Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 17 Feb 2017, 04:35 (Ref:3712746)   #1
F1Pete
Veteran

Canada
Sudbury, Ontario, Canada
F1Pete should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridF1Pete should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Podium Song

Silly topic, but I don't care....

Does anyone like that stupid annoying podium song when they spray the champagne??? Let's hope Chase comes up with some crazy azz podium song that really will make it like a Super Bowl party after every race.

Not only do thing need to be changed on the track, but the podium as well.
Old 17 Feb 2017, 05:55 (Ref:3712756)   #2
F1Guy
Veteran

Antarctica
Driving dangerously
F1Guy User has been fined for unsportsmanlike behaviour!
Yep, THIS is the new podium song.
Old 17 Feb 2017, 13:13 (Ref:3712837)   #3
Graz
Veteran

Ireland
Graz should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridGraz should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridGraz should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridGraz should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Yep, it's annoying alright...as is Bob Constanduros and his "Champaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaange" crap.

I tend not to watch the podium ceremony anyway cos it's boring. The change with the interviewer coming out was a good move but most of those are useless and the drivers rarely say anything interesting.
Old 17 Feb 2017, 13:54 (Ref:3712846)   #4
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
What's so annoying about it? I think it's a good one and I can't remember what it's called, but IIRC, it was by the composer Bizet

Incidentally in 1992 they sprayed champagne to the tune of The Final Countdown
Old 17 Feb 2017, 14:03 (Ref:3712854)   #5
steve_r
Veteran

Lord Howe Island
European Capital of Culture 2008
steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!
The Benny Hill theme song would be a much better choice of music. Surely even the miserable iceman himself would crack a smile if he was spraying bubbly to that tune.

Its an apt choice, seeing as the drivers spent the last 2 hours driving around in circles.
Old 17 Feb 2017, 16:08 (Ref:3712888)   #6
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
haha right? or kimi in a gorilla suit and have him chase people around!

Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
What's so annoying about it? I think it's a good one and I can't remember what it's called, but IIRC, it was by the composer Bizet
i think the song is about a bullfighter which seems appropriate. dont love it but dont hate it either.

dont know why but first song that came to my head when thinking of what could be a replacement was Monty Python.

so id vote for the Holy Grail theme complete with coconut halves as the winners gallop onto the podium.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PHDycUXzNs0
Old 17 Feb 2017, 17:48 (Ref:3712900)   #7
Rob29
Veteran

United Kingdom
Lincolnshire,UK
Rob29 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridRob29 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
What happened to 'The Chain'? tune I always identify with F1
Old 17 Feb 2017, 22:04 (Ref:3712940)   #8
ScotsBrutesFan
Race Official
Veteran

Scotland
West Lothian
ScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Carmen
Old 19 Feb 2017, 10:40 (Ref:3713126)   #9
old man
Veteran

England
UK
old man should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridold man should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridold man should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob29 View Post
What happened to 'The Chain'? tune I always identify with F1
Probably only connected with F1 in the UK and if you recall, when ITV had F1 they could not use it, copyrighted for that purpose by BBC.IIRC
Old 19 Feb 2017, 13:43 (Ref:3713160)   #10
ASCII Man
Veteran

ASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by F1Pete View Post
Not only do thing need to be changed on the track, but the podium as well.
No, please no.
Keep the current crap pop music away from the podium.

There's nothing wrong with Bizet's Carmen, it at least has some ****ing class.
Old 19 Feb 2017, 17:29 (Ref:3713177)   #11
Graz
Veteran

Ireland
Graz should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridGraz should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridGraz should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridGraz should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve_r View Post
The Benny Hill theme song would be a much better choice of music. Surely even the miserable iceman himself would crack a smile if he was spraying bubbly to that tune.

Its an apt choice, seeing as the drivers spent the last 2 hours driving around in circles.
Love it!
Old 20 Feb 2017, 01:49 (Ref:3713240)   #12
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve_r View Post

Haha, that gets my vote.

https://youtu.be/x5sQL7q_IOI

Edit: I don't know how many of you know this but Benny Hill was hugely popular in the States.

Last edited by bjohnsonsmith; 20 Feb 2017 at 01:55.
Old 20 Feb 2017, 02:42 (Ref:3713246)   #13
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjohnsonsmith View Post
Haha, that gets my vote.

Edit: I don't know how many of you know this but Benny Hill was hugely popular in the States.
Who is going to be doing the chasing, and who will be the chased?
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House
Old 20 Feb 2017, 02:55 (Ref:3713247)   #14
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
Who is going to be doing the chasing, and who will be the chased?
They pretty much go round chasing each other on the podium.
Old 20 Feb 2017, 09:54 (Ref:3713314)   #15
old man
Veteran

England
UK
old man should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridold man should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridold man should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by ASCII Man View Post
No, please no.
Keep the current crap pop music away from the podium.

There's nothing wrong with Bizet's Carmen, it at least has some ****ing class.
Old 20 Feb 2017, 10:04 (Ref:3713318)   #16
Neppatsrev Xam
Racer

Netherlands
Neppatsrev Xam should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:

Incidentally in 1992 they sprayed champagne to the tune of The Final Countdown
Bizet- Les toreadors

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4DNGMoMNLRY

BTW: I still miss this old F1 theme

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qgiBkydMW8k
Old 20 Feb 2017, 20:25 (Ref:3713510)   #17
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Yes I do miss that old guitar riff of the FIA logo. That was a quality tune and it was a sign that Murray, who had been talking calmly and quietly beforehand, was now about to go into his stride.

I also miss the old music the BBC used for the starting grid, especially Ivory Tower, although one of the tunes C4 use for their ad breaks for some reason reminds me of the one the used in the 90s
Old 20 Feb 2017, 22:04 (Ref:3713533)   #18
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
To be honest I hadn't paid much attention to the music and it wasn't until I watched the videos above did it trigger the memory. And then I watched the video with the guitar riff intro... Wow! The nostalgic memory on that one! I didn't realize I missed it until hearing it again.

Richard
Old 21 Feb 2017, 12:37 (Ref:3713665)   #19
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjohnsonsmith View Post
Haha, that gets my vote.

Benny Hill should be played during the race; not after.

Old 21 Feb 2017, 17:44 (Ref:3713726)   #20
F1Pete
Veteran

Canada
Sudbury, Ontario, Canada
F1Pete should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridF1Pete should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Benny Hill right from the lights!
Old 22 Feb 2017, 01:25 (Ref:3713857)   #21
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
Quote:
Originally Posted by F1Pete View Post
Benny Hill right from the lights!
It would add something to recessional racing , .
Old 25 Feb 2017, 12:30 (Ref:3714664)   #22
coppice
Veteran

Australia
Thirsk, North Yorkshire
coppice is going for a new lap record!coppice is going for a new lap record!coppice is going for a new lap record!coppice is going for a new lap record!coppice is going for a new lap record!coppice is going for a new lap record!
And even more for processional races perhaps ?
Old 26 Feb 2017, 11:06 (Ref:3714809)   #23
S griffin
Veteran

I've often said a fast forward button on a controller should come with the Yakety Sax song and the slow motion button has chariots of fire
Old 26 Feb 2017, 11:14 (Ref:3714813)   #24
F1Guy
Veteran

Antarctica
Driving dangerously
F1Guy User has been fined for unsportsmanlike behaviour!
Not the podium song, but word is THIS is the new F1 anthem for this year.
Old 26 Feb 2017, 13:13 (Ref:3714828)   #25
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
Quote:
Originally Posted by F1Guy View Post
Not the podium song, but word is THIS is the new F1 anthem for this year.
I hope not.