Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Barn Finds > A1GP

Old 2 May 2007, 11:48 (Ref:1904920)   #101
ISPL
Rookie

United Kingdom
ISPL should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilles lives!
Full credit to the FPA guys also, the 3rd race was a cracker with the power boost being used to the max. On Friday afternoon I noticed 3 of the 'boys' from the sharp end of race 3, walking the GP loop, laughing and joking, little did I know that they were to take things so seriously come the racing !

Robbie starred (great post race do'nuts) as did the ultra cool Nico and Brands looked superb, thanks to the marshals managing to repair various tyre barriers, the grabber drivers were certainly kept busy.

I only caught 1 FFord race which Freddie Hunt managed not to cover himself with glory in and missed both S2000 races. I thought that the BRITCAR and Historic tourers spread themselves out well on the GP Loop although the safety car appeared perhaps a little too often.

As we left through the Paddock exit on Sunday, we noticed a crowd of people peering over a bridge onto the M20 waving to the Gumball 3000 gang, just then, that very noisy Ferrari Enzo passed by followed by the Bugatti Veyron and others. The end to a great weekend.
When we were on our way back from watching A1 in Zolder last year we noticed laods of people hanging over every bridge on the way up to London from the port. Then all of a sudden we saw why as an array of Gumball cars travelling south appeared in the opposite direction. They are quite a spectacle. Every mile or so there seemed to be a Police Car or bike travelling at 70mph in the middle or outside lane to keep them in check.

It was good to see the Veron 'in the flesh' so as to speak and on track even if it was at a farly pedestrian pace..
Old 2 May 2007, 14:03 (Ref:1905005)   #102
The Tour
Rookie

England
Croydon
The Tour should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quality weekend and thanks to everyone who helped us with the Podcast along the way (Should be online by tomorrow morning).

People have their opinions about A1GP but no-one can doubt the entertainment we were provided with particuarly in the feature race.

It will be good to see Niko back at Brands in a couple of weeks on the Indy Circuit for the F3 Euroseries! Thanks to Robbie Kerr aswell, he gave it everything!

The title is ours next season ! ! !
Old 2 May 2007, 18:32 (Ref:1905211)   #103
Spudgun
Race Official
Veteran

England
Reading, UK
Spudgun should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpudgun should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpudgun should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil iDT
the guy who was driving the number 24 Lola Sport 2000 sucked. He spun twice at Druids and both times made a complete hash of getting back on track. The marshalls there were taking the mick something rotten.
I was up at Druids during that race. It could have ended in tears, but it was a bit comical.

I noticed he started going round there in a high gear after that.
Old 2 May 2007, 21:54 (Ref:1905405)   #104
Neil iDT
Rookie

South Africa
Leeds, UK
Neil iDT should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The 1st time was very heart-in-mouth as he almost looked as though he was trying to get hit, 2nd time was just damn funny!
Old 7 May 2007, 14:40 (Ref:1908349)   #105
Kiwi3
Veteran

New Zealand
Beijing
Kiwi3 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridKiwi3 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
On a slightly separate note - where are the results from the final round of the predictions competition, did I miss them?
Old 7 May 2007, 14:53 (Ref:1908358)   #106
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!
No. I've been wondering that, too, but I'd guess the explanation is that the feature race results are not final yet.

The Netherlands protested Italy for having taken its pit stop just after the safety car was sent out. Italy claim to have got into the pit lane just before the safety car and that's the way it looked on TV.

The stewards of the meeting agreed, but now the Netherlands have taken it further and appealed to the MSA. That might take a while, although I hope they'll get it sorted ASAP.