Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Other Motorsports > Bike Racing

Old 23 Jul 2009, 15:22 (Ref:2506690)   #1
jhansen
Veteran

United States
California
jhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Moto GP Round 10 - Farewell Donington

Round 10 of the 2009 Moto GP championship is upon us. After a one week turn around the Moto GP circus descends on Donington Park perhaps for the last time. Well at least for a hiatus, as Silverstone beckons for next year.

Rossi declares that he’d like to win at Donington one last time, and who can bet against him? He is certainly looking strong as he has now built up a 14 point gap over Jorge Lorenzo. A 14 point gap also separates Casey Stoner, who is in third place. The fourth member of the fab four is Dani Pedrosa, who is in fourth place and some 40 points behind Stoner. Surly the potential Donington winner must come from this group of four, who are the only ones to manage a victory this season. In fact, aside from Marco Melandri's podium visit at Lemans, the top four riders are the only ones to stand on the rostrum so far this season.

Here's a link to the Bike Forum's somewhat twisted version of fantasy racing. Please join the madness.

http://tentenths.com/forum/showthread.php?t=117190
Old 23 Jul 2009, 17:30 (Ref:2506723)   #2
DavidStHubbins
Veteran

United Kingdom
DavidStHubbins should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Mass suckage at the demise of Donington as a bike GP track. I have great memories of being there for Rossi's first 500gp win, Waldmann's surprise win from the back in 250cc and much more. Such a great spectator track and enjoyable for the riders too.

I will NOT be going to Silverstone! Business and politics do my nut in.

I raise a 2 litre pint glass of ale to this weekend while throwing meat bones over my shoulder - may it be a good one. (That means Rossi winning in style)

Old 23 Jul 2009, 17:42 (Ref:2506727)   #3
jhansen
Veteran

United States
California
jhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidStHubbins View Post
I raise a 2 litre pint glass of ale to this weekend while throwing meat bones over my shoulder

I guess I don't have a very good understanding of you Brits...
Old 23 Jul 2009, 17:50 (Ref:2506734)   #4
Dani Filth
Race Official
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest
Dani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
David's having a barbeque in the back yard .. and good on him

Ciao Marco
Old 23 Jul 2009, 19:30 (Ref:2506775)   #5
KSM86
Veteran

Australia
Sydney
KSM86 has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Mr Ralf waldmann will be making a comeback on a 250cc.
Old 24 Jul 2009, 15:31 (Ref:2507193)   #6
jhansen
Veteran

United States
California
Partially wet first session with the usual suspects at the top. Pedrobot is coming on form.
Old 24 Jul 2009, 15:36 (Ref:2507197)   #7
Andy77
Veteran

Andy77 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Waldi 18th after first practice with just 2.7 secs down
Old 24 Jul 2009, 15:37 (Ref:2507198)   #8
jhansen
Veteran

United States
California
Is it just me, or does Friday seem rather pointless these days?
Old 24 Jul 2009, 15:45 (Ref:2507205)   #9
Andy77
Veteran

well for the riders experience on the circuit, in different weathers maybe too, it still is worth something. but for the odd spectator without first quali it is just dull
Old 24 Jul 2009, 19:31 (Ref:2507307)   #10
djb
Veteran

djb should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddjb should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddjb should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddjb should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidStHubbins View Post
Waldmann's surprise win from the back in 250cc and much more. Such a great spectator track and enjoyable for the riders too.

I particularly remember that race, he was on wets or dries, i forget which way his gamble went, but but was a great last corner zinger wasnt it? Was it the same race weekend as Rossis first 500 win? I'm pretty certain I have a vhs of the Rossi win...
Old 24 Jul 2009, 23:52 (Ref:2507423)   #11
Andy77
Veteran

Waldi all the way .
Man, all the races he won from very unfortunate positions like throwing it into the gravel twice and still coming back
A very positive nutter all the way. Someone noticed his haircut though? Really like in the good ole days
Old 25 Jul 2009, 08:49 (Ref:2507514)   #12
KSM86
Veteran

Australia
Sydney
haha doesnt he have Baldi written on the back of his leathers?? i thought i saw it during the coverage yesterday, great guy
Old 25 Jul 2009, 09:06 (Ref:2507523)   #13
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
It was 2000 when Waldmann beat Jacques on teh last corner after he and Matsudo had dryer tyres than everyeone else. Jay Vincent was also in the top three util these two blasted past late on on theri way to the podium!

