Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 15 Feb 2002, 08:44 (Ref:216334)   #1
DAVID PATERSON
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Qld, Australia
DAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Historic Touring Cars

AVESCO have negotiated with the AHTCA to have a full field of Historic Touring Cars as a support event at 6 rounds of the Brand X Championship series. The Bathurst 1000 in October is likely to be the final round of this series. The field will comprise 17 of Australia's top Historic Touring Cars with the balance of the field made up from local club/state level competitors.
Old 15 Feb 2002, 10:44 (Ref:216366)   #2
Crash Test
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne, Australia
Crash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCrash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Oooooooohhhh.... Ahhhhhhhhh...

I can't believe this- what has gotten into Avesco?
Old 15 Feb 2002, 22:15 (Ref:216829)   #3
Group'C'
Racer

Australia
Hobart /Tasmania
Group'C' should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
AVESCO have S--T on everyone else and now its the Group N's turn .
AVESCO reckon they got the raw end of the deal at the INDY CARS, try and be the support category for the V8 Supercars
Old 16 Feb 2002, 04:44 (Ref:216961)   #4
Morris 1100
Veteran

Morris 1100 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Group'C'
AVESCO have S--T on everyone else and now its the Group N's turn .
AVESCO reckon they got the raw end of the deal at the INDY CARS, try and be the support category for the V8 Supercars
Amen to that brother!! I have run at touring car supports at Oran Pk, Eastern Creek, Bathurst and Winton and have had races cut from 6 laps to 2 laps, races scrubbed out all together and at Winton the Superbikes went home after 1 race because they were being shat on, the flaggies wanted to sweep the rocks off the track (bought on by V8's cutting corners) and Race Control said "Don't worry, the HQ's will sweep it off!" I did the race with my visor down (Which I never do) and copped rocks in the car and a cracked windscreen!
Old 17 Feb 2002, 09:56 (Ref:217568)   #5
Buckshot
Veteran

Australia
Cambridge Gardens, NSW, Australia
Buckshot should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridBuckshot should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well with PROCAR going it alone all AVESCO have for supports now is Formula Ford and an increasingly shrinking field of Formula Holdens. They need to find support races for both The Big boys and the Konicas - expect to see a few other categories getting a phone call sonn as well perhaps ?
Old 17 Feb 2002, 10:36 (Ref:217588)   #6
Crash Test
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne, Australia
Crash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCrash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Also Sports Sedans, Improved Production, Porsche Cup, the MG-F Trophy will fill some gaps on both programs.
Old 17 Feb 2002, 10:53 (Ref:217596)   #7
Buckshot
Veteran

Australia
Cambridge Gardens, NSW, Australia
Buckshot should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridBuckshot should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think the Saloon Cars category is supporting the Konicas again this year too ?
Old 17 Feb 2002, 11:01 (Ref:217603)   #8
Crash Test
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne, Australia
Yeah, i think 5 rounds of the Konicas, and the QLD 500.
Old 18 Feb 2002, 10:20 (Ref:218355)   #9
Flaggie
Racer

Flaggie should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Morris 1100
Amen to that brother!! I have run at touring car supports at Oran Pk, Eastern Creek, Bathurst and Winton and have had races cut from 6 laps to 2 laps, races scrubbed out all together and at Winton the Superbikes went home after 1 race because they were being shat on, the flaggies wanted to sweep the rocks off the track (bought on by V8's cutting corners) and Race Control said "Don't worry, the HQ's will sweep it off!" I did the race with my visor down (Which I never do) and copped rocks in the car and a cracked windscreen!
Ah yes. Know that emotion. You wanna try when you have a permanent hot track, all day. And you pretty much need Race Control's permission to walk within 2 feet of the track. That's a pain in the ar_e! Or last year Calder when we asked to get trackside to pick up debris and got told no cause the cars were coming out... In 20 minutes. Ah well.
Old 4 Mar 2002, 12:16 (Ref:227678)   #10
DAVID PATERSON
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Qld, Australia
DAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I raced at the SCS round at Eastern Creek last year and we were all told not to drive over the kerbs and spread **** on the track. Before the V8 races the street sweeper would come out and remove the miniscule amunt of debris left by ALL the support events, then after the V8s there was **** everywhere, i thought I was on a rallycross stage.
Old 5 Mar 2002, 14:43 (Ref:228528)   #11
DMC
Racer

Australia
DMC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
This will do nothing for the well being of Group N racing, AVESCO only want cars that they think will appeal to the mainstream fans (Fords and Holdens with the occasional Valiant). The fact that these three manufacturers only make up around half the grids of real Group N races doesn't matter to them. It will be an invite only series with no under 2 litre cars. I don't see the big deal about all these "historic touring car races" at the grand prix and supporting the V8s when all you're seeing is a fraction of the grids at HSRCA and VHRR meetings.
Old 6 Mar 2002, 00:37 (Ref:228930)   #12
Ray Bell
Veteran

Ray Bell should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
You're right, they want a pack of Mustangs to slide around... maybe a Galaxie in there as a spoiler for kids to laugh at... and cars with slower lap times than their mob do.

