Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Closed Thread

Old 25 Dec 2015, 06:51 (Ref:3600100)   #2551
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Merry Christmas everyone.
Old 25 Dec 2015, 08:34 (Ref:3600108)   #2552
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Kent+Mojacar Spain, but not always ?
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
Merry Christmas everyone, I must go for a walk along the beach to make room for lunch, brilliant sun at the moment cheers
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 25 Dec 2015, 09:25 (Ref:3600115)   #2553
Eric Falce
Veteran

United Kingdom
Orpington Kent
Eric Falce should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Merry Christmas to all ten tenthers, nice thing about old age is you lay in ,get up just in time to watch quality tv, the original Italian job, and a happy new year.
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, wine in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!"
Old 25 Dec 2015, 09:52 (Ref:3600120)   #2554
bauble
Veteran

England
Potton, far from the madding crowd.
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Seasonal Felicitations to all ....... yes dear the sausages are in the oven ...

Cheers,

Bob
Old 25 Dec 2015, 10:13 (Ref:3600124)   #2555
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Merry Christmas! Hope you enjoy the boiled sausages and sprouts Bob. We're on for roast beef this year and I'm hungry already after a light scrambled egg and sparkly wine breakfast. Ah Christmas, I couldn't get away with this.any other day of the year.
Old 25 Dec 2015, 10:39 (Ref:3600127)   #2556
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Just been for a walk with Delta Dog Mylo, he decided to have a good old roll around in the mud. Back to base and got the hose pipe on him Now indoors in the warm I'm filling out race licence form and he is bonking anything that's stood still.
Son and Daughter cooking breakfast . Have a good day all.
Old 25 Dec 2015, 10:40 (Ref:3600129)   #2557
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Old 25 Dec 2015, 11:09 (Ref:3600132)   #2558
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
John Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Merry Christmas all. Think I'd like to be where Gordon is although our weather is hardly bad at the mo. Will be heading down to the local for my Christmas dinner in an hour or so. Ho hum, I shall where my Bah Humbug socks which my sister sent me!!
"It's pure joy. This was the perfect training for the WEC after a summer of not racing, even though the car is faster than LMP2." Nicolas Minassian after lapping at 123mph in the Group C Jaguar XJR-14, setting a new outright lap record for the historic GP circuit at Silverstone Classic in 2013!
Old 25 Dec 2015, 12:31 (Ref:3600143)   #2559
Moosehead
Veteran

Moosehead should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Merry Christmas Tenthers, especially those on HRT.

I was originally scheduled to be working today so we're slightly out of synch but I'm catching up.
CSCC Swinging Sixties #128 Red/Black Mustang
Old 25 Dec 2015, 14:13 (Ref:3600157)   #2560
Colin McKay
Veteran

United Kingdom
Colin McKay should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridColin McKay should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Happy Xmas one and all......fog and drizzle in Kent = long dog walk, log fire and several glasses of very fine red. Calm before the storm here, on our own today but large family contingent due tomorrow, something like 30 of them. Plonk tomorrow, the better wine will be well hidden, Happy Humbug!

Yesterday was a laugh in the office, designated dress as a reindeer day. Dougal the dog came with me, it really spooked him to find a herd sitting at desks. He went nuts. As one guy remarked " he doesn't know if he's up for a fight or a f***"
Old 25 Dec 2015, 16:25 (Ref:3600165)   #2561
Colin McKay
Veteran

United Kingdom
Colin McKay should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridColin McKay should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moosehead View Post
Merry Christmas Tenthers, especially those on HRT.
Whatever do you mean???
Old 26 Dec 2015, 16:48 (Ref:3600286)   #2562
Moosehead
Veteran

Moosehead should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
LOL, was refering to Historic Racing Today. Didn't know about the other HRT till I just googled it. My statement still stands
CSCC Swinging Sixties #128 Red/Black Mustang
Old 28 Dec 2015, 13:46 (Ref:3600528)   #2563
Lancsbreaker
Veteran

England
Padiham, Lancashire
Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!
Back in UK early hours yesterday, with only the minor hiccup of milady taking a tumble in Manchester Airport and dislocating her shoulder, cue 8 hours in Wythenshawe hospital whilst they put it back in place and she recovered from an adverse reaction to the morphine........drove home exceedingly gently using matchsticks to keep my eyes open as had no sleep.....at least it was bright sun rather than the storms everyone had had the previous days.