It was also the race that Vale won his first 500 GP on, and what a race, McWilliams was leading with Roberts and Jezza was tailsliding the Aprilia as much as McCoy used to as he was on rain tyres that were knackered!! Was also very fired up as oey had died that week so Irish eyes were on him

Brilliant weekend and the ebst bit, only 15.peopoe there so was easy to get in and out!! Unlike this weekend I imagine!!
Old 25 Jul 2009, 13:17 (Ref:2507650)   #14
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Oh dear

Just been watching the footage on red button and is good to be in Britain coz we dont skimpon sounds with the cameras!!

Is so sad to hear every bike stuttering, missing and TC'ing everywhere
]
Vermuelen went past and for nearly the entire time on camera the thing was missing and stuttering.

Utterly awful to watch and I feel for anyone who paid to watch such drivel I really do. Like watching Scalextric bikes
Old 25 Jul 2009, 22:13 (Ref:2508036)   #15
jhansen
Veteran

United States
California
Same ole runners at the front.

Aspar announced that they will run a Ducati privateer bike next year.
Old 25 Jul 2009, 23:02 (Ref:2508068)   #16
KSM86
Veteran

Australia
Sydney
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wpgrIBaOQUI

hahah sorry to bring this up again, just love the look on Jaques pit crew haha
Old 26 Jul 2009, 09:10 (Ref:2508210)   #17
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
Who on earth would want to be on an Aspar Ducati next year!!

I can imagine they will have no takers!! That bike is a nail in the career coffin!! Maybe Toseland??
Old 26 Jul 2009, 18:21 (Ref:2508544)   #18
DavidStHubbins
Veteran

United Kingdom
WTF! de Puniet stays on to the end AND finishes on the podium. Wow. I was just waiting for him to spit himself off the track.

Ducati - get into the dunce corner.
Old 26 Jul 2009, 20:13 (Ref:2508602)   #19
Andy77
Veteran

Thanks KSM .... one of the greatest race finals ever. I rate it as high as the arnoux-villeneuve battle at dijon 79
too bad ralfi couldnt do it again when his gamble looked like it would pay off
Old 26 Jul 2009, 20:50 (Ref:2508629)   #20
DavidStHubbins
Veteran

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by KSM86 View Post

The commentators at the track were wetting themselves over the tannoys, but I didn't think there was enough time to make it to the front. Wrong! Ralfi was shooting fish in a barrel that day.
Old 27 Jul 2009, 13:55 (Ref:2509222)   #21
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Kent+Mojacar Spain, but not always ?
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
Well it was a question of who's going to fall off next. Even Rossi found the limit and to me Dovzioso rode a brilliant sensible race as Dani obviously didn't want to hurt himself any more , and as for the Ducati team they certainly got it wrong, but why the F*** didn't they bring them in after a couple of laps ? Well done to De Puniet for not doing his usual
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 31 Jul 2009, 00:03 (Ref:2512066)   #22
ghinzani
Race Official
Veteran

ghinzani should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridghinzani should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Sadly my Eurosport coverage recorded on the Sky plus got overwritten by Peppa Pig or somesuch before I could watch it so I had to watch the appalling BBC coverage on the I player. Great race mind you, but Charlie Cox give it a break you retard. Your forced bonhommie and funny only to yourself comments ruin the BBCs coverage. Get the world feed boys in who do the 125 and 250s for the BBC red button to do it instead BBC, save yourself a few quid on what you pay for Cox. Thats if you pay him at all, or is he a care in the community case?
Old 31 Jul 2009, 09:14 (Ref:2512252)   #23
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
I wouldnt quite go that far Ghin but he is a reason why I cant stand watching it. But then again I often find myself chuckling at things he says which is utterly annoying!!

"Nightmare in a bubble car" And what is this damned "shuffle" he keeps talking about? A term that no other commentator has seen fir to use, and if I hear anything abotu magnets again.... "Tat must be very focusing!!" WTF

And if Parrish says Canepi instead of Canepa again after being told not to for months, for Gods sake.

At least make it a bit obvious you are there for some other reason than the booze, free meals and trips, coz so foar that is all it seems to be.
Old 3 Aug 2009, 22:42 (Ref:2515033)   #24
Pondo
Rookie

Pondo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by KSM86 View Post

That's just brilliant.
Old 3 Aug 2009, 22:44 (Ref:2515034)   #25
Pondo
Rookie

Pondo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I reckon Cox and Parrish are all right - they're not brilliant, but their biggest problem is that they have to compare with the incomparable Toby and Julian.

Biiiiig boots to try to fill....