Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > North American Racing

Old 27 Jun 2013, 19:43 (Ref:3270794)   #2001
Breitling24
Veteran

Breitling24 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridBreitling24 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by FstrthnU View Post
http://www.racer.com/webber-to-retai...rticle/300743/

Mark Webber will retain his Red Bull Sponsorship, so expect a Red Bull livery on at least one of the Porsches.

By the way, has Porsche decided the order of the lineups? Will Bernhard and Dumas be in the same car or will they be split up with Webber and Jani?
Or nothing more than a Red Bull sticker and/or a drivers suit patch.

"Travel makes a wise man better, and a fool worse." Thomas Fuller
Old 27 Jun 2013, 20:07 (Ref:3270825)   #2002
Gingers4Justice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Highbury, London
Gingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
https://www.dailysportscar.com/?p=9317
interesting article from dailysportscar putting 2 and 2 together here, but why not have a bit of fun? We need our own silly season!
Old 27 Jun 2013, 20:09 (Ref:3270827)   #2003
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Stop it now zanfo zanfagni and Dario911. Us sports car fans are sick of your pointless offensive bickering and point scoring by reporting. This is your final warning (in fact I suspect it may even be past that judging by conversations amongst staff and admin).
Do not post again on anything other than sports car racing and even then be careful not to even remotely come across as having a snide comment.
Old 27 Jun 2013, 20:14 (Ref:3270835)   #2004
Dario911
Veteran

Italy
Somewhere in the world...
Dario911 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by FstrthnU View Post
http://www.racer.com/webber-to-retai...rticle/300743/

Mark Webber will retain his Red Bull Sponsorship, so expect a Red Bull livery on at least one of the Porsches.

By the way, has Porsche decided the order of the lineups? Will Bernhard and Dumas be in the same car or will they be split up with Webber and Jani?
Porsche P1 with Red Bull livery would not be so bad...
It might remind a modern Martini Racing livery...
Le Mans, 23/06/2013, 15:00, Allan we miss you!
Porsche 1°-2° in GTE-Pro class with 991 GT3 RSR
Porsche 1st. place in GTE-Am class with 997 GT3 RSR
Old 27 Jun 2013, 20:19 (Ref:3270845)   #2005
zanfo zanfagni
Racer

zanfo zanfagni has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Will be possible to have only a martini livery paintscheme at le mans because french or EU laws about alchol and tobacco. (I guess that is clear to understand that is not a snide comment, but just a comment that reports the impossibility to use the martini (or whatever else alcholic producer) logo during 24H of le mans; in 2010 highcroft racing could not use tequila patron logo's on their cars).
Old 27 Jun 2013, 20:33 (Ref:3270858)   #2006
Dario911
Veteran

Italy
If I'm not wrong, Red Bull sponsored Porsche in GT... it was an old private 996 RS. Nice car in that livery!
I think Mark will have the chance to win as he has always deserved in his career, joining to Porsche. He's been penalized by his team, in F1, while he knows with Porsche will have the right chance to reach the top of motorsport, winning Le Mans and WEC.
He deserves to win so important contests.
Old 27 Jun 2013, 20:37 (Ref:3270859)   #2007
Dario911
Veteran

Italy
Tobacco and alchool are banned, but it's possible to use the colour scheme on the car. As Ferrari did with Marlboro. It was clear to everyone who was the sponsor...
Old 27 Jun 2013, 20:43 (Ref:3270870)   #2008
Bandicoot17
Veteran

United Kingdom
Birmingham
Bandicoot17 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Personally I hope the Red Bull sponsorship is kept to a minimum or is subtle.
Old 27 Jun 2013, 20:47 (Ref:3270875)   #2009
dj choc ice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Liverpool
dj choc ice should be qualifying in the top 10 on the griddj choc ice should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bandicoot17 View Post
Personally I hope the Red Bull sponsorship is kept to a minimum or is subtle.
This.

