Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > NASCAR & Stock Car Racing

Old 12 Aug 2013, 11:54 (Ref:3288774)   #1
Cynic
Veteran

England
Somwhere Near Reading.UK
Cynic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Whose going to replace Smoke?

By all accounts it's unlikely Tony will be back before the Chase starts, so who should the team get to fill in?

The latest comments from Greg Zipadelli suggest that they'd like to get a Nationwide driver doing double-duty where possible. As SHR and JRM are both effectively Hendrick B-teams I wonder if Regan Smith might be the option?
Old 12 Aug 2013, 15:40 (Ref:3288861)   #2
Marcus666
Racer

Sweden
Marcus666 has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Too bad all the road course races are over now. Sweden has a new Nascar guy in production: Alx Danielsson. He's gonna drive at the Mid Ohio Nationwide race...
Old 12 Aug 2013, 16:18 (Ref:3288870)   #3
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I think Derricke Cope is available.

Last edited by fieldodreams79; 12 Aug 2013 at 16:30.
Old 12 Aug 2013, 20:03 (Ref:3288970)   #4
HJJ
Veteran

United States
Hoschburg, just outside of Brasleburg.
HJJ should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHJJ should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHJJ should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
SHR has named 23-year-old Austin Dillon interim driver of the #14 Mobil 1/Bass Pro Shops Chevy for the Pure Michigan 400 event Aug. 16-18 at Michigan International Speedway in Brooklyn. Dillon is the 2011 NASCAR Camping World Truck Series champion and competes full-time in the NASCAR Nationwide Series, where he currently leads the championship standings. SHR has not determined who the interim driver of the #14 Chevy will be for the Sprint Cup Series following race Aug. 24 at Bristol Motor Speedway.(Stewart-Haas Racing)(8-21-2013)
Old 13 Aug 2013, 02:26 (Ref:3289087)   #5
Lanky Turtle
Veteran

Lanky Turtle should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridLanky Turtle should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridLanky Turtle should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridLanky Turtle should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I was hoping Bill Elliott or Ricky Rudd would get the nod. Maybe Geoff Bodine. But not Lil' Cowboy.
Old 13 Aug 2013, 03:09 (Ref:3289090)   #6
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Yeah, "Awesome" Bill is busy grooming Chase and the Rooster is acting on Dallas or something. Geoff or Geoffry is still having Daytona 2000 flashbacks.....

I hate the hat, but the boy has proven his worth; logical chose. And I am sure Pop Pop had nothing to do with it.

As for the remainder of the season, if Austin can't do them all (I haven't compared the NW and Cup schedule), chose an RCR driver or another driver whose team has Hendrick engines.

Biggest question now is when/if Smoke will come back this season. In all honesty, I've had a love/hate relationship over the years with him, but he is a throwback, and has been become my favorite driver. Losing interest in this season more and more.....

Wishing Smoke a quick recovery.

Last edited by fieldodreams79; 13 Aug 2013 at 03:15.
Old 13 Aug 2013, 09:23 (Ref:3289179)   #7
Cynic
Veteran

England
Somwhere Near Reading.UK
Cynic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Have to admit I was surpised the choice of Dillon, but then I guess Grandad needs him to get as much cup seat time as possible...

Smoke strikes me as being from the 'if it has four wheels and an engine I'll race it' school. Logic would say if you're out of the chase then take the rest of the year off and get fit for Daytona, but somehow I can't see Tony relaxing on the golf course.
Old 13 Aug 2013, 11:26 (Ref:3289223)   #8
canamman
Veteran

United States
canamman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridcanamman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridcanamman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I like the Dillon choice. Kinda suprised he was available from RCR. Thought they may of wanted him to stay focused on the nwide championship. Richard probably considered the bigger picture with the opportunity at hand. Is there any other sport in the world where you can play for 2 different teams at the same time? One has to ponder how deep in the shop Dillon will be allowed to wonder. Probably not to many secrets to be had but still curious.
Old 14 Aug 2013, 02:09 (Ref:3289501)   #9
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by fieldodreams79 View Post
I think Derricke Cope is available.
Pick me!

Old 18 Aug 2013, 15:09 (Ref:3291329)   #10
HJJ
Veteran

United States
HJJ should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHJJ should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHJJ should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Deal could put Martin in #14 seat: A deal is in the works that would offer Brian Vickers more seat time in the #55 Aaron's Toyota  and allow Mark Martin to pursue the opportunity to drive the #14 for the injured Tony Stewart. On Saturday, multiple sources told Fox Sports that Toyota offered Martin its blessing in order to enable Vickers  who was named the full-time driver of the #55 Michael Waltrip Racing Camry on Tuesday  additional races to gel with the team. Vickers is currently racing for the Nationwide Series championship with Joe Gibbs Racing. He is fifth in the NNS point standings. Before SHR inquired on Martin's behalf, the plan was for Vickers to race at Bristol, Martinsville and New Hampshire, where he raced last month. Team owner Michael Waltrip is scheduled to drive the #55 at Talladega. Martin originally was signed up for the balance of races. Certainly, MWR and Aaron's would have to sign off on Martin before SHR can green light the deal. If everything goes according to plan, he could be part of SHR's roster announcement expected late Monday.(FoxSports)(8-18-2013)
Old 19 Aug 2013, 11:43 (Ref:3291684)   #11
HJJ
Veteran

United States
Quote:
UPDATE 2: Mark Martin will be named Tony Stewart's substitute in the #14 Stewart-Haas Racing car. An announcement is set for Monday afternoon.(FoxSports)(8-19-2013)
Old 19 Aug 2013, 20:36 (Ref:3291843)   #12
HJJ
Veteran

United States
Smoke out the rest of the year. Dillon & Martin to replace him.

http://www.autoweek.com/article/2013...AR01/130819794

More time for soda cookies.
Old 19 Aug 2013, 23:52 (Ref:3291885)   #13
canamman
Veteran

United States
canamman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridcanamman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridcanamman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by HJJ View Post
Smoke out the rest of the year. Dillon & Martin to replace him.

http://www.autoweek.com/article/2013...AR01/130819794

Just as well. No need to rush back. He may be working a 4th car for the team next year with Kurt Busch. Just a rumor right now I think. Either way he will be plenty busy while he is healing.
Old 20 Aug 2013, 01:25 (Ref:3291907)   #14
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Quote:
Originally Posted by HJJ View Post
I honestly can't think of anything more disgusting to eat. I do like the whiskey cookie on the bottom of soda....
Old 21 Aug 2013, 23:19 (Ref:3292567)   #15
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by fieldodreams79 View Post
I honestly can't think of anything more disgusting to eat. I do like the whiskey cookie on the bottom of soda....
I about fell out of my chair the first time I saw that though.
Old 22 Aug 2013, 01:53 (Ref:3292591)   #16
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Quote:
Originally Posted by JHamilton View Post
I about fell out of my chair the first time I saw that though.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y4OioQoxDB4
^that is funnier.