Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: trackrooms.co.uk Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Trackside

Old 19 Jul 2001, 08:13 (Ref:119105)   #26
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
my mum's getting really excited about it now
we will both be there, armed with umbrellas and huge amounts of softmints.

woo!

sparky! where the devil are you, old fella? another east anglian!
Old 19 Jul 2001, 11:36 (Ref:119156)   #27
Minardi fan
Veteran

England
Llamaville, Kent
Minardi fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Right, I shall go and survey the train timetables. The things I do for Minis. And Caterhams.

*thud*
Old 19 Jul 2001, 11:54 (Ref:119160)   #28
Minardi fan
Veteran

England
Llamaville, Kent
Having scoured bus and train timetables, I really don't think it's worth the hassle.
Old 19 Jul 2001, 14:19 (Ref:119198)   #29
Chris Y
Veteran

United Kingdom
Over there, over here
Chris Y has a real shot at the championship!Chris Y has a real shot at the championship!Chris Y has a real shot at the championship!Chris Y has a real shot at the championship!Chris Y has a real shot at the championship!Chris Y has a real shot at the championship!
Yes it is! This is Minis! we're talking about here, and 70-odd Caterhams of all types and silliness..

Now listen very closely.. If you can get to somewhere in the Norfolk area, or very close - we can pick you up on Saturday day/evening/night. All you have to do is get close - we'll do the rest!

After all, I've spent ages doing my engine up for this one - so you'd better be there!

Sparky - did you get my email? I sent it to your fullthrottle account.. Gory details about the cylinder head, and it won't be finished until 6pm tonight. Good job I got lots of sleep last night, as I've a feeling I'm going to be working late
Old 19 Jul 2001, 16:25 (Ref:119243)   #30
Minardi fan
Veteran

England
Llamaville, Kent
I don't finish work until 9pm on Saturday night, and I can't get to the train station I need to to get the train. There are no buses that late either. It's not going to happen.
Old 19 Jul 2001, 16:49 (Ref:119258)   #31
Minardi fan
Veteran

England
Llamaville, Kent
Best I can do is 7.35am train from Coventry on Sunday, arriving at Cambridge at 11.52am. The trains to Norwich arrive way too late.
Old 19 Jul 2001, 17:19 (Ref:119271)   #32
Sparky
Veteran

Sparky should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
No email I'm afraid Mr Y. My 'FullThrottle' account is lying dormant somewhere in cyberspace... (Could you bring my account details with you, as well as the video player! Oh, and... any good with fixing TV's? )

So what's happened to the head? Valve seat recession? Can't be cracked, surely? They'd never repair it... Worn guides? What's happened Dude?

And Mark... Blimey mate. Don't know what we can do. You could phone work and tell them you have a bad case of Caterham Syndrome. That should keep 'em guessing 'til Monday! If I had more time I'd collect you myself... So sorry bloke.
Old 19 Jul 2001, 17:28 (Ref:119278)   #33
TimD
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United Kingdom
Derbyshire Peak District, United Kingdom
TimD should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTimD should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTimD should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Leave this to me.

Sparky, if you would be willing to forego the dubious delights of Dudley company on Saturday evening, I would be more than willing to do some driving.

Mark, let's get this show on the road - I've a possibility of some racing memorabilia to buy in Halesowen. If the seller is willing, I might be able to be around your area on Saturday night, or at some daftly early time on Sunday morning.

Can't have a man bereft of Minis of a Sunday, can we?
Old 19 Jul 2001, 17:37 (Ref:119282)   #34
WoodyTJ
Veteran

WoodyTJ should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I can't go this weekend ..... but GO Yates GO.

p.s. Chris ... i've ended up with your Mini Video (fantastic but your gonna give me a heart attack at this rate) Shall I send it back to you?
Old 19 Jul 2001, 23:43 (Ref:119441)   #35
Minardi fan
Veteran

England
Llamaville, Kent
Woody! Drop it in 'ere! I haven't seen Mr. Yates in action yet!!!

