Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Closed Thread

Old 9 Mar 2011, 07:29 (Ref:2842509)   #26
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
'We're doomed, Mr. Mainwaring, we're doomed...........'
Old 9 Mar 2011, 09:33 (Ref:2842580)   #27
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Crap. That's scuppered my plans slightly.
Old 9 Mar 2011, 10:43 (Ref:2842618)   #28
Le Vieux
Veteran

Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!
It rather looks as though the people running Kangaroo TV are a load of wallabies.
Old 9 Mar 2011, 16:02 (Ref:2842776)   #29
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I guess the F1 tunnel vision mentality has struck again.....
Old 9 Mar 2011, 21:00 (Ref:2842981)   #30
maximus
Veteran

United Kingdom
Yorkshire
maximus should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmaximus should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Wow don't write it off yet! They still are supplying NASCAR and that isn't on the site. It has been very popular at Le Mans by many accounts so I find it odd that they would suddenly stop supplying an event that is very likely making them money? Lets wait for an official response.

Edit: Their Twitter mentions supplying Le Mans and what people used to know it as at the race before the re-branding in a couple of responses so it could still be there? Twitter

(Of course if they have stopped supporting Le Mans that would be a huge travesty!)

Last edited by maximus; 9 Mar 2011 at 21:04. Reason: Added a Twitter update
Old 9 Mar 2011, 21:34 (Ref:2843003)   #31
maximus
Veteran

United Kingdom
Yorkshire
maximus should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmaximus should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Following up my post I've sent them a message on Twitter asking if there is a service this year.
Old 9 Mar 2011, 22:13 (Ref:2843030)   #32
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Good idea. I just did the same so we'll see what they say.
Old 10 Mar 2011, 08:28 (Ref:2843215)   #33
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Thanks very much maximus
Old 10 Mar 2011, 13:36 (Ref:2843394)   #34
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
I havent gotten a reply from Mark Peltier yet either ..... he was the rep who was on this site last year .

Shame if it isnt available this year .
Old 10 Mar 2011, 20:35 (Ref:2843558)   #35
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I have just got an email. It is now called FanVision. Terrible name, but I'll still be getting it. It looks like it might be a better devise too. However there is no mention of Le Mans yet...
http://f1.fanvision.com/Shop?utm_sou...ion-transition
Old 11 Mar 2011, 06:47 (Ref:2843758)   #36
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Yeah , i wrote them an email and got the same as you got , above .

Doesnt look like there will be a Le Mans event on their schedule ..... shame !!!
Old 11 Mar 2011, 08:30 (Ref:2843805)   #37
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
If that's the case, I lose interest completely..........
Old 11 Mar 2011, 08:47 (Ref:2843817)   #38
NelisB
Veteran

Netherlands
Deventer
NelisB should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Just saw this on their twitter: "@The_Maximus @RichardSimpson1 No word for Le Mans yet, hope to announce yes or no very soon! Will update asap!"
Old 11 Mar 2011, 08:58 (Ref:2843819)   #39
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Badger View Post
Yeah , i wrote them an email and got the same as you got , above .
I suspect that email is a marketing mailshot which has been sent out by coincidence just after your email to them. I say that, because I received it too, but have made no attempt to contact them.
Old 11 Mar 2011, 09:03 (Ref:2843821)   #40
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by NelisB View Post
Just saw this on their twitter: "@The_Maximus @RichardSimpson1 No word for Le Mans yet, hope to announce yes or no very soon! Will update asap!"
Thanks for posting that. So, whilst many of us have been sitting here hoping they will announce the promised Arnage/Mulsanne enclosure coverage for 2011, we are now wondering if there'll be any coverage at all. Fingers crossed then.
Old 11 Mar 2011, 10:30 (Ref:2843862)   #41
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
It would be seriously disappointing after a slow year in 09 and what appeared to be good business in 10 for Le Mans to be dropped.
Old 11 Mar 2011, 12:37 (Ref:2843916)   #42
NelisB
Veteran

Netherlands
Deventer
NelisB should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
It would be seriously disappointing after a slow year in 09 and what appeared to be good business in 10 for Le Mans to be dropped.
I also enjoyed it in 2008 when I went. I would be massivly disappointed if they don't have the tv for 2011. It gives so much more information when watching the race.
Old 11 Mar 2011, 20:14 (Ref:2844190)   #43
maximus
Veteran

United Kingdom
Yorkshire
I was just about to post that I had a reply but NelisB quoted the response I got anyway.

I hope there is some good news soon.
Old 11 Mar 2011, 20:53 (Ref:2844207)   #44
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by NelisB View Post
Haha yes that would be me. Better then a flat no. Will cross fingers.
Old 15 Mar 2011, 17:17 (Ref:2846333)   #45
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
someone on another forum has had this reply

"I unfortunately cannot confirm yet whether we will be at Le Mans this year or not. We are working on it and we really want to be there! I’ve filed your email for follow-up when we get the final word and I will let you know as soon as possible."

so there is still hope they will be at Le Mans this year
Old 18 Mar 2011, 19:28 (Ref:2848355)   #46
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
They are now saying an announcement will be made in April about Le mans
Old 18 Mar 2011, 19:44 (Ref:2848391)   #47
maximus
Veteran

United Kingdom
Yorkshire
Thanks for the update mate.
Old 18 Mar 2011, 19:54 (Ref:2848416)   #48
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Yeah better to have the announcement pushed back then for them to say no now. They are obviously trying to see if they can sort something.
Old 18 Mar 2011, 20:02 (Ref:2848437)   #49
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
They are at least talking to the ACO, appears the change of ownership caused a few problems
Old 22 Mar 2011, 20:26 (Ref:2851465)   #50
LemansmobileTV
Advertising Partner
Rookie

LemansmobileTV should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hi everyone,

As always thanks for your interest in FanVision(formerly Kangaroo TV) at Le Mans. Unfortunately, I don't have anything to announce just yet, but I'm hopeful I'll have some good news for you within a week or two.

I will keep you posted
Closed Thread