russell at Snetterton the other week if you'd like it.
Old 7 Nov 2002, 16:20 (Ref:423902)   #9
Dom
Racer

United Kingdom
Rayleigh, Essex
Hi Maisie! You sure it was me since I havn't been to Snett for a while... oh and the car is now blue after reshelling due to big crash at Mallory. Still number 26 though!
Old 7 Nov 2002, 22:15 (Ref:424158)   #10
Maisie
Veteran

It was definitely a Fiesta with "Ryan" on the rear window. *shrug*
Old 8 Nov 2002, 09:19 (Ref:424433)   #11
Dom
Racer

United Kingdom
Rayleigh, Essex
Ah! probably me then! Come to think of it last time I was at Snett the Minis were there too...

Do you have the offending photo online? I'd be most interested!
Old 8 Nov 2002, 10:05 (Ref:424460)   #12
Maisie
Veteran

- I knew there was something I meant to bring with me to work today - I've got the pics on CD at home so I'll post them later or get Chris to do it.
Old 8 Nov 2002, 17:18 (Ref:424720)   #13
Maisie
Veteran

Found 'em!

Pic1
Attached Thumbnails
dom1.jpg  
Old 8 Nov 2002, 17:19 (Ref:424721)   #14
Maisie
Veteran

And number 2. Sorry they're a bit dark!
Attached Thumbnails
dom2.jpg  
Old 9 Nov 2002, 11:53 (Ref:425060)   #15
Dom
Racer

United Kingdom
Rayleigh, Essex
Cheers Maisie!
Old 9 Nov 2002, 12:52 (Ref:425092)   #16
ss_collins
Veteran

Nigeria
Mooresville, NC
ss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Ere youve nicked my old number! I used to race number 26 in ford saloons, with richard smith as number 25.
Old 9 Nov 2002, 19:49 (Ref:425255)   #17
Dom
Racer

United Kingdom
Rayleigh, Essex
was it a lucky number for you?! I managed a 3rd in class for the championship in 2001 my first ever season racing! however it's all gone downhill this year...
Old 16 Nov 2002, 00:46 (Ref:429664)   #18
ss_collins
Veteran

Nigeria
Mooresville, NC
I got 3rd in class in 2000 with car 26 in ford saloons in first ever years racing as well quite bizzare! - and its all gone downhill, uphill over crest into four right, muddy since then... erm.
Old 22 Nov 2002, 14:52 (Ref:434711)   #19
Muppett
Rookie

Muppett should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
want to race a vectra with swansea institute

hey im chris
I have a project at uni in form of a btcc vectra but it needs some work and may not be out for a while. what i really need is to get to the championship and people in it so that the uni will help fund the project. so please let me know of anything you think may help me to launch this team and give future students the chance to gain valid experience in the field they whish to work
Old 1 Dec 2002, 21:02 (Ref:440728)   #20
greenamex2
Veteran

England
Hertfordshire
greenamex2 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Apologies for getting back to the original subject but I do intend to keep racing in the Modified Production Saloons next year. Particularly as numbers are picking up and the sponsor is getting more involved.

On the subject of Formula Saloons, could be interested if sub two litre cars didn't have to reach a minimum weight (certainly not 1050Kg).
Old 5 Dec 2002, 11:44 (Ref:443185)   #21
G.Walker
Racer

Scotland
G.Walker should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
building a Vauxhall Firenza for Post Historic Touring Cars (Lester Stacy)

Lester, it will be good to see another Firenza appearing in the Classic Package again some time in the future. My father and uncle have both campaigned their Firenza over the years, with the last appearance coming in the final Group One race of 2001 at Donnington Pk where they took the class win. The car might appear again in this coming season in the Post Historic Series where we hope it will be even more competitive.
Old 5 Dec 2002, 11:48 (Ref:443188)   #22
Stephen Green
Race Official
Veteran

England
Faversham, Kent
Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!
Welcome to ten-tenths!
Old 5 Dec 2002, 15:08 (Ref:443377)   #23
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Well, Ý'm locked ýnto a job ýn Turkey but before Ý left home last week I passed my medýcal and sent off for the lýcence. So, all beýng well Ý'll get out a few týmes next year. BTW. I can drýve a car better than I can handle a Turkýsh keyboard!!! (Although some would say ýts margýnal)
Old 5 Dec 2002, 15:33 (Ref:443394)   #24
Stephen Green
Race Official
Veteran

England
Faversham, Kent
I wondered why you had been absent from the keyboard Mr Mallett!