Viceroy, a message has wung (?) it's way to yooooooou.

Old 19 Jul 2001, 23:44 (Ref:119442)   #36
Minardi fan
Veteran

England
Llamaville, Kent
P.S I already had a mystery illness during two shifts last weekend...
Old 19 Jul 2001, 23:47 (Ref:119445)   #37
Sparky
Veteran

Sparky should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by bella
sparky! where the devil are you, old fella? another east anglian!
I'm in a teeny tiny village called Little Cressingham near Watton in Norfolk. Not too far from our Tristan I think.

Before that, I was in Stowmarket, and so far I've lived in Ipswich, Felixstowe, Bury St Edmunds, Chelmsford, Kettering and Corby. Guess you could say I am an East Anglian!

Never lived in Cambridge though. Spent weeks in Addenbrookes, but that's another thing altogether.

Quote:
Originally posted by TimD
Sparky, if you would be willing to forego the dubious delights of Dudley company on Saturday evening, I would be more than willing to do some driving.
Tim, Can I ask if you'll still be arriving, albeit late? The entourage is still welcome of course!

Woody, gonna miss you...
Old 20 Jul 2001, 20:53 (Ref:119765)   #38
WoodyTJ
Veteran

Quote:
Originally posted by Sparky
Woody, gonna miss you...
Ahhh thats sweet - I wish I was going .... not enough funds

Had a great time - and I am sure I will see everyone at Snetterton for the BTCC!

Go Yates
Old 23 Jul 2001, 19:41 (Ref:120684)   #39
Chris Y
Veteran

United Kingdom
Over there, over here
Chris Y has a real shot at the championship!Chris Y has a real shot at the championship!Chris Y has a real shot at the championship!Chris Y has a real shot at the championship!Chris Y has a real shot at the championship!Chris Y has a real shot at the championship!
Go Yates?

I did... But then I came back

You missed a cracker of the day! The Caterhams were pretty cool, but I think the Minis had everyone up on their feet at the Russell chicane.

The Minis were hunting in packs of 4 or 5 going into each corner - the positions were swapping round every few metres or so, and yours truly was up and down through the ranks like a pogo stick..

Highlights of the race included a massive slide around Russell, up on the grass, over the kerbs, and nearly getting run into the pit wall, and Andy Croft turning his car on its side on the last lap!

I think just about everyone fell of the track at some stage during that race (twice for me), but there was only 1 non-finisher (Lara Croft )

Got my car well and truly sorted for the race, thanks to the efforts of my pit crew, and Rodger the series organiser - and I'm really looking forward to Mallory now! Woohoo
Old 23 Jul 2001, 19:46 (Ref:120688)   #40
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!
You're not the only one, sir! Look forward to it, but it'll have to go some to beat this last meeting! You might not know, but your slide received a huge cheer when you set back off in the right direction... biggest cheer though was reserved for Lara (!) and the sight of twenty rubber-necking Minis slowing down to take a look was something else! Poor old boy must have felt a right plonker when the other drivers started beeping their horns as they passed!!!

Wonder what Bella and MF thought of it and how they feel it compared to F1 for value for money...
Old 24 Jul 2001, 19:42 (Ref:121249)   #41
WoodyTJ
Veteran

Sounds like you had fun ..... !
Old 24 Jul 2001, 19:45 (Ref:121250)   #42
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
f1 is a totally different kettle of fish.

THAT, my friends, was entertainment. perchance we should invite the whole of the f1 grid down to see how to race properly
Old 25 Jul 2001, 21:03 (Ref:121746)   #43
SPOONERBORO
Veteran

United Kingdom
UK
SPOONERBORO should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
please can i have some photos of this event !!

gallery@ten-tenths.com
Old 25 Jul 2001, 21:04 (Ref:121751)   #44
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!
Good plug...!

I must remember to start thieving my old man's digital camera again...