I'd had calls as we were waiting to board the plane to say that Padiham was flooded, but we live a couple of hundred feet above that area, so our house OK - we'd apparently had a power cut but it was back on when we got home.

Checked with my mate this morning and the good news is that the flooding at his place got to the front of the garage but didn't get in, so the race car is safe (He lives about half a mile from the "200 year-old pub" that featured on the news as the floods demolished it.....)

Hope all other tenther's surviving OK........
Old 28 Dec 2015, 14:58 (Ref:3600532)   #2564
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Yes thanks we are absolutely fine in the South, safe in the knowledge that our flood defences, built with money we saved by closing down The North, have worked perfectly.

Or maybe it's because it hasn't rained much here...
Old 28 Dec 2015, 15:12 (Ref:3600536)   #2565
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!
Maybe its because our Farmers have behaved better.
Old 28 Dec 2015, 15:27 (Ref:3600538)   #2566
gary396
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northallerton
gary396 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridgary396 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by zefarelly View Post
Maybe its because our Farmers have behaved better.
Is there a punchline to that joke?
Old 28 Dec 2015, 16:12 (Ref:3600551)   #2567
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Fingers crossed for you Lanky . Been nice day down here but they say more rain on it's way .
Old 28 Dec 2015, 16:19 (Ref:3600554)   #2568
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
It's been 25c most of the day with blue skies
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 28 Dec 2015, 17:20 (Ref:3600564)   #2569
midgetman
Veteran

I cut the grass here in Balmy Bromham!
Old 28 Dec 2015, 17:50 (Ref:3600577)   #2570
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Quote:
Originally Posted by gary396 View Post
Is there a punchline to that joke?
http://www.theguardian.com/commentis...P=share_btn_fb
Old 28 Dec 2015, 19:09 (Ref:3600592)   #2571
gary396
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northallerton
gary396 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridgary396 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Ah, The Guardian!

No doubt some truth to the 2014 article but I suspect that better farming practices (even though probably much needed) wouldn't have prevented a lot of the recent flooding events.
Old 28 Dec 2015, 20:19 (Ref:3600606)   #2572
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

grantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancsbreaker View Post
Back in UK early hours yesterday, with only the minor hiccup of milady taking a tumble in Manchester Airport and dislocating her shoulder, cue 8 hours in Wythenshawe hospital whilst they put it back in place and she recovered from an adverse reaction to the morphine........drove home exceedingly gently using matchsticks to keep my eyes open as had no sleep.....at least it was bright sun rather than the storms everyone had had the previous days.

I'd had calls as we were waiting to board the plane to say that Padiham was flooded, but we live a couple of hundred feet above that area, so our house OK - we'd apparently had a power cut but it was back on when we got home.

Checked with my mate this morning and the good news is that the flooding at his place got to the front of the garage but didn't get in, so the race car is safe (He lives about half a mile from the "200 year-old pub" that featured on the news as the floods demolished it.....)

Richard,

Is the dislocated shoulder in addition to the recent arm injury? (Do I remember that correctly or was that someone else)

If so, extremely bad luck.

I wonder if there is some sort of buoyancy clothing one might be able to buy, perhaps from a sailing clothing emporium, that might offer padding of some sort in the event of future off-balance moments?

Personal airbags just have to be a huge future market - providing the explosive nature of the airbag inflation is not injurious in itself.
Old 28 Dec 2015, 20:22 (Ref:3600607)   #2573
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

grantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GORDON STREETER View Post
It's been 25c most of the day with blue skies
About the same here Gordon - except for the blue skies of course.
Old 28 Dec 2015, 20:29 (Ref:3600608)   #2574
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancsbreaker View Post

Glad all is ok.
Old 28 Dec 2015, 20:32 (Ref:3600609)   #2575
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by gary396 View Post
Ah, The Guardian!

No doubt some truth to the 2014 article but I suspect that better farming practices (even though probably much needed) wouldn't have prevented a lot of the recent flooding events.
Max,

It's Mongbiot.

His concepts of truth and logic are as florid as his prose.

Whatever he used to enjoy for recreational purposes when younger has clearly created a most interesting mental ability that science should probably study.

Or maybe it was his near death illness somewhat earlier in life - assuming the two aspects can be separated.

Before he moved to mid-Wales (I assume he still lives there, it's not so easy to come back once you have committed) he lived in Oxford.

There is a saying that "You can always tell an Oxford man, but you can't tell him much."

It's meant to refer to academia but in George's case seems to be especially pertinent under any circumstances.
Closed Thread