Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Closed Thread

Old 27 Apr 2011, 22:54 (Ref:2870947)   #76
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by FanVision View Post
Apologies for the delayed reply.

We've been accessed substantial duties and levies to deliver the service to all of you in France. So much so that it would have a significant impact on pricing. This is not something we feel is in the interest of our customers and we're working to resolve this. Time is against us and we of all companies feel that Le Mans is a premier event we want to be present at. Its fans like you that keep us coming.

We have our legal team on it. We hope it can be resolved quickly.

As we find out more we'll update all of you.
Many thanks for the update, it's much appreciated!

We'll keep our fingers crossed (both for you and ourselves) in hope of a positive outcome.
Old 27 Apr 2011, 22:55 (Ref:2870949)   #77
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
How come this wasnt an issue in 2009 and 2010 ?

I had a unit both years ..... I had 2 last year in fact .

I remember a situation years ago , with respect to RLM , if they didnt know if they were going to be preseant or not .

Sorry to hear about your woes ..... I hope you get it sorted out , cuz you see ..... SPORTSCAR racing IS ..... better than F1 . What bloody F1 race has so many people as Le Mans does .

If it doesnt come about this year ..... why not try and set up a special Le Mans effort for 2012 , like a before the world ends deal ..... cuz you know its popular .

If you try and tweek the signel so folk can pick it up at Mulsanne corner or Arnage .... that would be a big issue solved .

I loved my Kangaroo !!!

I dont know the numbers that had the device with respect to Le Mans ..... but you guys looked busy all weel long .

Im gutted with this news ..... its nothing short of shocking and will take something away from the race for me .
Old 28 Apr 2011, 08:46 (Ref:2871064)   #78
nobster
Veteran

Netherlands
Eindhoven, de gekste!!!!
nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!
Using a Kangaroo last year was very much a plus for us, not having one this year would be a setback for us.
Old 28 Apr 2011, 17:36 (Ref:2871315)   #79
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Yep, I was sold on it last year and would certainly miss it if it's not available this year.
Old 28 Apr 2011, 17:59 (Ref:2871336)   #80
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
so there is still hope
Old 8 May 2011, 05:15 (Ref:2876563)   #81
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
DSC has heard (from an impeccable source ) that there will be no KangarooTV (or Fanvision) at Le Mans this year.
Old 8 May 2011, 07:41 (Ref:2876593)   #82
nobster
Veteran

Netherlands
Eindhoven, de gekste!!!!
nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bentley03 View Post
DSC has heard (from an impeccable source ) that there will be no KangarooTV (or Fanvision) at Le Mans this year.
If that is true then they have no vision for fans at all!
Old 8 May 2011, 07:50 (Ref:2876597)   #83
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by nobster View Post
If that is true then they have no vision for fans at all!
Given the probable identity of DSC's source, I would take it as true.
Old 8 May 2011, 08:12 (Ref:2876600)   #84
dwh43scale
Veteran

United Kingdom
Milton Keynes
dwh43scale should be qualifying in the top 5 on the griddwh43scale should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Shame; wanted to be a first time user this year
Old 8 May 2011, 09:09 (Ref:2876616)   #85
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I have to say I am seriously disappointed. I've no idea what lies behind the decision - whether they they didn't make enough out of it last year or if the ACO made it impossible financially, but for me, it was definitely the way of the future, and it's a real shame to lose it.....
Old 8 May 2011, 11:11 (Ref:2876687)   #86
maximus
Veteran

United Kingdom
Yorkshire
maximus should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmaximus should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm really disappointed too. I was really looking forward to using it again this year. I will be getting some live timing and using a radio but I'll miss having the camera feed wherever I go.
Old 8 May 2011, 11:36 (Ref:2876700)   #87
Acid09
Veteran

Germany
Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!
I´m less disappointed I can't make it to the race this year... this close battle is probably a nightmare to follow with just radio...
Old 8 May 2011, 12:58 (Ref:2876747)   #88
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
boooooo.
Old 8 May 2011, 16:41 (Ref:2876909)   #89
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acid09 View Post
I´m less disappointed I can't make it to the race this year... this close battle is probably a nightmare to follow with just radio...
Not really , Ive managed without KTV for years before , but it was a good device , and good value . Just made everything a little quicker and had the bonus of a live feed too .