I adore Red Bull as a brand and their sporting antics but seeing the red bull livery EVERYWHERE is getting a tad dull now. Be nice if they had the redbull sponsor livery on the fin only and the rest of the car in a new Porsche scheme, could look really good.
Old 27 Jun 2013, 20:51 (Ref:3270877)   #2010
Dario911
Veteran

Italy
Porsche LMP1 in Gulf livery would be the top!
Old 27 Jun 2013, 20:54 (Ref:3270879)   #2011
Bandicoot17
Veteran

United Kingdom
Birmingham
Bandicoot17 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by dj choc ice View Post
This.

I adore Red Bull as a brand and their sporting antics but seeing the red bull livery EVERYWHERE is getting a tad dull now. Be nice if they had the redbull sponsor livery on the fin only and the rest of the car in a new Porsche scheme, could look really good.
If they can come up with something interesting and different to the normal I'd be happier, but the standard paint they have is just really dull.
Old 27 Jun 2013, 20:58 (Ref:3270880)   #2012
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dario911 View Post
Oh no more Gulf, please...... What was once my favourite - an iconic livery has become ten-a-penny. If we have to have Gulf, let's go back to the dark blue of the McLarens.......
Old 27 Jun 2013, 21:03 (Ref:3270884)   #2013
dj choc ice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Liverpool
dj choc ice should be qualifying in the top 10 on the griddj choc ice should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
Oh no more Gulf, please...... What was once my favourite - an iconic livery has become ten-a-penny. If we have to have Gulf, let's go back to the dark blue of the McLarens.......
I was just about to post this. It's a great livery but it's been whored out so much in sports car racing over the past 5 years, I'm sick of seeing that livery now. I was thinking just now that there haven't been many "notable" new liveries in the past few years. Only ones I can think of are Hankook, Vitaphone, Rebellion from 2011 and Oreca with the Mondrian colors, possibly a shout to the Sebah Lola's in 2009 as well. Now they did look good.
Old 27 Jun 2013, 21:15 (Ref:3270890)   #2014
Dario911
Veteran

Italy
Mmmmh... right, Gulf livery has been inflated in the last years....... but it was always on the wrong cars!
Porsche Salzburg livery would not be bad. Red and white stripes... nice for a so important return: it was the livery of the first Le Mans victory for Porsche... Very celebrative!
Old 27 Jun 2013, 21:18 (Ref:3270892)   #2015
Salamus
Veteran

Canada
Ontario
Salamus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSalamus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSalamus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSalamus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
We have white cars (Audi) and blue cars (Toyota), how about some red!

A tribute to their first Le Mans win!
Old 27 Jun 2013, 21:40 (Ref:3270898)   #2016
Starfish Primer
Veteran

Spain
A Spaniard in Milton Keynes
Starfish Primer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridStarfish Primer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridStarfish Primer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Salzburg team red would be awesome but people associates red with Ferrari so Marketing department won´t like it.
Old 27 Jun 2013, 21:43 (Ref:3270900)   #2017
Marcus666
Racer

Sweden
Marcus666 has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by zanfo zanfagni View Post
Agree. In my opinion also a world F1 championship isn't a guarantee of success. Take vettel and lotterer. Give to lotterer an RB8, he will be at least 2 seconds slower than vettel. Give to vetteal an R18 e-tron quattro, he won't be able to run in 3.22 at le mans. Talent is not enough, a driver must first to specialize in a category to be the top.
Give Lotterer 1000 km testing km in the RB8 (or RB9) and he will be on par with Seb.

*Waiting for the bashings*
Old 27 Jun 2013, 21:54 (Ref:3270908)   #2018
Gingers4Justice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Highbury, London
Gingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus666 View Post
Give Lotterer 1000 km testing km in the RB8 (or RB9) and he will be on par with Seb.

*Waiting for the bashings*
Not going to bash you here, not at all. It's an opinion difficult to discredit. But I will disagree!

There is a massive underestimation of the driving talent in LMP1 from the mainstream motorsport media. We know that. But their comes a point when you just have to accept that F1 is better.

Vettel, Alonso, Hamilton, Raikkonen...in my opinion, whilst some of those may not be instant hits in the WEC, they're all time greats and I don't really think anyone in the WEC can hold a candle to them.

