Home Mobile Forum News Cookbook FaceBook Us T-Shirts etc.: Europe/Worldwide. eBay Motorsport Links Advertising Live Chat  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides MotorsportAds  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 26 Apr 2017, 09:07 (Ref:3729256)   #241
Razor
10-10ths official Trekkie
Veteran
 
Join Date: May 2005
Australia
Behind the wheel
Posts: 3,853
Razor should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridRazor should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridRazor should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Interesting to hear Skaife and Crompton on Inside Supercars talking about some teams using 9 degrees negative camber during static/setup with up to 13 degrees negative camber when loaded through the corners.
Razor is offline  
__________________
Who cares if one more light goes out?
Well I do
Quote
Old 26 Apr 2017, 09:56 (Ref:3729262)   #242
Ospi
Racer
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 384
Ospi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well, 13 degrees unloaded as it'll be the unloaded tyre experiencing the increased negative camber. The loaded tyre should basically be 0.
Ospi is offline  
Quote
Old 27 Apr 2017, 03:11 (Ref:3729401)   #243
Ospi
Racer
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 384
Ospi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ospi View Post
Well, 13 degrees unloaded as it'll be the unloaded tyre experiencing the increased negative camber. The loaded tyre should basically be 0.
I've realised this isn't correct. He may have been discussing the camber gain and the angle relative to the chassis and not relative to the road, but I don't understand how that would be relevant in cornering. It's probably relevant to mention that under heavy braking the tyres will also see a much higher camber angle which wouldn't have been good for the inside shoulder.

Last edited by Ospi; 27 Apr 2017 at 03:16.
Ospi is offline  
Quote
Old 28 Apr 2017, 03:04 (Ref:3729578)   #244
Denosaur
Veteran
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Albania
Australia
Posts: 979
Denosaur should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridDenosaur should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ospi View Post
I've realised this isn't correct. He may have been discussing the camber gain and the angle relative to the chassis and not relative to the road, but I don't understand how that would be relevant in cornering. It's probably relevant to mention that under heavy braking the tyres will also see a much higher camber angle which wouldn't have been good for the inside shoulder.
Skaife mentioned that once you apply the load and the roll center changes, the camber goes up...

Took me a bit to get my head around it....
Denosaur is offline  
__________________
It's all about speed! Hot, nasty bad-ass speed!!
Velociraptor Performance Industries
Quote
Old 28 Apr 2017, 03:50 (Ref:3729580)   #245
Henry
Veteran
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Australia
hero to zero in two seconds flat
Posts: 1,094
Henry should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Denosaur View Post
Skaife mentioned that once you apply the load and the roll center changes, the camber goes up...

Took me a bit to get my head around it....
...true, depending on the actual roll centre location. Ospi is correct in stating that the change relative to road is the more critical concept... if there was no camber change throughout the suspension travel, then as the car rolls, the outside tyre stands up straighter relative to the road.
Henry is offline  
__________________
A Smith & Wesson beats four aces
Quote
Old 28 Apr 2017, 23:52 (Ref:3729774)   #246
Ospi
Racer
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 384
Ospi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The camber gain and roll centre shifting are both a result of the rotation of the wishbones around their pick-up points yes? (just getting my head around some things!) sorry for off topic.
Ospi is offline  
Quote
Old 1 May 2017, 04:40 (Ref:3730249)   #247
Terry S
Racer
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 245
Terry S should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Interesting that in the CAMS Steward Summary for race 5 that the team personnel of Chasports Racing Pty Ltd crossed the fast lane prior to the last car as called by Race Control. They were fined $2,000.

Does anyone know who Chasports is ?
Terry S is offline  
Quote
Old 1 May 2017, 04:43 (Ref:3730250)   #248
peckstar
Veteran
 
Join Date: May 2004
Cayman Islands
Posts: 14,514
peckstar has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry S View Post
Interesting that in the CAMS Steward Summary for race 5 that the team personnel of Chasports Racing Pty Ltd crossed the fast lane prior to the last car as called by Race Control. They were fined $2,000.

Does anyone know who Chasports is ?
Car 18, the controlling company of Preston Hire Racing
peckstar is offline  
__________________
Scott and Chaz 1-2 in 2017

well that's my hope
Quote
Old 1 May 2017, 22:09 (Ref:3730449)   #249
V8 Fireworks
Veteran
 
V8 Fireworks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 711
V8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ospi View Post
The camber gain and roll centre shifting are both a result of the rotation of the wishbones around their pick-up points yes?
Yes, unequal length wishbone suspension.
V8 Fireworks is offline  
Quote
Reply

Bookmarks




Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
[VASC17R3R4] Tyrepower Tasmania SuperSprint, Symmons Plains: 7-9 Apr GTRMagic Australasian Touring Cars. 243 21 Apr 2017 04:46
[VASC16R6R7] WD40 Phillip Island SuperSprint - 15-17Apr GTRMagic Australasian Touring Cars. 32 17 Apr 2016 13:49
[iV8SC15R31R32R33] WD40 Phillip Island SuperSprint: 20-22Nov GTRMagic Australasian Touring Cars. 145 24 Nov 2015 23:17
[V8SC09R21&22] The Island 300, Phillip Island Go Harder. Australasian Touring Cars. 303 13 Nov 2009 04:59
Phillip iSland Historic touring Car races torana Racers Forum 2 18 Mar 2000 23:14


Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3

All times are GMT. The time now is 16:30.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Original Website Copyright © 1998-2003 Craig Antil. All Rights Reserved.
Ten-Tenths Motorsport Forums Copyright © 2004-2016 Royalridge Computing. All Rights Reserved.