Its sad ..... wonder why the ACO dont do something , with respect to LMS and 24 hours too .
Old 8 May 2011, 17:16 (Ref:2876926)   #90
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
I have to say I am seriously disappointed. I've no idea what lies behind the decision - whether they they didn't make enough out of it last year or if the ACO made it impossible financially, but for me, it was definitely the way of the future, and it's a real shame to lose it.....
Yep, it definitely enhanced the experience. However, now you've moved across to the to the other side of the track, you'll at least have access to timing screens in the bar at the back of our tribune.
Old 8 May 2011, 20:15 (Ref:2877033)   #91
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
A real shame. Not exactly unexpected news but still disappointing to hear. I've never used one so I can't reflect on what I've lost but I would definitely have forked out for a unit.
Old 8 May 2011, 20:26 (Ref:2877041)   #92
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bentley03 View Post
Yep, it definitely enhanced the experience. However, now you've moved across to the to the other side of the track, you'll at least have access to timing screens in the bar at the back of our tribune.

Good point - clearly a sensible move!
Old 8 May 2011, 20:40 (Ref:2877048)   #93
isynge
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!
Can see why many are disappointed, but the killer app for me, i.e. live timing and scoring, works really well on a 3G mobile phone, and given how much more competitive data roaming rates have got over the last year or so I can greet this news with a reasonable amount of equanimity.
Old 8 May 2011, 20:49 (Ref:2877051)   #94
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by isynge View Post
Can see why many are disappointed, but the killer app for me, i.e. live timing and scoring, works really well on a 3G mobile phone, and given how much more competitive data roaming rates have got over the last year or so I can greet this news with a reasonable amount of equanimity.
How much we talking? I'm on Orange with an iPhone4 but I have literally no idea about this kind of thing. I just hear about people getting lumped with huge bills when they come back from holidays.
Old 9 May 2011, 07:18 (Ref:2877229)   #95
AstonGeoff
Veteran

England
Witney
AstonGeoff should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I've got a BB on Vodafone, I used it on and off for live timing last year and my bill wasn't hugely more than any other month, maybe another £20 if memory serves me right.

I guess it depends on how much you use it, if you have the live timing on solid for the 24 hours then yes it will cost a lot, but with RLM and plenty of screens around I only used it now and again.
Old 9 May 2011, 09:31 (Ref:2877291)   #96
isynge
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simmi View Post
How much we talking? I'm on Orange with an iPhone4 but I have literally no idea about this kind of thing. I just hear about people getting lumped with huge bills when they come back from holidays.
With Vodafone I get a 25MB daily allowance when roaming. It's part of their data traveller pack - which you have to opt into at either £2 per day or £10 per month (spending life on the road I go with the latter). T&S is not particularly data heavy - I used it continuously at Spa over the weekend and didn't use the full limit. The one thing I've had to be careful with is making sure it's just the T&S browser window that's running - and a whole lot of the other background data services are off - generally do a hard reset of the device before hand and only open the services I want.

It's worth giving your provider a call and seeing what they can do for you in terms of getting you a data roaming allowance - ultimately they want you to use the phone so they get some money, not keep it switched off out of fear of huge bills resulting in them getting nothing.
Old 9 May 2011, 09:34 (Ref:2877294)   #97
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by isynge View Post
With Vodafone I get a 25MB daily allowance when roaming. It's part of their data traveller pack - which you have to opt into at either £2 per day or £10 per month (spending life on the road I go with the latter). T&S is not particularly data heavy - I used it continuously at Spa over the weekend and didn't use the full limit. The one thing I've had to be careful with is making sure it's just the T&S browser window that's running - and a whole lot of the other background data services are off - generally do a hard reset of the device before hand and only open the services I want.

It's worth giving your provider a call and seeing what they can do for you in terms of getting you a data roaming allowance - ultimately they want you to use the phone so they get some money, not keep it switched off out of fear of huge bills resulting in them getting nothing.
That's good to know thanks for the advice. I will give them a call this week.
Old 9 May 2011, 12:10 (Ref:2877390)   #98
PhilRenwick
Rookie

PhilRenwick should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Very disappointed with this, as I've used Kangaroo TVs at Silverstone for the last 4 years, and wanted to order 2 for our first trip to Le Mans this year.

Will need to get a data roaming bundle I think.
Old 9 May 2011, 17:45 (Ref:2877608)   #99
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Not the best news but I think we all knew that it was unlikely with no way of booking it and only 5 weeks to go
Old 9 May 2011, 18:12 (Ref:2877636)   #100
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Has anyone anything else useful to add to this thread? I'm inclined to close it now as we know the service is going to be a dead duck this year. There's a separate wifi thread that people can use for that sort of thing......