Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Road Car Forums > Road Car Forum

Old 19 Oct 2006, 17:00 (Ref:1742279)   #276
daz90
Racer

England
England
daz90 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I have only ever seen a few of the classic Mustangs, never the current model driving around these parts.

There must be someone out there in England who has one though
Old 23 Oct 2006, 10:54 (Ref:1746005)   #277
garcon
Veteran

Antarctica
Wilmslow, Cheshire
garcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
There's quite a few new Mustangs in the UK. There's also a company in the North West (in Hyde, east of Manchester) that imports them and does a top quality RHD conversion. Unfortunately, the conversion costs about 5 grand and makes the car ridiculously expensive.
Old 23 Oct 2006, 11:42 (Ref:1746081)   #278
Bluebottle
Veteran

United Kingdom
High Wycombe
Bluebottle should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBluebottle should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Thats a lot for a conversion! There really is little problem with a lhd car here, just as long as you're not wanting to overtake much!!
Old 18 Jan 2007, 06:54 (Ref:1818154)   #279
DAVID PATERSON
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Qld, Australia
DAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Driving home from work the other day i saw a brand new Lamborghini, i think it's called a Gallardo?
Old 18 Jan 2007, 08:07 (Ref:1818179)   #280
daz90
Racer

England
England
daz90 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yep there certainly is a Gallardo, and they are very smart.
Old 17 Mar 2008, 21:57 (Ref:2155121)   #281
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Bump - On my way to work on Friday I passed an Audi R8. It's not the first one I have seen, but its the first one I have seen the road, really good looking car and it sounded nice too.
Old 17 Mar 2008, 22:44 (Ref:2155162)   #282
mattt
Veteran

England
Cambridge
mattt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmattt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
saw a jag xkr just pulling out of the doctors as i drove past
Old 18 Mar 2008, 08:19 (Ref:2155361)   #283
Bluebottle
Veteran

United Kingdom
High Wycombe
Bluebottle should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBluebottle should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdjones
Bump - On my way to work on Friday I passed an Audi R8.
Thwew's one lives somewhere round here, I think they look much better 'in the flesh' than in picturesbut I still wish they'd called it something else! Does anyone know if it has anything in common with the Le Mans winning R* we all know so well?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Audi_R8_(race_car)
Old 18 Mar 2008, 11:47 (Ref:2155528)   #284
garcon
Veteran

Antarctica
Wilmslow, Cheshire
garcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluebottle
Does anyone know if it has anything in common with the Le Mans winning R* we all know so well?
Practically nothing, except maybe some inspiration. Oh, and the fact it's due to get a diesel variant.
Old 18 Mar 2008, 18:37 (Ref:2155823)   #285
dj choc ice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Liverpool
dj choc ice should be qualifying in the top 10 on the griddj choc ice should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluebottle
Thwew's one lives somewhere round here, I think they look much better 'in the flesh' than in picturesbut I still wish they'd called it something else! Does anyone know if it has anything in common with the Le Mans winning R* we all know so well?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Audi_R8_(race_car)
despite the R8 road car and race car being my absolute dream cars i do wish they would rename the R8 road car to something like the R8 GT or R9.

i actually saw one in liverpool today in silver, there was some very very pretty chinese girl climbing into it with a few blokes with cameras taking pictures of her, but i was paying more attention to the stunning girl
Old 18 Mar 2008, 21:29 (Ref:2155984)   #286
olly83
Racer

United Kingdom
olly83 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I was in a multi storey carpark in Welwyn Garden City when I saw an Audi R8. As it rumbled along at 10 mph the noise was echoing off all the walls. It sounded amazing!!

I nearly drove into the back of someone on the M25 when I was busy admiring the DB9 alongside me, and again last Friday when a Corvette z06 pulled alongside on the M40. I wound the window down to hear it better!