Use 'em up, spit 'em out... that's AVESCO policy.

Err... I thought it was up to the Clerk of the Course how the meeting was run?

Was when I was a flaggie...
Old 20 Mar 2002, 07:58 (Ref:239929)   #13
DAVID PATERSON
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Qld, Australia
Other than the nonsense with the debris on the circuit, I would have to say I enjoyed running at the SCS round at Eastern Creek last year. We were all together in a huge marquee, with enough room and we got heaps of track time. More than most people needed. When you factor in the price of a programme and pit passes etc. it was pretty good value for money too.

I've already got my entry form for Bathurst!
Old 20 Mar 2002, 10:52 (Ref:239987)   #14
Morris 1100
Veteran

I had a realy good drive at the SCS round at Eastern Ck last year, I was throwing a Falcon wagon around!
Old 20 Mar 2002, 11:28 (Ref:240006)   #15
StuiE
Veteran

StuiE should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
What did u race at Winton MOrris 1100?

"I think we broke something.......Traction" -Carl Edwards 19/8/06 MIS

05 - Peter Brock
Old 20 Mar 2002, 11:35 (Ref:240010)   #16
Morris 1100
Veteran

I was racing a HQ Holden at the Winton that I was talking about above but I have raced a Commodore there once as well as racing the HQ as a HQ, Club Car (now improved production) and as a Sport Sedan
Old 21 Mar 2002, 08:25 (Ref:240658)   #17
Amaroo Park
Veteran

Australia
New South Wales
Amaroo Park should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
What a HQ with split personality????????????????????
Old 21 Mar 2002, 08:44 (Ref:240668)   #18
Morris 1100
Veteran

I once had an argument with a scruitiner at Winton (yes hard to believe I know) at the 24 hour relay race because I didn't have the HQ air filter on it and I said to him "its a Sport Sedan" and he said "its a HQ" and I said "its a Sport Sedan" and he said "if it was a Sport Sedan it would have a Sport Sedan Log book" and then I showed him the Log book and in the log book it said "Eligible for Sports Sedans Cat 2 Group 2D Subject to requirements" and the Scruit shut up!
Old 21 Mar 2002, 09:51 (Ref:240714)   #19
StuiE
Veteran

StuiE should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
jus like when a cop is about to give you a defect and then you show him a nice piece of paper that says that your car's mods r fine luv it

"I think we broke something.......Traction" -Carl Edwards 19/8/06 MIS

05 - Peter Brock
Old 19 Jul 2002, 13:29 (Ref:337388)   #20
DAVID PATERSON
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Qld, Australia
AVESCO recently announced that they have been polling the crowds at every V8 Supercar championship round to see what they thought of the support events and the Historic Touring Cars came out as a very clear favourite at every round. AVESCO were so impressed, they have already offered the AHTCA a 6 round National series supporting next year's V8 championship and a run at next year's Bathurst 1000.
Old 20 Jul 2002, 08:23 (Ref:337936)   #21
FatBoy
Racer

FatBoy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Crash Test
Also Sports Sedans, Improved Production, Porsche Cup, the MG-F Trophy will fill some gaps on both programs.
Do you know of any Improved Production supports so far ?
I'd love to hear more, and run at one of these events ?

Cheers,
Paul...
Old 21 Jul 2002, 21:58 (Ref:339166)   #22
White Knight

Quote:
AVESCO recently announced that they have been polling the crowds at every V8 Supercar championship round to see what they thought of the support events and the Historic Touring Cars came out as a very clear favourite at every round. AVESCO were so impressed, they have already offered the AHTCA a 6 round National series supporting next year's V8 championship and a run at next year's Bathurst 1000.
I been going to race meetings continually for the last 18 years and on and off for 20 years before that, and while I heard of these "polls" I can't say I been asked or even seen anyone else take part in one.

I don't think popularity would ever win out over the mighty dollar.

Old 30 Jul 2002, 08:32 (Ref:346065)   #23
DAVID PATERSON
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Qld, Australia
Every week they announce television ratings, but i've never taken part in the survey and i don't know anyone else who has, does this mean they don't happen?