Then you have the drivers like Webber, Kobayashi, Fisi....drivers on their day or even for most of the season who can keep hold of their coat tails in F1 and even defeat them, sometimes comprehensively even. But there are just some WDC in F1 who have that extra, special few tenths of a second and some charismatic genius that sets them apart.
Old 27 Jun 2013, 22:00 (Ref:3270911)   #2019
Breitling24
Veteran

Breitling24 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridBreitling24 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Starfish Primer View Post
Salzburg team red would be awesome but people associates red with Ferrari so Marketing department won´t like it.
Except the "coprorate colors" are red, black, and white, as seen on factory drivers suits, and motorsports clothing. So if they don't go with colors of a major sponsor, like they did with DHL, I can see a chunk of red being in the livery.

"Travel makes a wise man better, and a fool worse." Thomas Fuller
Old 27 Jun 2013, 22:47 (Ref:3270941)   #2020
Marcus666
Racer

Sweden
Marcus666 has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gingers4Justice View Post
Not going to bash you here, not at all. It's an opinion difficult to discredit. But I will disagree!

There is a massive underestimation of the driving talent in LMP1 from the mainstream motorsport media. We know that. But their comes a point when you just have to accept that F1 is better.

Vettel, Alonso, Hamilton, Raikkonen...in my opinion, whilst some of those may not be instant hits in the WEC, they're all time greats and I don't really think anyone in the WEC can hold a candle to them.

Then you have the drivers like Webber, Kobayashi, Fisi....drivers on their day or even for most of the season who can keep hold of their coat tails in F1 and even defeat them, sometimes comprehensively even. But there are just some WDC in F1 who have that extra, special few tenths of a second and some charismatic genius that sets them apart.
OK, but my point is, guys like Anthony Davidson or Andre Lotterer never had the chance to prove themselves. I still today can't believe Red Bull picked Scott Speed for their Young Drivers Program, he was utter **** compared to the previous guys. Our own Swede Björn Wirdheim got kicked from Red Bull racing because Red Bull hadn't sponsored him before and instead took Christian Klien who had lesser titles to his name! This is why I am pretty angry over the system. either you have a large sponsor who pukes money into the team, or else you get headhunted into the young drivers program wich has proved they don't work if you got more than 1 team (RB, TR).
Old 28 Jun 2013, 00:51 (Ref:3270978)   #2021
dxk1
Veteran

United States
Annapolis
dxk1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the griddxk1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the griddxk1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dario911 View Post
I think that Aston have kind of worn that livery out over the last few years so seeing a Porsche in that livery wouldn't be that unique. However, it certainly would bring back the memories of 1970!

DK

Edit: From some of the posts above I see I'm late to the "I'm tired of Gulf livery" group.
Old 28 Jun 2013, 00:53 (Ref:3270981)   #2022
deggis
Veteran

Finland
deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!
Classic homage liveries are nice and so on, but I'd prefer a livery based on the sponsor that gives them a biggest bag of sponsor money.
Old 28 Jun 2013, 00:54 (Ref:3270982)   #2023
deggis
Veteran

Finland
deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Will be possible to have only a martini livery paintscheme at le mans because french or EU laws about alchol and tobacco. (I guess that is clear to understand that is not a snide comment, but just a comment that reports the impossibility to use the martini (or whatever else alcholic producer) logo during 24H of le mans; in 2010 highcroft racing could not use tequila patron logo's on their cars).
Tobacco advertising is another matter, but this alcohol law is France's own law, not EU-wide, many countries have similar laws though.
Old 28 Jun 2013, 06:21 (Ref:3271038)   #2024
Spyderman
Veteran

Mozambique
Mozambique
Spyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Buemi too keeps his redbull sponsorship in his helmet. I don't think that redbull will sponsorize the whole car. In early 2012 there were rumors about redbull new sponsor of peugeot sport. During audi years, Dumas and Bernhard usually were togheter. Only in some 6h races 2011 ILMC bernhard partner was fassler.
Bernhard and Dumas were together way before the "Audi" years.
Old 28 Jun 2013, 06:24 (Ref:3271039)   #2025
Spyderman
Veteran

Mozambique
Mozambique
Spyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
There is quite a strong connection between Piech and the Salzburg colors.