Apart from those, I saw Thrust SSC on the back of a truck once. Does that count?
Old 18 Mar 2008, 21:30 (Ref:2155987)   #287
olly83
Racer

United Kingdom
olly83 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Oh, and I also saw a Porsche Carrera GT near Heathrow last year!
Old 19 Mar 2008, 21:38 (Ref:2156766)   #288
AU N EGL
Veteran

United States
Raleigh, North Carolina
AU N EGL should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAU N EGL should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Ferrari 599GT
Old 20 Mar 2008, 15:12 (Ref:2157332)   #289
garcon
Veteran

Antarctica
Wilmslow, Cheshire
Quote:
Originally Posted by AU N EGL
Ferrari 599GT

THE most beautiful car available today.
Old 25 Mar 2008, 08:03 (Ref:2160872)   #290
Chatters
Veteran

Australia
Radelaide, South Australia
Chatters should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridChatters should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I passed a Lamborghini Mucierlago on my bike before. I was expecting him to floor it once we got out of traffic but he didn't, so I did .
"A lot of people go through life doing things badly. Racing’s important to men who do it well. When you’re racing, it... it’s life. Anything that happens before or after... is just waiting." - Steve McQueen
Old 28 Mar 2008, 00:23 (Ref:2163492)   #291
SALEEN S7R
Veteran

England
Poole, England
SALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
A few days ago on my way home from work I was following a Lamborghini Gallardo, was at some traffic lights behind him and he pulled off pretty slowly but once he got it into 2nd gear the lovely sound of a howling V10 kicked in and he was gone.
Old 1 Apr 2008, 03:59 (Ref:2166655)   #292
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
A couple of weeks ago I saw a black Aston Martin V8 Vantage driving thru Melbourne CBD and when the driver drove off from the lights he gave it some gas and gee didnt that make my day!! First time I'd seen the car in the flesh, very impressed.
Old 1 Apr 2008, 11:56 (Ref:2166922)   #293
Lazza635
Rookie

Australia
Brisbane
Lazza635 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I saw a magnificent BMW 635CSi, lowered, proper BBS alloys. A stunning handsome car, it was in a shop window....no wait...sorry it was just a reflection on me driving down the street in a ...BMW 635CSi
Old 17 Apr 2008, 22:03 (Ref:2180226)   #294
Bluebottle
Veteran

United Kingdom
High Wycombe
Saw a Countach in High Wycombe last night
~I'm 80% sure it was a real one rather than a replica.. certainly sounded right and the headlights were quite dim which i took to be a sign of Italian electrics
Old 18 Apr 2008, 07:26 (Ref:2180413)   #295
johnh875
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
johnh875 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by SALEEN S7R
A few days ago on my way home from work I was following a Lamborghini Gallardo, was at some traffic lights behind him and he pulled off pretty slowly but once he got it into 2nd gear the lovely sound of a howling V10 kicked in and he was gone.
A couple of Sundays ago I heard what turned out to be a Gallardo Superleggera dropping down a couple of gears as it pulled up to the traffic lights as I was waiting at - got my attention with windows closed and radio on! I wound down the window to hear it take off though.

The same day I saw a Ferrari Testarossa, perhaps not the most brilliant car in the world but quite acceptable as a Sunday cruiser I would imagine.
Old 22 Apr 2008, 15:15 (Ref:2184111)   #296
jellison
Veteran

England
Surrey
jellison has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!

http://s211.photobucket.com/albums/b...nt=T327RTT.flv

Most road cars are RUBBISH and when you work out the power weight you see them for what they slow and fat.

I always use http://www.ultimatecarpage.com/brandlist/ when I want to see if a car is properly fast in terms of this.
Old 25 Apr 2008, 08:32 (Ref:2186284)   #297
Bluebottle
Veteran

United Kingdom
High Wycombe
Saw an Ariel Atom queuing in the evening traffic on Wednesday

http://www.arielmotor.co.uk/

Last time I saw one on the road it was in heavy rain on the autoroute going to Le Mans, saw it at a service station later and the occupants were thoroughly soaked!

Last edited by Bluebottle; 25 Apr 2008 at 08:36.
Old 25 Apr 2008, 18:33 (Ref:2186870)   #298
mattt
Veteran

England
Cambridge
mattt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmattt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
saw a DB9 parking in a parking space at tescos on the side of the car park when i was practising a bay park
Old 5 May 2008, 20:26 (Ref:2194632)   #299
mattt
Veteran

England
Cambridge
in the same previously mentioned car park

i saw a jaguar XK, it was tempting to out an L plate on the back and watch peoples reactions
Old 7 May 2008, 09:35 (Ref:2195837)   #300
Chatters
Veteran

Australia
Radelaide, South Australia
Chatters should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridChatters should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
An F430 pulled up behind be at the lights on Saturday... I was on a hill, the only thing going through my mind was "don't roll back, don't roll back!!"

I also saw a 599GT that day at a servo!
"A lot of people go through life doing things badly. Racing’s important to men who do it well. When you’re racing, it... it’s life. Anything that happens before or after... is just waiting." - Steve McQueen